• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Looking for Paul

132)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

1 Timothy Chapter 1

- Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephesus when I was about to go to Macedonia, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith.

- Keep away from different doctrines and false stories and genealogies! - But then we need to speak and exchange and study to find what’s right or wrong! - And always check it! - No speculations but real matter! - We need to extract it especially when it is hidden because of corruption!

133)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Titus Chapter 1

- Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ according to the faith of God’s chosen ones and the accurate knowledge of the truth that is according to godly devotion

- A slave of God! - Accurate knowledge! - Godly devotion! - A slave of God implies action, not sleeping! - Accurate knowledge implicates erroneous knowledge! - And the only way to get it is by hard work and exchange and study and making mistakes! - Godly devotion is not tourism! - It means love, loyalty or enthusiasm for a person or activity! - We need to roll up our sleeves!

134)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Hebrews Chapter 1

- Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.

- Yes, God appointed Jesus heir of all things and through whom he made the systems of things!

- He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact representation of his very being, and he sustains all things by the word of his power. And after he had made a purification for our sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs.

- Yes, Jesus is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact representation of his very being! - Yes, he sat down at the right hand of God! - Yes, he has inherited a name more excellent than angels’! - Yes, he chose Paul for a special mission! - Yes, we can have a share in this same mission!

- Romans Chapter 1:

God / Jesus Christ / faith / sacred service / Paul wants to see his brothers to encourage them

-1 Corinthians Chapter 1:

God / undeserved kindness of God / Christ Jesus / full ability to speak and in full knowledge / the witness about the Christ /

- Galatians Chapter 1:

turning away from the One who called you : Christ's undeserved kindness / distorting the the good news about the Christ

- Ephesians Chapter 1:

the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory / may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation / accurate knowledge of him

- Philippians Chapter 1:

I thank my God / the contribution you have made to the good news from the first day until this moment

- Colossians Chapter 1:

message of truth of the good news / the good news is bearing fruit and increasing in all the world / accurately knew the undeserved kindness of God in truth

- Thessalonians Chapter 1:

brothers loved by God / the good news we preach

- Timothy Chapter 1:

not to teach different doctrine / not to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies / speculations

- Titus Chapter 1:

Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ / according to the faith of God's chosen ones and the accurate knowledge of the truth / according to godly devotion

- Hebrews Chapter 1:

A Son whom he appointed heir of all things / and through whom he made the systems of things / he is the reflection of God's glory and the exact representation of his very being / he had made a purification for our sins / he sat down at the right hand of the majesty on high / he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs

- Paul was always ready to encourage his brothers!

- Faith is connected to sacred service!

- No sacred service, no faith!

- Faith grows through sacred service!

- There is a necessity to get a full ability and a full knowledge about Christ!

- But Paul warned his brothers that corruption was spreading at the time!

- So think about now!

- We must acquire wisdom and accurate knowledge!

- We must bear fruit!

- We must be careful of corruption!

- If we don't pay attention to corruption, we are good to nothing!

- Then our faith is good to nothing!

• Now we have an interesting point to think about in Hebrews 1:2:

But in
ἐπ’ (ep’)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

these
τούτων (toutōn)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Genitive Feminine Plural
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

last
ἐσχάτου (eschatou)
Adjective - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 2078: Last, at the last, finally, till the end. A superlative probably from echo; farthest, final.

days
ἡμερῶν (hēmerōn)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Plural
Strong's 2250: A day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

He has spoken
ἐλάλησεν (elalēsen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2980: A prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; to talk, i.e. Utter words.

to us
ἡμῖν (hēmin)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

by
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

[His] Son,
Υἱῷ (Huiō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.

whom
ὃν (hon)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

He appointed
ἔθηκεν (ethēken)
Strong's 5087: To put, place, lay, set, fix, establish. A prolonged form of a primary theo to place.

heir
κληρονόμον (klēronomon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2818: From kleros and the base of nomos (reflexively) getting by apportionment); a sharer by lot, i.e. Inheritor; by implication, a possessor.

of all things,
πάντων (pantōn)
Adjective - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

through
δι’ (di’)
Preposition
Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

whom
οὗ (hou)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Singular

He made
ἐποίησεν (epoiēsen)
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

the
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

universe.
αἰῶνας (aiōnas)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

• Here it is said that God appointed (put, place, lay, set, fix, establish) his Son Jesus heir (a sharer by lot, i.e. Inheritor; by implication, a possessor) of all things and through whom he made the universe.
  • Thus God and his Son made the universe together!

135)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?
Romans Chapter 1

- But I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that many times I have intended to come to you—but I have been prevented until now—in order that I might acquire some fruitage also among you just as among the rest of the nations. Both to Greeks and to foreigners, both to wise and to senseless ones, I am a debtor; so I am eager to declare the good news also to you there in Rome.

- Paul expresses his commitment to his mission regarding God’s word and Jesus! - For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way, because what may be known about God is clearly evident among them, for God made it clear to them. For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable. - have you noticed! - Men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way! - And it was true when the apostles were still alive! - So think about how they will be dead! - And think about our modern times! - So much corruption and distortion!

136)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

1 Corinthians Chapter 1

- He will also make you firm to the end so that you may be open to no accusation on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

- We must be ready for the coming back of Jesus! - In fact, we must always be ready! - A condition of the heart and mind! - And not wait for the last moment! - It is common among men! - But it is against God’s will! - The one who wants to take the last train will miss it!

137)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Galatians Chapter 1

- However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.
- Paul insists on one fact: the disciples must reject anything which is different from the teaching they received from Paul! - Those who corrupt God’s word will be accursed! - And so many did the contrary! - That’s why God’s word is so corrupted because of man’s word!

138)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Ephesians Chapter 1

- It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his strength, which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come. He also subjected all things under his feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills up all things in all.

- Paul tells us about Jesus! - He sits at God’s right hand! - He is above every government and authority and power and lordship! - He is second after God! - Everything is under his feet!

139)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Philippians Chapter 1

- It is only right for me to think this regarding all of you, since I have you in my heart, you who share with me in the undeserved kindness both in my prison bonds and in the defending and legally establishing of the good news. - Defending and legally establishing the good news! - It was Paul's main goal! - It should also be the same for us! - There is no room for tourism! - But spiritually strong men, not babies!

140)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Colossians Chapter 1

- That is also why from the day we heard of it, we have never stopped praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, so as to walk worthily of God in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God; and may you be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may endure fully with patience and joy, as you thank the Father, who made you qualify to share in the inheritance of the holy ones in the light.

- Yes, we need to be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension! - We must never be satisfied with what we know! - We must always want more! - We must walk worthy of God! - We must bear fruit in every good work! - We must be worthy of it!

141)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Thessalonians Chapter 1

- And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, seeing that you accepted the word under much tribulation with joy of holy spirit, so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.

- We must become imitators Of God and Jesus! - We must become an example to all the believers! - We can’t only think about ourselves! - We must speak and tell people!

142)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

1 Timothy Chapter 1

- Really, the objective of this instruction is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy. By deviating from these things, some have been turned aside to meaningless talk.

- Love! - A clean heart! - A good conscience! - No Hypocrisy! - No deviation! - No meaningless talk but constructive one!

143)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?
Titus Chapter 1
- I left you in Crete so that you would correct the things that were defective and make appointments of elders in city after city, as I instructed you: if there is any man free from accusation, a husband of one wife, having believing children who are not accused of debauchery or rebelliousness. For as God’s steward, an overseer must be free from accusation, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not a drunkard, not violent, not greedy of dishonest gain, but hospitable, a lover of goodness, sound in mind, righteous, loyal, self-controlled, holding firmly to the faithful word as respects his art of teaching, so that he may be able both to encourage by the teaching that is wholesome and to reprove those who contradict.

- it is important to correct the things that are defective! - No accusation! - No debauchery! - No rebelliousness! - No quick-tempered! - No drunkard! - No violence! - No greed of dishonest gain! - Hospitable! - Lover of goodness! - Sound in mind! - Righteous! - Loyal! - Loyal! - Self-controlled! - Holding firmly to the faithful word! - A lot to think about and to work about! - Good luck!

144)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Hebrews Chapter 1

- But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.” - Jesus is the firstborn meaning there are others! - God’s angels do obeisance to Jesus! - There should be no discussion possible! - But there are! - CORRUPTION AND CORRUPTION!

• Romans Chapter 1

- many times I have intended to come to you - acquire some fruitage - declare the good news

• 1 Corinthians Chapter 1

- make you firm to the end - open to no accusation on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Galatians Chapter 1

-Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.

• Ephesians Chapter 1

- he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come. He also subjected all things under his feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation

• Philippians Chapter 1

- the defending and legally establishing of the good news.

• Colossians Chapter 1

- be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, so as to walk worthily of God in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God

• Thessalonians Chapter 1

- an example to all the believers

1 Timothy Chapter 1

- the objective of this instruction is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy. By deviating from these things, some have been turned aside to meaningless talk.

• Titus Chapter 1

- correct the things that were defective - make appointments of elders - free from accusation, a husband of one wife, having believing children who are not accused of debauchery or rebelliousness. For as God’s steward, an overseer must be free from accusation, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not a drunkard, not violent, not greedy of dishonest gain, but hospitable, a lover of goodness, sound in mind, righteous, loyal, self-controlled, holding firmly to the faithful word as respects his art of teaching, so that he may be able both to encourage by the teaching that is wholesome and to reprove those who contradict.

Hebrews Chapter 1

- when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

• Paul always tells us how important it is to bear fruit in declaring the good news of God’s kingdom and defend it!
  • But according to god’s word and not man’s tradition which leads to corruption!
  • We must be ready to stay firm till the end!
  • And for this we need to be filled with accurate knowledge and wisdom and spiritual comprehension!
  • And walk according to God’s will to please him which means bearing fruit!
  • Then we will be examples for others!
  • Through the instruction we can get love out of a clean heart and good conscience and faith!
  • There is no way for deviation!
  • What is defective must be corrected!
  • And we must look for the good qualities given in Titus:
  • free from accusation / a husband of one wife / having believing children who are not accused of debauchery or rebelliousness (it implies educating them according to god’s way) / not self-willed / not quick-tempered / not a drunkard / not violent / not greedy of dishonest gain / hospitable / a lover of goodness / sound in mind / righteous / loyal / self-controlled / holding firmly to the faithful word !
  • Really different from what this world shows and offers!
  • I should say completely opposed!

• Then we get two interesting points here!
  • The first one is in Ephesians 1:20-22

which
ἣν (hēn)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Feminine Singular

He exerted
ἐνήργηκεν (enērgēken)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1754: From energes; to be active, efficient.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

Christ
Χριστῷ (Christō)
Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

when He raised
ἐγείρας (egeiras)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1453: (a) I wake, arouse, (b) I raise up. Probably akin to the base of agora; to waken, i.e. Rouse.

Him
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

[the] dead
νεκρῶν (nekrōn)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

seated [Him]
καθίσας (kathisas)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

at
ἐν (en)
Preposition

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

right hand
δεξιᾷ (dexia)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1188: On the right hand, right hand, right. From dechomai; the right side or hand.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

the
τοῖς (tois)
Article - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

heavenly realms,
ἐπουρανίοις (epouraniois)
Adjective - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2032: From epi and ouranos; above the sky.

• God raised Jesus from the dead!
  • And he seated him at his right hand!

• Ephesians 1:21

far above
ὑπεράνω (hyperanō)
Preposition
Strong's 5231: Far above. From huper and ano; above upward, i.e. Greatly higher.

all
πάσης (pasēs)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

rule
ἀρχῆς (archēs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 746: From archomai; a commencement, or chief.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

authority,
ἐξουσίας (exousias)
Strong's 1849: From exesti; privilege, i.e. force, capacity, competency, freedom, or mastery, delegated influence.

power
δυνάμεως (dynameōs)
Strong's 1411: From dunamai; force; specially, miraculous power.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

dominion,
κυριότητος (kyriotētos)
Strong's 2963: From kurios; mastery, i.e. rulers.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

every
παντὸς (pantos)
Adjective - Genitive Neuter Singular

name
ὀνόματος (onomatos)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

that is named,
ὀνομαζομένου (onomazomenou)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 3687: From onoma; to name, i.e. Assign an appellation; by extension, to utter, mention, profess.

not
οὐ (ou)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

only
μόνον (monon)
Adverb
Strong's 3440: Alone, but, only. Neuter of monos as adverb; merely.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

this
τούτῳ (toutō)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

age,
αἰῶνι (aiōni)
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

but
ἀλλὰ (alla)
Conjunction
Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

also
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

the [one]
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Masculine Singular

to come.
μέλλοντι (mellonti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3195: A strengthened form of melo; to intend, i.e. Be about to be, do, or suffer
Something.

• God made his Son number 2 forever!
  • By demonstrating his faith in God and offering his life for us according to God’s justice, Jesus won his seat forever!

Back