• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

March 7, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Abide In The Rock of Ages

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.

There are many people offering a false hope today. Our true hope is I'm the Lord our God. Only He can give us salvation that will last through eternity.

He is always with us. He will never abandon us. We can trust God in every situation.

Let us praise God together and worship Him in spirit and in truth. We know not what tomorrow will bring, but God does and He will be with us.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

March 9, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Be Followers of Christ

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.”
Mark 8:34

Following Jesus means more than listening to him and agreeing with his teachings. Jesus says that whoever wants to be his disciple “must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow” him.”

It is not enough to hear a great sermon and say Amen and then walk away and never think about what you heard again. You must apply the principles to your life.

James 1:22-25

New King James Version

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

Being a follower of Christ is not always easy, especially in this world, today. As a Christian woman, you are expected to uphold the truths of the Bible. When you do not, do not be surprised to be told that your husband rules you. It is not our husbands but our God who guides us in His truths.

One day we will leave this world and live with our Heavenly Father, forever. We will say goodbye to a sinful world and enter a perfect Heaven. The greatest thing we can do for ourselves is follow Christ.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

March 12, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

To Whom Do You Belong?

“In the life of faith, neutrality is not an option. We are either ranked under the banner of the Lord Jesus, to serve and fight His battles, or we are slaves of the dark prince, Satan. “To whom do you belong?”

We have to choose who will serve. Will we serve God our self? Serving self is serving the devil. We have to choose for ourselves. Our parents or our grandparents cannot choose for us. Our mates cannot choose for our.

This is a very serious decision we must make for ourselves. One day we will take our last breath on this earth. We will spend eternity where we chose to spend it. Any thing we give up for God will be so worth it to be with God for eternity.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 15, 2024

Happy Friday,

“Promise #74:

I see all your hardships and I care about your suffering.

Psalm 31:7 (WEB)

I will be glad and rejoice in your loving kindness,

for you have seen my affliction.

You have known my soul in adversities.

The English Standard Version of the Psalm 31:7 says this... I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul (ESV) King David, who wrote this psalm, knew a lot about hardship and affliction. He experienced much loss, betrayal, grief, and violence in his tumultuous life.”

Our suffering and pain does not go unnoticed by God. He sees our tears. He sees our struggles. The burdens we bear in this life will be forgotten when we see Jesus face to face. We are not capable of understanding the joy that awaits us in Heaven.

Let us work for God and bear our burdens with grace. Rejoicing in the knowledge that it will not be long and this life and all its troubles will be a faded memory.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 16, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Preserve Me, O’God

Psalm 16:1-3

New King James Version

The Hope of the Faithful, and the Messiah’s Victory

A Michtam of David.

Preserve[a] me, O God, for in You I put my trust.

O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”

As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”

We need not fear the world around us. We can wholly trust in God. He will preserve us until He comes to take us to Heaven. We can rest in our Heavenly Father with complete trust and confidence.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March17, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

“The Truth Will Set You Free”

Daily Prayer for March 17
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31–32, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you in the Spirit. Through your Spirit gather us and many others on earth around our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Savior of humankind. May our hearts become truly free because you deliver us from all bondage to our own natures and to the world around us. As free people may we be led safely through distress, fear, and want, through need and death. May we become happy children whom Jesus Christ has called to life, children who are not discouraged by the struggle but who fight joyfully for your kingdom until it can be revealed to all the world. Amen”

Unfortunately, there are many Preachers and Teachers who are leading the sheep astray. As children of God, we must learn the truth so we can recognize a lie.

Just because a person is a Pastor, Teacher, Prophet, or Prophetess, does not mean they speak the truth of God. I unfriended a young lady on Facebook, on Friday. She was so excited. She said that God spoke to her and said that she would be one of the 144 thousand witnesses during the tribulation. She was so happy that God had granted her desire.

Sadly, this young lady does not know God’s Word. The 144 thousand will be Jewish male virgins.

The Lamb and the 144,000 (Revelation 14:1-5)

"Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps, and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.

There are those that do not want to know the truth. Nothing you can say will change their minds. Sometimes it is best to walk away from such a person.

Know the Bible for yourself. Verify everything you are told with God’s Holy Word. Walk with God and put your trust in Him.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 18, 2022

Happy Monday,

Do Not Pray, Against God’s Will

Last night I could not sleep. While lying in bed I thought of the lady who calls herself a Prophetess. She is asking to be left behind when the rapture happens. Nowhere in the Bible does it say for someone to delay salvation to be left behind.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

New King James Version

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Sadly in her desire to over rule God. She believes in her heart God spoke to her. The Bible makes it clear that God will never confirm something that is contrary to His Holy Word. Only a demon would have told her that.

It is a very scary thing to determine in your heart that you want something that is contrary to the Bible. Her soul is in mortal danger when she takes the word of a demon over God. Pray for this lady that it might not be too late for her to get right with God and to put God’s desires over her own.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 20, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

We Can Be At Peace, When We Trust

Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord. Psalm 40:4

READ Psalm 40:1–5

There is so much turmoil in the world. So much tragedy. People treated unfairly. It is enough to discourage anyone. We cannot control the world around us, but we can find peace of mind by trusting in God.

One day we will leave this world behind and enter the gates of Heaven. What a glorious day that will be! Until then let us find comfort and peace in knowing this pain and heartache will end in eternal joy and glorious eternal peace.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 21,2024

Happy Thursday,

Silence

Sometimes we need silence to hear the whispers of God.

The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

1 Kings 19:11-12 (NIV)

We often have so many voices coming at us especially by the so called world’s experts, but what we really need is some alone time with God. God is the true expert. Seek His advice first before others.

It is nice to get other’s opinions on things. Especially someone who has been what we are going through. Just make sure their advice does not contradict the Bible.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

March 27, 2024

Happy Thursday,

God Only Knows

There are things we go through individually that only God knows about. Let us not grow weary but stay faithful to God. God will never abandon us. Even in the darkest moments, God is with us.

Children let us hold on to God and rest in His loving arms. He is coming for us soon. Do not give up. We are so close to the prize of Heaven. Rejoice in the knowledge that our Creator is with us always.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

1 Timothy 4
New Life Version
False Teaching in the Last Days

4 The Holy Spirit tells us in plain words that in the last days some people will turn away from the faith. They will listen to what is said about spirits and follow the teaching about demons. 2 Those who teach this tell it as the truth when they know it is a lie. They do it so much that their own hearts no longer say it is wrong. 3 They will say, “Do not get married. Do not eat some kinds of food.” But God gave these things to Christians who know the truth. We are to thank God for them. 4 Everything God made is good. We should not put anything aside if we can take it and thank God for it. 5 It is made holy by the Word of God and Matthew 24:9-14
New King James Version
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Matthew 24:9-14
New King James Version
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

March 29, 2024

Good Friday,

Remember the Day

Take time today, to remember the significance of this day. Thank our Lord Jesus for the sacrifice that Jesus made to purchase our salvation with His own precious blood. Honor Him by being a blessing to others.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

April 1, 2024

Happy Monday,

“Promise #91:

My kingdom is everlasting and My dominion will endure forever.”

Psalm 145:13 (WEB)

Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom.

Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

Yahweh is faithful in all his words,

and loving in all his deeds.

“The kingdoms of this world will not last forever. Even some of the most long standing empires that spanned immense territories eventually faltered and faded away. No matter how great the king, no matter how vast their armies, every kingdom has a beginning and an end.’

I have been back in a colitis flare for a couple of weeks, the worst one I have had in years. It would be easy to become discouraged. Between that problem and problems with my head, I feel crummy.

Yet this will pass. Whatever we are going through we still have hope in our Heavenly Father. Even on extra bad days, we can still trust in God. Our future is so very bright. One day we all our bad days will just be a memory.

For now, let us focus on the Lord. Seek His help and trust in Him. Pray for others. So many many Christians are suffering. Let us not become so focused on our own situation that we do not see the suffering of others.

Maranatha,

Betty

Verse 1]

“Soon and very soon

We are going to see the King

Soon and very soon

Soon and very soon

Hallelujah hallelujah

We're going to see the King

[Verse 1]

Soon and very soon

Soon and very soon

Soon and very soon

Hallelujah hallelujah

We're going to see the King

[Verse 2]

No more crying there

No more crying there

No more crying there

Hallelujah Hallelujah

We're going to see the King”

April 3, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

“Promise #93:

I am a gracious God who is righteous and full of mercy.

Psalm 116:5 (WEB)

Yahweh is Gracious and righteous.

Yes, our God is merciful.”

God is perfection in righteousness, and yet He is merciful to all who call out to Him. In God alone, can we find complete salvation. We need not fear what is to come because our Heavenly Father goes before us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

April 6, 2024

Happy Saturday,

When the devil tells us that what we are going through is more than we can bear, he may be telling us the truth. Remember that we are not working by ourselves. We have the Holy Spirit within us to help us stand strong.

When we are over come and fall down call out to our Heavenly Father and He will pick us up. God is not calling out plays from the sidelines like a coach. He is with us all the way.

Betty

April 10, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him.” (Habakkuk 2:20 NIV)

We do not have to up long for us to have issues. Things can come one after. Instead of becoming overwhelmed, stop and pray. Pray for peace and guidance.

The Lord wants to help us. Sometimes we just need to ask. Pray for Israel. Pray for list souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

April 12, 2024

Happy Friday,

Romans 12:18

New King James Version

18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Apostle Paul, knew there would be times that no matter how hard you try, you cannot please everyone. Often it is because you are dealing with an angry and bitter person.

Sometimes, you just have to walk away, even if it is for a short break. Always pray for unhappy people. They make you miserable because they themselves live in misery.

Only God can heal a bitter person. It is especially hard when the person has lost their faith. They need God more than ever, but they often blame God for the situation rather than seek help from God.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls. Pray for those who are discouraged and losing their faith.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

April 14, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

Daily Prayer for April 14
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10, NIV
Lord our God, O great and almighty One, whose Spirit fills heaven and earth! We thank you that you are our Father and that in you we have a refuge wherever we must go as we serve you on earth. We thank you that your life can be revealed in us and can flow through us so that the world may be blest by you, our loving and caring Father. Protect us and strengthen us in times of trouble and sorrow. When we travel on new paths, give us your Spirit to show us the way, that everything may lead to the good and to your honor. Father, through your Spirit unite us in the unshakable hope that your will shall at last be done on earth as in heaven. Grant that we may rejoice in the certainty that whatever happens, our paths are made level and firm by your love and your faithfulness. Amen”

Dementia can give you anxiety and problems with your nerves. I polished one piece of furtinture and took a half of the nerve pill to help calm, myself Saturday. Slowly God gave me peace of mind.

Being a Christian does not mean we do not have health issues, but we can go to God and seek peace and calmness. Daily we seek to do the will of God. Even when we ourselves are tormented, we can be an encouragement to others.

May God help us be a blessing to others. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

April 15, 2024

Happy Saturday,

This World Feels Less and Less Like Home

“One of the consequences of living in a highly mobile, transient world is a sense of detachment—wondering if we’ll ever find a place where we truly belong. This feeling may also reflect a deeper reality, expressed by C. S. Lewis: “If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”

I honestly believe God is preparing us to say goodbye to this world. Every day we hear about another tragedy in this world. A tragedy that covers us with a blanket of sadness.

Yet, if we are children of God, we have hope. A hope of a home that if far beyond our imagination to even picture it in our minds. Our suffering will soon fade away as we settle into our glorious eternity with our Heavenly Father.

For now, let us not neglect praying for those suffering around us. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

April 17, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

We Can Only Imagine

In the last Star Trek television series there was a group of people who were liquid form. They existed in a condition where they co-existed in an ocean form where everyone existed as one.

In Heaven, we will be individuals who know each other, but I believe it is possible that we will have a spiritual union that joins us together as God’s people. This spiritual existence will bring to us a love beyond any love relationship in earth. We will be one with each other and experience a love for God and for each other that is beyond any physical or emotional love that is possible on earth.

We will know a joy that nothing on this earth can compare to. We will experience a union with God and one another that is beyond our comprehension to even imagine in our earthly minds and bodies.

We cannot imagine the glorious joy we will experience when we enter Heaven’s gates. The suffering we have experienced on this earth will fade away as God welcomes us into His Heavenly home.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Back