• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 20, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Live in Righteousness

Pray Over This
“Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.”
James 1:21

One thing that God has laid on my heart lately is living in Righteousness and God’s Truth. The ‘truth’ of the world is often filled with lies and partial truths. God’s truths are completely true and righteous.

We are to be living to please our Heavenly Father. Pleasing the world will lead us nowhere. What the world thinks is good today changes with the wind. The world turns on its own. One day you may be the world’s darling and the next day you are canceled.

Let us pray that God will guide us in living in rightness and holiness. May He bless each one of us with His love and kindness.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 21, 2022

Happy Friday,

In The Valley He Restoreth My Soul

Most Christians want to grow in the Lord and to be our spiritual best. Yet we do not want to through the requirements that promote growth. Most Of us like rejoicing on the mountaintop. Being in the valley is often hard dark times. Time of tears and despair that wants to sink us into depression. Yet, when we are in the valley if we keep praising God, He will give us peace in the Lord.

The closer to the rapture we get the more we should desire to live for the Lord to the fullest. The more we should want to posses the spiritual qualities God wants us to have. It is time to lay aside petty sins and to live in righteousness and the truth of God’s Word.

It is time to choose God over worldly pleasures. To seek to live for God all the way, every day. A Sunday Christian will not survive the days to come. If we cannot stand for truth in front of our friends and coworkers how will be able to stand in truth when it is illegal?

I admit I am a wimp and I would prefer the rapture happen before there is any persecution. Yet our God will equip us for whatever battle we must go through. Fear not, my friends God will never abandon His children.

Betty

"(In The Valley) He Restoreth My Soul"

When I'm low in spirit I cry, Lord, lift me up

I want to go higher with Thee

But nothing grows high on a mountain

So He picked out a valley for me

And He leads me beside still waters

Somewhere in the valley below

And He draws me aside to be tested and tried

In the valley He restoreth my soul

It's dark as a dungeon and the sun seldom shines

And I question Lord why must this be

Then He tells me there's strength in my sorrow

And there's victory in trials for me

And He leads me beside still waters

Somewhere in the valley below

And He draws me aside to be tested and tried

In the valley He restoreth my soul

Down in the valley He restoreth my soul.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 22, 2022

Happy Saturday,

We Need Strength and Peace

“Promise #295:

I will give you My strength and bless you with My peace.

Psalm 29:11 (WEB)

Yahweh will give strength to his people.”

There are days when we are hit with issues before we can even get out of bed. Satan can attack us just as we wake up and it is tempting o stay in bed and cover our heads and cry: “where is God?”

The answer God is with us. He has not abandon us. Remember we often grow in the Lord through adversities. Of course going through adversity is never pleasant. Our reaction to adversity will either help us grow spiritually or make us fall back a few steps.

When we walk with God consistently our reaction is more likely to be prayer rather a response of anger. We choose how close we want to walk with God. Walking closely with God will cost you. The closer to God you get, the more petty sins in your life you will see, and have to choose to either to repent and ask God to remove the sins or to make excuses for your sins. It is back to whether we want to walk in righteousness and truth or snuggle up with our sins. We must choose wisely. We might say to ourselves, it is such a little sin, but remember Jesus said that it is the little foxes that spoil the vine.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 23, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Shine Brightly For God

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16 CSB)”

When we go out in the world, we do not always show our best side. Shopping can bring out our worse. Driving in heavy traffic can cause us to act in ways that are not Christian.

We do have to allow this to happen. We can pray before leaving the house. We can listen to praise and worship music in the car. In other words, we can prepare our minds and hearts for battle.

When we do mess up, seek forgiveness from God. It is not enough to vow to do better. We need to equip ourselves with the armor of God, before facing the world.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 26, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Praising God in All Circumstances

“Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
1 Corinthians 10:31

Everything is better when we praise God in the midst of it. We cannot praise our Heavenly Father too much. It is easy to take for granted all the wonderful things God does and provides for us.

We all have bad times. We get sick, tired, and sometimes even depressed, but when we praise God despite our situation, God will bless and lift us up.

Fear not the things in this world. God has already overcome the world.

Pray for the sick and lost souls. Pray that God will guide us. The more we communicate with God the closer our walk will be with Him.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 28, 2022

Happy Friday,

There are times when troubles come at us unexpectedly. When this happens we can go into panic mode. We do not have to fall to pieces. Instead, let us go directly to God first and fall into His arms.

Seek God everyday, in good times and bad. Trust in Him, in all circumstances. When we do this we will find joy even in stressful times.

Remind ourselves that the joy of the Lord is our strength.

Nehemiah 8:10

New King James Version

10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 29, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Walk In The Light

Daily Prayer for October 29
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness. Psalm 89:15–16, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, how lovingly you have thought of us! How much good you let us experience again and again! So our hearts are happy, and we go to rest this night full of joy and thanks because we are your children. Our thanks and joy shall be our service to you day and night. More than this you do not ask, and in this we will be faithful. We want to be joyful and to be glad for our lives. Even when we face dark hours, O Lord our God, we are filled with hope that brings us joy for the future as well as for the present, with assurance that your salvation is coming. We rejoice in what you give us already today. “Amen.

As God’s children, we have been given the Holy Word of God so that we can walk in the light.

Psalm 119:105

King James Version

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Unfortunately, some choose to walk in darkness. Not wanting the light of truth to shine on their sins so that they can be convicted and repent. I have heard since I was a kid to let your conscience be your guide, but over time a person's conscience can become seared and no longer able to convict us of sins.

We must choose to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. We must walk according to the Word of God. Contrary to many, God has not changed His mind on sin. When we seek to walk in righteousness and truth, we can learn to be content in our circumstances.

Rejoice in the Lord, daily. Talk to Him throughout the day. Praise Him in all circumstances. When we do this we can learn to be content. Pray for one another.

Betty

Titus 2:13

King James Version

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 30, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Christ Must Be Our Foundation

Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock.
Matthew 7:24-25

Salvation comes through the blood of Jesus. We cannot enter Heaven any other way than through Jesus. Being a good person will not get us a ticket to Heaven.

When our foundation is built on Jesus, we can withstand the rain and winds. The closer we walk with God the stronger our foundation becomes. When we go through the fire, we either break or grow stronger. We choose either to run from God or to run to God when things get bad. When we run to God, He will give us the strength to not only survive the storm but to grow in grace and righteousness.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 31, 2022

Happy Monday,

Running A Race

“Promise #304:

I promise a crown of life to all who love Me despite their trials.

James 1:12 (WEB)

Blessed is the man who endures temptation, for when he has been approved,

he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.”

As Paul says, the prize goes to the winner. In the spiritual race, there are millions of winners. People who stay true to God to the end. We must not allow the world to sidetrack us from our mission. We do not want to get to Heaven by the skin of our teeth. We want to enter Heaven as overcomers.

We do not want to enter Heaven ashamed because we allowed doubts and fears to overcome us. If we take our eyes off of God there is a lot to fear, in this world. We do not have to take our eyes off God. We can choose to live for God and honor Him to the very end.

We must obey God in a world where many Scriptures are unpopular with the masses. Our goal should not be to achieve popularity in this world. Our goal is to live to please Jesus. We must choose to God above all else.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 1, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Learning To Be Content

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.”

Shall not implies a choice. God does provide our needs, but we must learn to be content with what we have. This time of year begins many commercials trying to convince us we will be happier with the latest new thing.

New kitchen gadgets, cookware, electronics, and of course a new car. One commercial after another implies that happiness comes in stuff. While there is convince in many items, we can soon have kitchen counters overrun with so numerous kitchen gadgets. A new car is great until we have to make the first payment.

Learning to be content is a blessing. When we are content, often God supplies things that we want. God is a generous God. Remember our biggest need is peace of mind and contentment.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 2, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Be Heavenly Minded

Daily Prayer for November 2
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:1–2, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you for sending into our lives so much that turns our thoughts to things above and enables us always to look to you. Through Jesus Christ send us what is of heaven. Send what is of heaven into every single life and into the lives of the nations, so that something good may arise and the glory does not go to the Devil but to your Spirit, your heavenly Spirit alone. In their stubbornness people intend to do evil, but you can turn it all to the good. You can change everything. This is our faith. We hope in you, and we want to put our lives in your hands. Bless us with heavenly riches and power. “Amen

The things of this world can so overwhelm us that we lose sight of Heaven.

Forgetting that this life is fleeting and Heaven is eternal, we can become focused on acquiring things of this earth, rather than storing up eternal rewards.

The Heavenly Father knows that we have earthly needs and if we trust in Him, He will provide them. It is possible to take care of our families and still be Heavenly minded. It is a manner of having our priorities straight. The first step is to seek God’s will in all things. The second is to have a heart of worship. Praising and worshipping God throughout the day.

Rejoice in the good things that God provides for us each day and seek to live Godly lives. Trust Him to provide the needs of this life and eternity of joy in our future.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 3, 2022

Happy Thursday,

A World Of Many Voices

My sheep listen to my voice. John 10:27

Many voices are speaking out in this world. Many things are spoken are not of God. We must use discernment of what voices we are going to take to heart. Some voices speak falsehoods. Some voices speak discouragement. One voice we can always trust is the voice of God.

How do we know that the voice we hear is God’s voice? We study the Bible so that we can know the heart of God. If the voice we hear speaks things that are contrary to the Word of God, then the voice is not God. God is not going to tell us to sin.

While the Holy Spirit will convict us of sin, He is not going to speak doubts and fears into our minds. When voices not of God seek to tempt us to sin, we cry out to God for strength to resist temptation. When we are depressed and discouraged, we go to God’s Holy Word and read Scriptures of encouragement. We can find our needs met when we seek the face of God and ask Him for help.

Betty

Jeremiah 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

Psalm 91:15-16

New King James Version

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With [a]long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 4, 2022

Happy Friday,

God knows Us

Promise #308:

“I know everything about you and am mindful of all your ways.

Psalm 139:1-3 (WEB)

1 Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me.

2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.”

Today is one of those brain fog days for me. I thought it was Saturday. I thought my niece was talking to me from my echo machine. Days like this could be scary for me, but there are not because God gives me peace.

Even on days of confusion, I know that God knows me. I need not fear what is happening to my brain for I can put complete trust in God. When we give everything to God, fear will flee.

All of us have things in our lives that can make us fear. We need not fear the future. Whatever happens, God will be with us. We must make the effort to trust God.

Betty

Isaiah 26:3

New King James Version

3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 5, 2022

Happy Saturday,

He Is Watching Over Us

Daily Prayer for November 5
“The eyes of the Lord are on those who love him, a mighty shield and strong support, a shelter from scorching wind and a shade from noonday sun, a guard against stumbling and a help against falling. Ecclesiasticus 34:19, NRSV
Lord God Almighty, whose eyes keep watch over the whole world, we come before you with the evil from our surroundings still clinging to us. Grant that our lives may be in your hands. Give us your strength to find the way, even through suffering and distress. For we are yours, O Lord our God, and you have chosen your people to be strong and to be freed from all evils. Help us, we beseech you. May we know that you are with us and may your Word bring us blessing, to the glory of your name forever. “Amen

I woke myself, crying in my dream. It is harder nowadays for me to shake off dreams so I laid in bed trying to collect my thoughts. In today's world, we see things that can shake us up. We can become overly disturbed by the evil happening in this world.

When we are overcome with despair over things happening around us, go to God. He told us that lawlessness would increase in the last days. We were told this not to scare us but to be aware of the days that we are living in.

Things will get worse but remind ourselves as evil abounds, it means we are closer than ever to the rapture. Take our fears to God and seek His comfort.

Betty

Luke 21:28

New King James Version

28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 6, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

“Dwell In Your Hearts

Ephesians 3:17

“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,”

God wants to have a personal relationship with us. Can we even be saved without a personal relationship with God? I honestly do not think so. It is also wrong for us to get saved as a baby Christians and never grow up. We are still saved but we cheat ourselves and God by this.

2 Peter 3:18

New King James Version

18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

When we grow in Grace and knowledge we strengthen our relationship with God. We become spiritually stronger. Our joy in the Lord increases and we are more able to withstand temptations.

We must make room in our lives for God, for our relationship to grow. The more we talk to God and meditate on His Word, the more we grow. In hard times we need a living working relationship with God.

. • “Thank Him for what He is doing in you - Live a life of praise and thanksgiving. Choosing to go deeper with God will pay off in the end. Thanksgiving brings joy and contentment.

• Refuse to listen to the devil- Just as those shallow trees fell in the hurricane, God does not want you to be shallow so that you fall in the end times. He wants to strengthen you now. Listen to God when He is calling you deeper, and accept His invitation.
  • Be patient and don’t complain - Watch your speech and guard it carefully. Be one who speaks positive words that bring joy and faith to others.
  • Be content with where you are- Thank Him for the depth He is developing in your life through your present circumstances. Let Him work intricately with your life.
  • Cultivate holy aloneness with God on a daily basis- Plan it in your schedule. Sacrifice in order to give God your time. Make Jesus central in all that you do.”(1)

(1) https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/going-deeper-in-intimacy-with-god.html

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 7, 2022

Happy Monday,

He Will Not Forsake You

Daily Prayer for November 7
“Has the Lord ever abandoned anyone who held him in constant reverence? Has the Lord ever ignored anyone who prayed to him? The Lord is kind and merciful; he forgives our sins and keeps us safe in time of trouble. Ecclesiasticus 2:10–11, TEV
Dear Father in heaven, Mighty God in heaven and on earth, quicken us by the Word you have sent and by all you have done for us in your mercy and steadfast love. Keep us eager and joyful even in difficult and troubled days. Grant us unfailing trust in you, to give us firm ground under our feet so that we can always thank and glorify you. For you, O Lord, are our God. You are our Father, and you will never forsake your children in all eternity. Amen.”

This is the third Christmas without Jeff. This year is harder for his wife and us. I believe the last two years we have been in a cocoon of shock, but now reality is stepping in. A reality that is cold and hard and painful.

There are two ways to respond to this. One is to grow hard and bitter. The other is to draw closer to God. Bitterness eats at a person and can make you sick. Drawing close to God will bring peace.

This does not mean we will not have bad days. Some days, it tears me up, just to look at his picture. There are still times when I question why God allowed my son to die. Yet, I always find comfort in praying and praising God.

My friends we all have trials and troubles. Seek God first and not last when you feel overwhelmed. There will come a day when all death and sickness will be gone forever. The pain and suffering we have now will be forgotten. Until that day, seek the Lord every day for help and comfort.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 8, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

The Holy Spirit Helps Us

Romans 8:26-27

New King James Version

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

When Jesus ascended into Heaven, He sent the Holy Spirit to help us. He helps us in many ways. He guides us, convicts us of our sins, and even prays for us.

There are times when we do not know what to pray for. When this happens, the Bible says that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us. Communicating to God what we need.

When Jeff died, many times my prayers were just begging God to help me. It is good to know that the Holy Spirit communicated my precise needs to God. God provides our needs even to the point of having the Holy Spirit express our needs when we are unable to.

We serve a marvelous God who cares about our smallest needs to our greatest needs. We can trust God in every aspect of our lives. The more we love and trust God, the less fear we will have.

1 John 4:18

New King James Version

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

When satan tempts us to fear, cry out to God and seek His peace. If we ask, He will provide.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 9, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Every married person has wakened to a mate who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In their state, nothing you do or say can please them. This situation can either make you mad too or you can go to God and seek His help.

We are living in stressful times and it does not take much to set people off. We see road rage on the roads and angry people in stores. The best thing we can do is say a silent prayer for them. God will answer our prayers. Praying for one another is a blessing for us and the person we are praying for.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 10, 2022

Happy Thursday,

“Meditate On These Things”

Philippians 4:8-9

New King James Version

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things arelovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

We indeed need to be aware of what is happening in the world today, but we must not become so focused on the evil around us that we sink into despair. Paul cautions us to meditate on good things.

Meditate on God’s Word and the works of God. Remind ourselves that even in an evil world, God is still doing marvelous works. God has not lost His power and the victory is His.

We need not live in fear but trust in our Heavenly Father. Our future is in Heaven. We may suffer a little while, but it will be worth it all when we enter the gates of Heaven.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 11, 2022

Happy Friday,

This last election showed how important abortion is to voters. This broke my heart. It is hard for me to fathom how the killing of babies is the most important ‘right’ to so many people. More important than the economy, immigration, and crime.

As much as it pains me I know it pains God, more. Every baby is loved by God and it must break His heart to see people become unhinged at their fear of having their right to terminate a pregnancy taken away.

We must remind ourselves that God warned us of these days and the lawlessness that is growing. Fear, not the future, for God, is and will be with us.

This world is not going to get better. The Bible said it will get worse, but soon we will be leaving this world and the world will come under judgment by God. Hold on to your faith in God. Keep looking up for your redemption is coming soon.

Betty