• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Looking for Paul

Galatians 1:19

But
δὲ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

I saw
εἶδον (eidon)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

none
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

of the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

other
ἕτερον (heteron)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2087: (a) of two: another, a second, (b) other, different, (c) one's neighbor. Of uncertain affinity; other or different.

apostles
ἀποστόλων (apostolōn)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 652: From apostello; a delegate; specially, an ambassador of the Gospel; officially a commissioner of Christ.

except
εἰ (ei)
Conjunction
Strong's 1487: If. A primary particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.

James,
Ἰάκωβον (Iakōbon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2385: The same as Iakob Graecized; Jacobus, the name of three Israelites.

the
τὸν (ton)
Article - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Lord’s
Κυρίου (Kyriou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

brother.
ἀδελφὸν (adelphon)
Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.

Galatians 1:20

I assure you
ἰδοὺ (idou)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2400: See! Lo! Behold! Look! Second person singular imperative middle voice of eido; used as imperative lo!

before
ἐνώπιον (enōpion)
Preposition
Strong's 1799: Neuter of a compound of en and a derivative of optanomai; in the face of.

God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

what
ἃ (ha)
Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

I am writing
γράφω (graphō)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.

to you
ὑμῖν (hymin)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

is no lie.
ψεύδομαι (pseudomai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 5574: To deceive, lie, speak falsely. Middle voice of an apparently primary verb; to utter an untruth or attempt to deceive by falsehood.

Galatians 1:21

Later
Ἔπειτα (Epeita)
Adverb
Strong's 1899: Then, thereafter, afterwards. From epi and eita; thereafter.

I went
ἦλθον (ēlthon)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

to
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

regions
κλίματα (klimata)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2824: A small geographical division, district, or territory. From klino; a slope, i.e. a 'clime' or tract of country.

of Syria
Συρίας (Syrias)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 4947: Syria, a great Roman imperial province, united with Cilicia. Probably of Hebrew origin; Syria, a region of Asia.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

Cilicia.
Κιλικίας (Kilikias)
Strong's 2791: Probably of foreign origin; Cilicia, a region of Asia Minor.

Galatians 1:22

I was
ἤμην (ēmēn)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Middle - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

personally
προσώπῳ (prosōpō)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4383: From pros and ops; the front, i.e. The countenance, aspect, appearance, surface; by implication, presence, person.

unknown,
ἀγνοούμενος (agnooumenos)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 50: To do not know, be ignorant of, sometimes with the idea of willful ignorance.

however,
δὲ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

to the
ταῖς (tais)
Article - Dative Feminine Plural

churches
ἐκκλησίαις (ekklēsiais)
Noun - Dative Feminine Plural
Strong's 1577: From a compound of ek and a derivative of kaleo; a calling out, i.e. a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation.

of Judea
Ἰουδαίας (Ioudaias)
Strong's 2449: Judea, a Roman province, capital Jerusalem. Feminine of Ioudaios; the Judaean land, a region of Palestine.

that [are]
ταῖς (tais)
Article - Dative Feminine Plural

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

Christ.
Χριστῷ (Christō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

Galatians 1:23

They
ἦσαν (ēsan)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

only
μόνον (monon)
Adverb
Strong's 3440: Alone, but, only. Neuter of monos as adverb; merely.

heard
ἀκούοντες (akouontes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary verb; to hear.

the account:
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

“The [man who]
Ὁ (Ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

formerly
ποτε (pote)
Particle
Strong's 4218: At one time or other, at some time, formerly. From the base of pou and te; indefinite adverb, at some time, ever.

persecuted
διώκων (diōkōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1377: To pursue, hence: I persecute. A prolonged form of a primary verb dio; to pursue; by implication, to persecute.

us
ἡμᾶς (hēmas)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

{is} now
νῦν (nyn)
Adverb
Strong's 3568: A primary particle of present time; 'now'; also as noun or adjective present or immediate.

preaching
εὐαγγελίζεται (euangelizetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2097: From eu and aggelos; to announce good news especially the gospel.

the
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular

faith
πίστιν (pistin)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4102: Faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.

{he} once
ποτε (pote)
Particle
Strong's 4218: At one time or other, at some time, formerly. From the base of pou and te; indefinite adverb, at some time, ever.

tried to destroy.”
ἐπόρθει (eporthei)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4199: To lay waste, destroy, ravage, harass. Prolongation from pertho; to ravage.

Galatians 1:24

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

they glorified
ἐδόξαζον (edoxazon)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 1392: To glorify, honor, bestow glory on. From doxa; to render glorious.

God
Θεόν (Theon)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

because of
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

me.
ἐμοὶ (emoi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

- On the one hand, there are trainees who haven't finished their trainings!
- They have never been coaches, Jesus was their coach!
- Now time has come for them to become coaches!
- They have never lead their own missions!
- Jesus was always there!
- Now it is time to take the lead!
- There are also a group of trainees!
- They must organize their actions between themselves!
- They must also free themselves from human tradition!

- On the second hand, Paul has been a trainee for all his life!
- He has been on a mission for some time, chasing Jesus' disciples to put them into prison!
- He is a leading character in judaism!
- He is extremely zealous!
- There was no competition!
- He was the only head!
- He was only guided by Jesus!
- He was not influenced by the other apostles!
- He cut straight away with human tradition!
- And he went straight away!
- After his vision, he went to Arabia!
- There he could assimilate his conversion and all its implications!
- He spent three years!
- He did his mission by himself away from the apostles!
- They didn't know him in Jerusalem!
- He only mixed with the apostles fourteen years later when he went to Jerusalem with Barnabas and Titus!
- And he met privately with the apostles!
- Because Yah.weh told him to do so!
- Then he could check he was doing well his mission!

Back