• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

What is the Bible about?

Revelation 21:3
And
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.
I heard
ἤκουσα (ēkousa)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary verb; to hear.
a loud
μεγάλης (megalēs)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3173: Large, great, in the widest sense.
voice
φωνῆς (phōnēs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 5456: Probably akin to phaino through the idea of disclosure; a tone; by implication, an address, saying or language.
from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.
the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.
throne
θρόνου (thronou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2362: From thrao; a stately seat; by implication, power or a potentate.
saying:
λεγούσης (legousēs)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.
“Behold,
Ἰδοὺ (Idou)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2400: See! Lo! Behold! Look! Second person singular imperative middle voice of eido; used as imperative lo!
the
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.
dwelling place
σκηνὴ (skēnē)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4633: A tent, booth, tabernacle, abode, dwelling, mansion, habitation. Apparently akin to skeuos and skia; a tent or cloth hut.
of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.
[is] with
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.
man,
ἀνθρώπων (anthrōpōn)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
He will live
σκηνώσει (skēnōsei)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4637: To dwell as in a tent, encamp, have my tabernacle. From skenos; to tent or encamp, i.e. to occupy or, to reside.
with
μετ’ (met’)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.
them.
αὐτῶν (autōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.
They
αὐτοὶ (autoi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.
will be
ἔσονται (esontai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
people,
λαοὶ (laoi)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2992: Apparently a primary word; a people.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
God
Θεὸς (Theos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.
Himself
αὐτὸς (autos)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
will be
ἔσται (estai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.
with
μετ’ (met’)
Preposition
them
αὐτῶν (autōn)
[as] their
αὐτῶν (autōn)
God.
θεός (theos)
- In this verse we are told about God (three times)!

Somebody says: Adonai:
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

There is no other besides the Holy One of Israel; the forefathers know this.

Blessed be Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth - the first and the last. Amen.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe away
ἐξαλείψει (exaleipsei)
Strong's 1813: To plaster, wash over; I wipe off, wipe out, obliterate. From ek and aleipho; to smear out, i.e. Obliterate.
every
πᾶν (pan)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.
tear
δάκρυον (dakryon)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1144: A tear. Or dakruon dak'-roo-on; of uncertain affinity; a tear.
from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.
their
αὐτῶν (autōn)
eyes,
ὀφθαλμῶν (ophthalmōn)
Strong's 3788: The eye; fig: the mind's eye. From optanomai; the eye; by implication, vision; figuratively, envy.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
there will be
ἔσται (estai)
no
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.
more
ἔτι (eti)
Adverb
Strong's 2089: (a) of time: still, yet, even now, (b) of degree: even, further, more, in addition. Perhaps akin to etos; 'yet, ' still.
death
θάνατος (thanatos)
Strong's 2288: Death, physical or spiritual. From thnesko; death.
[or]
οὔτε (oute)
Conjunction
Strong's 3777: And not, neither, nor. From ou and te; not too, i.e. Neither or nor; by analogy, not even.
mourning
πένθος (penthos)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3997: Mourning, sorrow, sadness, grief. Strengthened from the alternate of pascho; grief.
[or]
οὔτε (oute)
Conjunction
Strong's 3777: And not, neither, nor. From ou and te; not too, i.e. Neither or nor; by analogy, not even.
crying
κραυγὴ (kraugē)
Strong's 2906: (a) a shout, cry, clamor, (b) outcry, clamoring against another. From krazo; an outcry.
[or]
οὔτε (oute)
Conjunction
pain,
πόνος (ponos)
Strong's 4192: (a) labor, toil, (b) pain, anguish, distress, suffering. From the base of penes; toil, i.e. anguish.
for
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.
the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Nominative Neuter Plural
former things
πρῶτα (prōta)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 4413: First, before, principal, most important. Contracted superlative of pro; foremost.
have passed away.�
ἀπῆλθαν (apēlthan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 565: From apo and erchomai; to go off, aside or behind, literally or figuratively.
- Who is going to do that?
- GOD!

- Revelation 21:7
The [one who]
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular
is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3528: To conquer, be victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue. From nike; to subdue.
will inherit
κληρονομήσει (klēronomēsei)
Strong's 2816: To inherit, obtain (possess) by inheritance, acquire. From kleronomos; to be an heir to.
all things,
ταῦτα (tauta)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
I will be
ἔσομαι (esomai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 1st Person Singular
his
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
God,
Θεὸς (Theos)
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
he
αὐτὸς (autos)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
will be
ἔσται (estai)
My
μοι (moi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.
son.
υἱός (huios)
Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.
- Whom are we told about?
- GOD!

Revelation 21:9
- Only then we are told about the Lamb!
Then
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
one
εἷς (heis)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1520: One. (including the neuter Hen); a primary numeral; one.
of
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural
seven
ἑπτὰ (hepta)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 2033: Seven. A primary number; seven.
angels
ἀγγέλων (angelōn)
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.
with
ἐχόντων (echontōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.
the
τὰς (tas)
Article - Accusative Feminine Plural
seven
ἑπτὰ (hepta)
Adjective - Accusative Feminine Plural
bowls
φιάλας (phialas)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's 5357: A shallow and flat bowl. Of uncertain affinity; a broad shallow cup.
full
γεμόντων (gemontōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 1073: To be full of. A primary verb; to swell out, i.e. Be full.
of the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Feminine Plural
seven
ἑπτὰ (hepta)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Plural
last
ἐσχάτων (eschatōn)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Plural
Strong's 2078: Last, at the last, finally, till the end. A superlative probably from echo; farthest, final.
plagues
πληγῶν (plēgōn)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Plural
Strong's 4127: A blow, stripe, wound; an affliction, plague. From plesso; a stroke; by implication, a wound; figuratively, a calamity.
came
ἦλθεν (ēlthen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
said
ἐλάλησεν (elalēsen)
Strong's 2980: A prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; to talk, i.e. Utter words.
to
μετ’ (met’)
Preposition
me,
ἐμοῦ (emou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.
“Come,
Δεῦρο (Deuro)
Verb - Imperative - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 1204: Here; used also imperative hither!; and of time, hitherto.
I will show
δείξω (deixō)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1166: A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show.
you
σοι (soi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.
the
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular
bride,
νύμφην (nymphēn)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3565: From a primary but obsolete verb nupto; a young married woman, including a betrothed girl; by implication, a son's wife.
the
τὴν (tēn)
wife
γυναῖκα (gynaika)
Strong's 1135: A woman, wife, my lady. Probably from the base of ginomai; a woman; specially, a wife.
of the
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Neuter Singular
Lamb.�
ἀρνίου (arniou)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 721: (originally: a little lamb, but diminutive force was lost), a lamb. Diminutive from aren; a lambkin.

Revelation 21:10:
- Once again we are told about GOD!
And
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
he carried me away
ἀπήνεγκέν (apēnenken)
Strong's 667: To carry, bear away (sometimes with violence). From apo and phero; to bear off.
in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.
[the] Spirit
Πνεύματι (Pneumati)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.
to
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.
a mountain
ὄρος (oros)
Strong's 3735: A mountain, hill. Probably from an obsolete oro; a mountain: -hill, mount(-ain).
great
μέγα (mega)
Strong's 3173: Large, great, in the widest sense.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
high,
ὑψηλόν (hypsēlon)
Strong's 5308: High, lofty. From hupsos; lofty.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
showed
ἔδειξέν (edeixen)
Strong's 1166: A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show.
me
μοι (moi)
the
τὴν (tēn)
holy
ἁγίαν (hagian)
Adjective - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 40: Set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred. From hagos; sacred.
city
πόλιν (polin)
Strong's 4172: A city, the inhabitants of a city. Probably from the same as polemos, or perhaps from polus; a town.
[of] Jerusalem
Ἰερουσαλὴμ (Ierousalēm)
Strong's 2419: Of Hebrew origin; Hierusalem, the capitol of Palestine.
coming down
καταβαίνουσαν (katabainousan)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2597: To go down, come down, either from the sky or from higher land, descend. From kata and the base of basis; to descend.
out of
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
heaven
οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.
from
ἀπὸ (apo)
Preposition
Strong's 575: From, away from. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. Away, in various senses.
God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)

Revelation 21:11
- GOD again!
shining with
ἔχουσαν (echousan)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.
the
τὴν (tēn)
glory
δόξαν (doxan)
Strong's 1391: From the base of dokeo; glory, in a wide application.
of God.
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Its
αὐτῆς (autēs)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Feminine 3rd Person Singular
radiance
φωστὴρ (phōstēr)
Strong's 5458: A light, an illuminator, perhaps the sun; a star; brilliancy. From phos; an illuminator, i.e. a luminary, or brilliancy.
[was] like
ὅμοιος (homoios)
Strong's 3664: Like, similar to, resembling, of equal rank. From the base of homou; similar.
a most precious
τιμιωτάτῳ (timiōtatō)
Adjective - Dative Masculine Singular - Superlative
Strong's 5093: Of great price, precious, honored.
jewel,
λίθῳ (lithō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3037: A stone; met: of Jesus as the chief stone in a building. Apparently a primary word; a stone.
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.
a jasper
ἰάσπιδι (iaspidi)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2393: Jasper; a precious stone. Probably of foreign origin; 'jasper', a gem.
stone,
λίθῳ (lithō)
Strong's 3037: A stone; met: of Jesus as the chief stone in a building. Apparently a primary word; a stone.
clear as crystal.
κρυσταλλίζοντι (krystallizonti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2929: To be clear as crystal, brilliant like crystal. From krustallos; to make ice.

Revelation 21:14
- The twelve apostles of the Lamb!
The
τὸ (to)
Article - Nominative Neuter Singular
wall
τεῖχος (teichos)
Strong's 5038: A wall, especially of a city. Akin to the base of tikto; a wall.
of the
τῆς (tēs)
Article - Genitive Feminine Singular
city
πόλεως (poleōs)
Strong's 4172: A city, the inhabitants of a city. Probably from the same as polemos, or perhaps from polus; a town.
had
ἔχων (echōn)
twelve
δώδεκα (dōdeka)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1427: Twelve; the usual way in which the Twelve apostles of Jesus are referred to. From duo and deka; two and ten, i.e. A dozen.
foundations
θεμελίους (themelious)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2310: From a derivative of tithemi; something put down, i.e. A substruction.
[bearing]
αὐτῶν (autōn)
[the]
δώδεκα (dōdeka)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 1427: Twelve; the usual way in which the Twelve apostles of Jesus are referred to. From duo and deka; two and ten, i.e. A dozen.
names
ὀνόματα (onomata)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.
of the
τῶν (tōn)
twelve
δώδεκα (dōdeka)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
apostles
ἀποστόλων (apostolōn)
Strong's 652: From apostello; a delegate; specially, an ambassador of the Gospel; officially a commissioner of Christ.
of the
τοῦ (tou)
Lamb.
Ἀρνίου (Arniou)
Strong's 721: (originally: a little lamb, but diminutive force was lost), a lamb. Diminutive from aren; a lambkin.

- Then Revelation 21:22 is also interesting:
- We are told about GOD and the Lamb!
[But]
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
I saw
εἶδον (eidon)
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.
no
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.
temple
ναὸν (naon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3485: A temple, a shrine, that part of the temple where God himself resides. From a primary naio; a fane, shrine, temple.
in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.
[the city],
αὐτῇ (autē)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Feminine 3rd Person Singular
because
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.
the
ὁ (ho)
Lord
Κύριος (Kyrios)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.
God
Θεὸς (Theos)
Almighty
Παντοκράτωρ (Pantokratōr)
Strong's 3841: Ruler of all, ruler of the universe, the almighty. From pas and kratos; the all-ruling, i.e. God.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
the
τὸ (to)
Lamb
Ἀρνίον (Arnion)
are
ἐστιν (estin)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
its
αὐτῆς (autēs)
temple.
ναὸς (naos)
Strong's 3485: A temple, a shrine, that part of the temple where God himself resides. From a primary naio; a fane, shrine, temple.

- What about Revelation 21:23?
- We are told about the glory of God which illuminates the city and and the Lamb is its lamp!
And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
the
ἡ (hē)
city
πόλις (polis)
has
ἔχει (echei)
no
οὐ (ou)
Adverb
need
χρείαν (chreian)
Strong's 5532: From the base of chraomai or chre; employment, i.e. An affair; also occasion, demand, requirement or destitution.
for
τοῦ (tou)
sun
ἡλίου (hēliou)
Strong's 2246: The sun, sunlight. From hele; the sun; by implication, light.
[or]
οὐδὲ (oude)
Conjunction
Strong's 3761: Neither, nor, not even, and not. From ou and de; not however, i.e. Neither, nor, not even.
moon
σελήνης (selēnēs)
Strong's 4582: The moon. From selas; the moon.
to
ἵνα (hina)
Conjunction
Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.
shine
φαίνωσιν (phainōsin)
Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 5316: Prolongation for the base of phos; to lighten, i.e. Show.
on it,
αὐτῇ (autē)
because
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.
the
ἡ (hē)
glory
δόξα (doxa)
Strong's 1391: From the base of dokeo; glory, in a wide application.
of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
illuminates
ἐφώτισεν (ephōtisen)
Strong's 5461: From phos; to shed rays, i.e. To shine or to brighten up.
[the city],
αὐτήν (autēn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Feminine 3rd Person Singular
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
the
τὸ (to)
Lamb
Ἀρνίον (Arnion)
[is] its
αὐτῆς (autēs)
lamp.
λύχνος (lychnos)
Strong's 3088: A lamp. From the base of leukos; a portable lamp or other illuminator.

- Then we are told about the Lamb's book of life!
- In Revelation 21:27:
[But]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
nothing
πᾶν (pan)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.
unclean
κοινὸν (koinon)
Strong's 2839: Probably from sun; common, i.e. shared by all or several, or profane.
will ever enter
εἰσέλθῃ (eiselthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1525: To go in, come in, enter. From eis and erchomai; to enter.
it,
αὐτὴν (autēn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Feminine 3rd Person Singular
[nor]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
anyone who
ὁ (ho)
practices
ποιῶν (poiōn)
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.
an abomination
βδέλυγμα (bdelygma)
Strong's 946: An abominable thing, an accursed thing. From bdelusso; a detestation, i.e. idolatry.
[or]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
a lie,
ψεῦδος (pseudos)
Strong's 5579: A lie, falsehood, untruth; false religion. From pseudomai; a falsehood.
but only
εἰ (ei)
Conjunction
Strong's 1487: If. A primary particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.
those whose
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural
[names] are written
γεγραμμένοι (gegrammenoi)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.
in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
the
τοῦ (tou)
Lamb’s
Ἀρνίου (Arniou)
book
βιβλίῳ (bibliō)
Strong's 975: A papyrus roll. A diminutive of biblos; a roll.
of life.
ζωῆς (zōēs)
Strong's 2222: Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. From zao; life.

- Then the throne of GOD and of the Lamb!
- In revelation 22:1
Then
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
[the angel] showed
ἔδειξέν (edeixen)
me
μοι (moi)
a river
ποταμὸν (potamon)
Strong's 4215: A river, torrent, stream. Probably from a derivative of the alternate of pino; a current, brook or freshet, i.e. Running water.
of the water
ὕδατος (hydatos)
Strong's 5204: Water. And genitive case, hudatos, etc. From the base of huetos; water literally or figuratively.
of life,
ζωῆς (zōēs)
Strong's 2222: Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. From zao; life.
as clear
λαμπρὸν (lampron)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2986: From the same as lampas; radiant; by analogy, limpid; figuratively, magnificent or sumptuous.
as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.
crystal,
κρύσταλλον (krystallon)
Strong's 2930: Crystal. From a derivative of kruos; ice, i.e. rock 'crystal'.
flowing
ἐκπορευόμενον (ekporeuomenon)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1607: From ek and poreuomai; to depart, be discharged, proceed, project.
from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
the
τοῦ (tou)
throne
θρόνου (thronou)
Strong's 2362: From thrao; a stately seat; by implication, power or a potentate.
of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
of the
τοῦ (tou)
Lamb
Ἀρνίου (Arniou)

- Once again the throne of God and of the Lamb!
- In Revelation 22:3
No
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
longer
ἔτι (eti)
Adverb
Strong's 2089: (a) of time: still, yet, even now, (b) of degree: even, further, more, in addition. Perhaps akin to etos; 'yet, ' still.
will there be
ἔσται (estai)
any
πᾶν (pan)
curse.
κατάθεμα (katathema)
Strong's 2652: A curse, an accursed thing. From kata and anathema; an imprecation.
The
ὁ (ho)
throne
θρόνος (thronos)
of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
of the
τοῦ (tou)
Lamb
Ἀρνίου (Arniou)
will be
ἔσται (estai)
within
ἐν (en)
Preposition
[the city],
αὐτῇ (autē)
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
servants
δοῦλοι (douloi)
Strong's 1401: (a) (as adj.) enslaved, (b) (as noun) a (male) slave. From deo; a slave.
will worship
λατρεύσουσιν (latreusousin)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 3000: To serve, especially God, perhaps simply: I worship. From latris; to minister, i.e. Render religious homage.
Him.
αὐτῷ (autō)
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other

- Think about Revelation 22:3!
- The throne of GOD and the Lamb!
- And his servants will serve him!
No
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
longer
ἔτι (eti)
Adverb
will there be
ἔσται (estai)
any
πᾶν (pan)
curse.
κατάθεμα (katathema)
Strong's 2652: A curse, an accursed thing. From kata and anathema; an imprecation.
The
ὁ (ho)
throne
θρόνος (thronos)
of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
of the
τοῦ (tou)
Lamb
Ἀρνίου (Arniou)
will be
ἔσται (estai)
within
ἐν (en)
Preposition
[the city],
αὐτῇ (autē)
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
servants
δοῦλοι (douloi)
Strong's 1401: (a) (as adj.) enslaved, (b) (as noun) a (male) slave. From deo; a slave.
will worship
λατρεύσουσιν (latreusousin)
Strong's 3000: To serve, especially God, perhaps simply: I worship. From latris; to minister, i.e. Render religious homage.
Him.
αὐτῷ (autō)

Revelation 22:4:
- His face and his name!
They will see
ὄψονται (opsontai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
face,
πρόσωπον (prosōpon)
Strong's 4383: From pros and ops; the front, i.e. The countenance, aspect, appearance, surface; by implication, presence, person.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
name
ὄνομα (onoma)
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.
[will be] on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
their
αὐτῶν (autōn)
foreheads.
μετώπων (metōpōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 3359: The forehead, front. From meta and ops; the forehead.

Revelation 22:5:
- GOD!
There will be
ἔσται (estai)
no more
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
night
νὺξ (nyx)
Strong's 3571: The night, night-time. A primary word; 'night'.
[in the city],
ἔτι (eti)
Adverb
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
they will have
ἔχουσιν (echousin)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
no
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
need
χρείαν (chreian)
Strong's 5532: From the base of chraomai or chre; employment, i.e. An affair; also occasion, demand, requirement or destitution.
for [the] light
φωτὸς (phōtos)
Strong's 5457: Light, a source of light, radiance. From an obsolete phao; luminousness.
of a lamp
λύχνου (lychnou)
Strong's 3088: A lamp. From the base of leukos; a portable lamp or other illuminator.
[or]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
of [the] sun.
ἡλίου (hēliou)
Strong's 2246: The sun, sunlight. From hele; the sun; by implication, light.
For
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.
[the] Lord
Κύριος (Kyrios)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.
God
Θεὸς (Theos)
will shine
φωτίσει (phōtisei)
Strong's 5461: From phos; to shed rays, i.e. To shine or to brighten up.
on
ἐπ’ (ep’)
Preposition
them,
αὐτούς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
they will reign
βασιλεύσουσιν (basileusousin)
Strong's 936: (a) I rule, reign, (b) I reign over. From basileus; to rule.
forever
αἰῶνας (aiōnas)
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.
[and]
τῶν (tōn)
ever.
αἰώνων (aiōnōn)
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

Revelation 22:6:
- GOD!
Then
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
[the angel] said
εἶπέν (eipen)
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.
to me,
μοι (moi)
“These
Οὗτοι (Houtoi)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Plural
words
λόγοι (logoi)
Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.
[are] faithful
πιστοὶ (pistoi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 4103: Trustworthy, faithful, believing. From peitho; objectively, trustworthy; subjectively, trustful.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
true.
ἀληθινοί (alēthinoi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 228: True (lit: made of truth), real, genuine. From alethes; truthful.
The
ὁ (ho)
Lord,
Κύριος (Kyrios)
the
ὁ (ho)
God
Θεὸς (Theos)
of the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Neuter Plural
spirits
πνευμάτων (pneumatōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.
of the
τῶν (tōn)
prophets,
προφητῶν (prophētōn)
Strong's 4396: From a compound of pro and phemi; a foreteller; by analogy, an inspired speaker; by extension, a poet.
has sent
ἀπέστειλεν (apesteilen)
Strong's 649: From apo and stello; set apart, i.e. to send out literally or figuratively.
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
angel
ἄγγελον (angelon)
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.
to show
δεῖξαι (deixai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
servants
δούλοις (doulois)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
what
ἃ (ha)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.
must
δεῖ (dei)
Strong's 1163: Third person singular active present of deo; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is Necessary.
soon
τάχει (tachei)
Strong's 5034: Quickness, speed; hastily, immediately. From the same as tachus; a brief space, i.e. in haste.
take place.�
γενέσθαι (genesthai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Middle
Strong's 1096: A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. to become, used with great latitude.

Revelation 22:9
- Worship GOD!
[But]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
he said
λέγει (legei)
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.
to me,
μοι (moi)
“Do not do that!
Ὅρα (Hora)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
I am
εἰμι (eimi)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
a fellow servant
σύνδουλός (syndoulos)
Strong's 4889: From sun and doulos; a co-slave, i.e. Servitor or ministrant of the same master.
with you
σού (sou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
your
σου (sou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular
brothers
ἀδελφῶν (adelphōn)
Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.
the
τῶν (tōn)
prophets,
προφητῶν (prophētōn)
Strong's 4396: From a compound of pro and phemi; a foreteller; by analogy, an inspired speaker; by extension, a poet.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
with those who
τῶν (tōn)
keep
τηρούντων (tērountōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 5083: From teros; to guard, i.e. To note; by implication, to detain; by extension, to withhold; by extension, to withhold.
the
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural
words
λόγους (logous)
Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.
of this
τούτου (toutou)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Genitive Neuter Singular
book.
βιβλίου (bibliou)
Worship
προσκύνησον (proskynēson)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4352: From pros and a probable derivative of kuon; to fawn or crouch to, i.e. prostrate oneself in homage.
God!�
Θεῷ (Theō)

Revelation 22:16:
- Then we are told about Jesus!
“I,
Ἐγὼ (Egō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Jesus,
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.
have sent
ἔπεμψα (epempsa)
Strong's 3992: To send, transmit, permit to go, put forth.
My
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
angel
ἄγγελόν (angelon)
to give you this testimony
μαρτυρῆσαι (martyrēsai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 3140: To witness, bear witness, give evidence, testify, give a good report. From martus; to be a witness, i.e. Testify.
for
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
the
ταῖς (tais)
Article - Dative Feminine Plural
churches.
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)
Noun - Dative Feminine Plural
Strong's 1577: From a compound of ek and a derivative of kaleo; a calling out, i.e. a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation.
I
ἐγώ (egō)
am
εἰμι (eimi)
the
ἡ (hē)
Root
ῥίζα (rhiza)
Strong's 4491: A root, shoot, source; that which comes from the root, a descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'root'.
and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
the
τὸ (to)
Offspring
γένος (genos)
Strong's 1085: Offspring, family, race, nation, kind. From ginomai; 'kin'.
of David,
Δαυίδ (Dauid)
Strong's 1138: David, King of Israel. Of Hebrew origin; Dabid, the Israelite king.
the
ὁ (ho)
bright
λαμπρός (lampros)
Strong's 2986: From the same as lampas; radiant; by analogy, limpid; figuratively, magnificent or sumptuous.
Morning
πρωϊνός (prōinos)
Strong's 4407: Belonging to the morning, early. From proi; pertaining to the dawn, i.e. Matutinal.
Star.�
ἀστὴρ (astēr)
Strong's 792: A star. Probably from the base of stronnumi; a star, literally or figuratively.

Revelation 22:18:
- GOD again!
I
ἐγὼ (egō)
testify
Μαρτυρῶ (Martyrō)
Strong's 3140: To witness, bear witness, give evidence, testify, give a good report. From martus; to be a witness, i.e. Testify.
to everyone
παντὶ (panti)
Adjective - Dative Masculine Singular
who
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Masculine Singular
hears
ἀκούοντι (akouonti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary verb; to hear.
the
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural
words
λόγους (logous)
of
τῆς (tēs)
Article - Genitive Feminine Singular
prophecy
προφητείας (prophēteias)
Strong's 4394: Prophecy, prophesying; the gift of communicating and enforcing revealed truth. From prophetes; prediction.
in this
τούτου (toutou)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Genitive Neuter Singular
book:
βιβλίου (bibliou)
If
ἐάν (ean)
Conjunction
Strong's 1437: If. From ei and an; a conditional particle; in case that, provided, etc.
anyone
τις (tis)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.
adds
ἐπιθῇ (epithē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2007: To put, place upon, lay on; I add, give in addition. From epi and tithemi; to impose.
to
ἐπ’ (ep’)
Preposition
[them],
αὐτά (auta)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Neuter 3rd Person Plural
God
Θεὸς (Theos)
will add
ἐπιθήσει (epithēsei)
Strong's 2007: To put, place upon, lay on; I add, give in addition. From epi and tithemi; to impose.
to
ἐπ’ (ep’)
Preposition
him
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
the
τὰς (tas)
Article - Accusative Feminine Plural
plagues
πληγὰς (plēgas)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's 4127: A blow, stripe, wound; an affliction, plague. From plesso; a stroke; by implication, a wound; figuratively, a calamity.
described
γεγραμμένας (gegrammenas)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.
in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
this
τούτῳ (toutō)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Dative Neuter Singular
book.
βιβλίῳ (bibliō)

Back