• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

May 28, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

We Cannot Picture In Our Minds

1 Corinthians 2:9-10

New King James Version

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

We cannot picture in our minds how beautiful Heaven is. We cannot feel with our thoughts the peace that encompasses Heaven. Heaven, it is not a pipe dream. Heaven is as real as our own earth.

One day, we will walk through the gates of Heaven. We will leave behind all troubles, pain, and crime. We will see that every sacrifice we made was far worth the glories of Heaven.

Until then we can rest in the love of God, knowing that He will never abandon us nor forsake us. Through every trial, He walks with us. The more we love Him, the more we learn to trust Him.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

May 30, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Do Not Play With Sin

Romans 6:5-6

New King James Version

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be [a]done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Jesus paid a terrible price to bring redemption to mankind and to save our souls. Yet, there are times when we are tempted to flirt with sin. It is not only dangerous to play with sin, but it grieves the Holy Spirit when we make such unwise choices.

Ephesians 4:30

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

We will be so much happier when we choose to walk in righteousness and avoid sin. Lay aside fleshly desires and choose to please our Heavenly Father. Remember sin only brings pleasure for a short time but can bring a lifetime of pain and an eternity in hell.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

June 1, 2024

Happy Saturday,

God Is Not Far Away

“Promise #152:

My love is everlasting and My faithfulness extends to all generations.

Psalm 100:5 (WEB)

For Yahweh is good. His loving kindness endures forever,

his faithfulness to all generations.

Our God and Father is good and His mercy will go on forever and ever. The more that you and I are convinced of the goodness of God, the more we will yield to the extravagant love that He showers on us every day.”

The devil would like us to believe that God is far away. The more we love God, the closer He becomes to us. Let us not be guilty of pushing God away. Let us, instead draw close to Him with our prayers, Worship, and praise.

Manatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 2, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

Created For A Purpose

We are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

We will find joy in life when we seek to fulfill the purpose God created us for. Living for God is an honor. Working for God is a purpose. The more we know God, the more He will make known to us, the purpose He has for us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 5, 2024

Happy Monday,

“Christ Loved Me

Anyone who does not love does not know God.

The distinguishing mark of a Christian is his confidence in Christ's love for him and in the offering of his love to Christ. First, faith sets her seal upon the man by enabling the soul to say with the apostle, "Christ loved me and gave himself for me."1 Then love gives the countersign and stamps upon the heart gratitude and love to Jesus in return. "We love because he first loved us."

We will not spend eternity bragging about the celebrities we have met. Nor will we be bragging about knowing powerful people, on earth. In Heaven, no one will care who we were in a relationship with on Earth.

The only relationship that will matter in Heaven is our relationship with God. The only relationship that will determine where we spend our eternity is our relationship with God.

Once we have died, it is too late to form a relationship with God. Today, is the time to accept salvation through Christ. Do not wait until it is too late.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Revelation 21

New King James Version

All Things Made New

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, [e]unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

June 6, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Make Time For God

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.'" (Matthew 6:33, NKJV)

So much going these days. There are many things that concern us that we have no control over. We need to make time each day to talk to God and seek guidance from Him. Reminding ourselves that He is still in control and that we can trust God in all things.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 5, 2024

Happy Monday,

“Christ Loved Me

The distinguishing mark of a Christian is his confidence in Christ's love for him and in the offering of his love to Christ. First, faith sets her seal upon the man by enabling the soul to say with the apostle, "Christ loved me and gave himself for me."1 Then love gives the countersign and stamps upon the heart gratitude and love to Jesus in return. "We love because he first loved us."

We will not spend eternity bragging about the celebrities we have met. Nor will we be bragging about knowing powerful people, on earth. In Heaven, no one will care who we were in a relationship with on Earth.

The only relationship that will matter in Heaven is our relationship with God. The only relationship that will determine where we spend our eternity is our relationship with God.

Once we have died, it is too late to form a relationship with God. Today, is the time to accept salvation through Christ. Do not wait until it is too late.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Revelation 21

New King James Version

All Things Made New

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, [e]unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
June 5, 2024

Happy Monday,

“Christ Loved Me

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Revelation 21

New King James Version

All Things Made New

I think our fellows in heaven will also matter.

June 8, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Trust God in All Things

Today I have a headache associated with dementia. I am a little confused and my brain feels foggy. Yet, even in the state I am, I feel the love of God over me. He has not forsaken me.

All of us have times when we just do not feel like ourselves. It can be disquieting. The devil would like to use these times to sew fear in our hearts. This is when we pray more and seek comfort from God. Praying for others will not only be a blessing to them but to us.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Psalm 57

New King James Version

Prayer for Safety from Enemies​

To the Chief Musician. Set to [a]“Do Not Destroy.” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.​

57 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.
2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.
3 He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who [b]would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.
4 My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.
6 They have prepared a net for my steps;
My soul is bowed down;
They have dug a pit before me;
Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah
7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and give praise.
8 Awake, my glory!
Awake, lute and harp!
I will awaken the dawn.
9 I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing to You among the [c]nations.
10 For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens,
And Your truth unto the clouds.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.

June 10, 2024

Happy Monday,

Daily Prayer for June 10
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us – so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. Psalm 67:1–2, NIV
Lord, Almighty God, you are our Father and we are your children, who want to live for you through Jesus Christ our Lord. Strengthen and renew our hearts. When discouragement and fear try to mislead us, may your Holy Spirit help us again and again to hold fast, for no matter what difficulties arise, your will is being done and your will is good. Your name will be honored. Your kingdom will come for all nations. Your reign will come over all peoples, for they are all yours and must acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Lord, to your honor, O Father. Amen”

Heavenly Father,

Help us to live in a way that is pleasing to you. Let the love of Jesus shine through us so that others can see Christ. May we be a living testimony of Your goodness, grace, and mercy.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for sinners.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 12, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

Live For God

2 Timothy 4:6-8

New King James Version

Paul’s Valedictory

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Paul finished his race and he was ready to meet His God. May God help us to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him. Just like Paul, we will be rewarded with the Crown of Righteousness, if we are looking forward to the rapture.

Work for God everyday for God, but always be ready for Jesus’ return. Do not be caught unaware. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

2 Corinthians 10

New King James Version

The Spiritual War​

10 Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. 2 But I beg you that when I am present I may not be bold with that confidence by which I intend to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

June 15, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Show Compassion

Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the Lord delivers them in times of trouble.
Psalm 41:1

When we are young, we are strong physically and mentally. Many of us as we have age are no longer at the top of our game. We struggle to get around. We struggle mentally. It is hard to deal with these losses.

Sometimes we feel like we are a burden to others. Our struggles can be embarrassing to us. Knowing that our loved ones sill love us and standing by us, is a blessing. We appreciate people praying for us and lifting our name up to God.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 17, 2024

Happy Monday,

Cry For Help

In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

Psalm 18:6 (ESV)

Today, started early and got rough. In the past, I would have crumpled. Today, only a slight agitation and then I felt God’s peace. He always hears our cries. His love for us covers us in the midst of frustration and weariness.

Let us always to cry to God in our distress. Talk to him about our needs and problems. Seek Him and you will find Him.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 18, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Hope

“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope. . . .
1 Timothy 1:1

Hope is the light that illuminates our pathway in life, leading us onward with the promise of eternal, full life with God. For all who know Christ, hope is an essential part of the journey. Indeed, as the apostle Paul says, Christ himself is our hope. Hope in Christ is not a mere wishful kind of hope that people sometimes talk about when they say, “I hope we have a beautiful day for our picnic,” or “I hope our sports team wins the championship.” If our hope is limited to this life alone, we will not find true happiness.”

In Christ alone do we find hope in our present, future and eternity. We need not wring our hands, fret, and worry. We can trust completely in God, our Heavenly Father.

We will have bad times. We will be frustrated at times. We will have unanswered questions. Yet when we cry out to God and He will give us peace of mind in all circumstances. His presence in our lives brings us peace and hope.

Acts 24:15

I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.

Romans 5:2

through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:5

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

1. 1 Corinthians 13:7
    bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 Corinthians 13:13
    And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Let us rejoice, even in times of stress, knowing hope in God is not in vain.

Betty

June 21, 2024

Happy Friday,

More Than We Can Bear

There is a misconception, that God will not give us more than we can bear. This is not true. Sometimes He does give us more than we can bear.

This is when God wants us to cry out for Him to help us. It is more than reminding us that we are weak humans. It is about God wanting us to know how much He loves us and how much He wants us to depend on Him.

When my son died, it was more than I could bear. Still, the pain often cuts like a knife to my heart. Yet my relationship with God is much stronger than before. I know God more than I did before. There is a spiritual growth that comes from going through the fire.

When bad things happen turn to God immediately. Trust God as you walk through the fires of loss, disappointments, and discouragement. God will never fail you.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 25, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Daily Prayer for June 25
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13, NIV
Lord our God, grant us courageous hearts, we pray. Grant that we may always find our strength and support in you and may bear with joy whatever the present days bring us. No matter how much evil occurs, we know that your peace is already prepared. We await your peace, and we are allowed to believe that everything will turn out according to your will and according to the good you have prepared for your people on earth. For in faith your people overcome the world, and at last through their faith others too may receive something from you and may lift their eyes to you, the God of truth, of justice, of salvation, and of peace. Be with us every day, Lord God. Help us. Bless us, and bless all who try to bring help where it is needed. Let us praise your name forevermore! “Amen.

God has not promised that we will understand why things happen to us and others in the world. He has promised to be with His children, those who have a relationship with Him.

Let us pray for the suffering. Pray for lost souls to come to saving grace through salvation through Jesus Christ.

Maranatha,

Betty

June 26, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

“I Do Not Understand “

To my understanding, there is nowhere in the Bible where God calls us to understand why He allows things to happen to us that we do not like. Distressing as it is to us, God has never promised us that He will explain to us why bad things happen to us.

What God has called us to do is to trust in Him in all situations. We are to love God, even when our hearts are breaking. We are to love God when a liar destroys our reputation, knowing that one day the truth will be revealed. When we love and trust God through it all we will find peace.

One day in Heaven we will understand. Now God wants our complete trust and for us to love Him with our whole heart.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your ownunderstanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Matthew 22:37-40

New King James Version

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 28, 2024

Happy Friday,

Accepting What I Cannot Change

I am awake while others sleep. This has been this way for three years. I have prayed. I have fought with sleep but, now I am learning to accept my reality.

I can write my blog late at night. I can do my Bible study late at night. I can pray for others late at night. For now, my Church will have to be a good Bible-preaching Pastor online.

I do not understand why God has me walking this path, but I will choose to trust Him, even if I do not understand.

Only God knows the path that God has put you on my dear friend. It can be discouraging when we do not understand why God allows us to suffer. Yet we can find peace when we trust God in spite of our circumstances.

2 Samuel 22:31

As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Psalm 18:2

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Look forward with great anticipation when Jesus shall come to take us to His Home in Heaven. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 29, 2024

Saturday, 29, 2024

1 Timothy 4

New King James Version

The Great Apostasy

4 Now the Spirit [a]expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Sadly, it is not just Preachers and Teachers who are abandoning the truth of God’s Holy Word. Christian singers are also becoming more concerned about pleasing the world than pleasing God.

We are so close to the rapture and it breaks my heart to see those in positions to reach many for Christ abandon the basic principles of God’s Word. How sad it will be for those who were leaders to miss the rapture because of their lust for popularity in the world. This is not the time to lay aside your salvation to embrace and promote sin.

Only those who are willing to worship God in spirit and truth and honor God’s Word will enter the gates of Heaven. Pray for those who have lost sight of what is important. Pleasing our Heavenly Father should be our ultimate goal.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Back