• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Looking for Paul

JLG

restricted access
1) - Acts one

- After his death Jesus appeared many times to the disciples for a period of 40 days!

- And he kept speaking about the Kingdom of God!

- And he told them to stay in Jerusalem to be baptized with holy spirit!

- And they would spread the good news of the Kingdom all around the world!

- When he was telling them these things he was lifted up and he disappeared in a cloud!

- Then two men in white appeared to them and told them that they would see Jesus appearing as he left them!

- And the apostles were together with disciples for a total of 120 people!

- And Peter spoke in front on all saying that it was necessary for the scripture to be fulfilled!

- They had to choose a disciple who had been with Jesus and the apostles from the beginning to replace Judas!

- And Matthias was chosen!

Matthias

Advanced Poster
After his death?

Yes, but more precisely, after his resurrection to life Jesus appeared many times to the disciples …

JLG

restricted access
After his death?

Yes, but more precisely, after his resurrection to life Jesus appeared many times to the disciples …
Mark 8:31

Then
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

He began
ἤρξατο (ērxato)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 756: To begin. Middle voice of archo; to commence.

to teach
διδάσκειν (didaskein)
Verb - Present Infinitive Active
Strong's 1321: To teach, direct, admonish. A prolonged form of a primary verb dao; to teach.

them
αὐτοὺς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

the
τὸν (ton)
Article - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Son
Υἱὸν (Huion)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.

of Man
ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

must
δεῖ (dei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1163: Third person singular active present of deo; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is Necessary.

suffer
παθεῖν (pathein)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 3958: I am acted upon in a certain way, either good or bad; I experience ill treatment, suffer.

many things
πολλὰ (polla)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 4183: Much, many; often.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

be rejected
ἀποδοκιμασθῆναι (apodokimasthēnai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Passive
Strong's 593: To reject after testing (examination), disqualify. From apo and dokimazo; to disapprove, i.e. to repudiate.

by
ὑπὸ (hypo)
Preposition
Strong's 5259: A primary preposition; under, i.e. of place, or with verbs; of place (underneath) or where (below) or time (when).

the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

elders,
πρεσβυτέρων (presbyterōn)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 4245: Comparative of presbus; older; as noun, a senior; specially, an Israelite Sanhedrist or Christian 'presbyter'.

chief priests,
ἀρχιερέων (archiereōn)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 749: High priest, chief priest. From arche and hiereus; the high-priest; by extension a chief priest.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

scribes,
γραμματέων (grammateōn)
Strong's 1122: From gramma. A writer, i.e. scribe or secretary.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[that] He must be killed
ἀποκτανθῆναι (apoktanthēnai)
Strong's 615: To put to death, kill; fig: I abolish. From apo and kteino; to kill outright; figuratively, to destroy.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

after
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

three
τρεῖς (treis)
Adjective - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's 5140: Three. Or neuter tria a primary number; 'three'.

days
ἡμέρας (hēmeras)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Plural
Strong's 2250: A day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

rise [again].
ἀναστῆναι (anastēnai)
Strong's 450: To raise up, set up; I rise from among (the) dead; I arise, appear. From ana and histemi; to stand up.

JLG

restricted access
Mark 8:32

He spoke
ἐλάλει (elalei)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2980: A prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; to talk, i.e. Utter words.

[this]
τὸν (ton)

Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

quite frankly,
παρρησίᾳ (parrēsia)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3954: From pas and a derivative of rheo; all out-spokenness, i.e. Frankness, bluntness, publicity; by implication, assurance.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

Peter
Πέτρος (Petros)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4074: Peter, a Greek name meaning rock. Apparently a primary word; a rock; as a name, Petrus, an apostle.

took Him aside
προσλαβόμενος (proslabomenos)
Verb - Aorist Participle Middle - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4355: (a) I take to myself, (b) I take aside, (c) I welcome. From pros and lambano; to take to oneself, i.e. Use, lead, admit.

[and] began
ἤρξατο (ērxato)

to rebuke
ἐπιτιμᾶν (epitiman)
Strong's 2008: From epi and timao; to tax upon, i.e. Censure or admonish; by implication, forbid.

Him.
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

JLG

restricted access
Mark 8:33

Turning
ἐπιστραφεὶς (epistrapheis)
Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 1994: From epi and strepho; to revert.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

looking at
ἰδὼν (idōn)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular

disciples,
μαθητὰς (mathētas)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3101: A learner, disciple, pupil. From manthano; a learner, i.e. Pupil.

[Jesus] rebuked
ἐπετίμησεν (epetimēsen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2008: From epi and timao; to tax upon, i.e. Censure or admonish; by implication, forbid.

Peter
Πέτρῳ (Petrō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4074: Peter, a Greek name meaning rock. Apparently a primary word; a rock; as a name, Petrus, an apostle.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

said,
λέγει (legei)
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

“Get
Ὕπαγε (Hypage)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 5217: To go away, depart, begone, die. From hupo and ago; to lead under, i.e. Withdraw or retire, literally or figuratively.

behind
ὀπίσω (opisō)
Preposition
Strong's 3694: Behind, after; back, backwards. From the same as opisthen with enclitic of direction; to the back, i.e. Aback.

Me,
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

Satan!
Σατανᾶ (Satana)
Noun - Vocative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4567: An adversary, Satan. Of Chaldee origin corresponding to ma'bad; the accuser, i.e. The devil.

For
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

you do not have in mind
φρονεῖς (phroneis)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 5426: (a) I think, (b) I think, judge, (c) I direct the mind to, seek for, (d) I observe, (e) I care for.

the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

things
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular

of God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

but
ἀλλὰ (alla)
Conjunction
Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

the
τὰ (ta)

things
τῶν (tōn)

of men.�
ἀνθρώπων (anthrōpōn)
Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

JLG

restricted access
Mark 9:31

because
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

He was teaching
ἐδίδασκεν (edidasken)
Strong's 1321: To teach, direct, admonish. A prolonged form of a primary verb dao; to teach.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

disciples.
μαθητὰς (mathētas)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3101: A learner, disciple, pupil. From manthano; a learner, i.e. Pupil.

He told
ἔλεγεν (elegen)
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

them,
αὐτοῖς (autois)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

“The
Ὁ (Ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

Son
Υἱὸς (Huios)
Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.

of Man
ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou)

will be delivered
παραδίδοται (paradidotai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3860: From para and didomi; to surrender, i.e yield up, intrust, transmit.

into
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

[the] hands
χεῖρας (cheiras)
Strong's 5495: A hand.

of men.
ἀνθρώπων (anthrōpōn)

They will kill
ἀποκτενοῦσιν (apoktenousin)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 615: To put to death, kill; fig: I abolish. From apo and kteino; to kill outright; figuratively, to destroy.

Him,
αὐτόν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

after
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

three
τρεῖς (treis)

days
ἡμέρας (hēmeras)

He will rise.”
ἀναστήσεται (anastēsetai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 450: To raise up, set up; I rise from among (the) dead; I arise, appear. From ana and histemi; to stand up.

JLG

restricted access
Mark 9:32

But
δὲ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

they did not understand
ἠγνόουν (ēgnooun)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 50: To do not know, be ignorant of, sometimes with the idea of willful ignorance.

this
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

statement,
ῥῆμα (rhēma)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4487: From rheo; an utterance, ; by implication, a matter or topic; with a negative naught whatever.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

they were afraid
ἐφοβοῦντο (ephobounto)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 5399: From phobos; to frighten, i.e. to be alarmed; by analogy, to be in awe of, i.e. Revere.

to ask
ἐπερωτῆσαι (eperōtēsai)
Strong's 1905: To interrogate, question, demand of. From epi and erotao; to ask for, i.e. Inquire, seek.

Him.
αὐτὸν (auton)

JLG

restricted access
Mark 10:32

[As]
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

they were
Ἦσαν (Ēsan)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

going up
ἀναβαίνοντες (anabainontes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 305: To go up, mount, ascend; of things: I rise, spring up, come up. From ana and the base of basis; to go up.

the
τῇ (tē)
Article - Dative Feminine Singular

road
ὁδῷ (hodō)
Strong's 3598: A way, road, journey, path. Apparently a primary word; a road; by implication, a progress; figuratively, a mode or means.

to
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

Jerusalem,
Ἱεροσόλυμα (Hierosolyma)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2414: The Greek form of the Hebrew name: Jerusalem. Of Hebrew origin; Hierosolyma

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

was
ἦν (ēn)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

walking ahead of
προάγων (proagōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4254: From pro and ago; to lead forward; intransitively, to precede (participle, previous).

them.
αὐτοὺς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

[The disciples] were filled with awe,
ἐθαμβοῦντο (ethambounto)
Strong's 2284: I amaze; pass: I am amazed (almost terrified). From thambos; to stupefy, i.e. Astound.

but
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

those who
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

followed
ἀκολουθοῦντες (akolouthountes)
Strong's 190: To accompany, attend, follow. Properly, to be in the same way with, i.e. To accompany.

were afraid.
ἐφοβοῦντο (ephobounto)
Strong's 5399: From phobos; to frighten, i.e. to be alarmed; by analogy, to be in awe of, i.e. Revere.

Again
πάλιν (palin)
Adverb
Strong's 3825: Probably from the same as pale; anew, i.e. back, once more, or furthermore or on the other hand.

[Jesus] took
παραλαβὼν (paralabōn)
Strong's 3880: From para and lambano; to receive near, i.e. Associate with oneself; by analogy, to assume an office; figuratively, to learn.

the
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural

Twelve {aside}
δώδεκα (dōdeka)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1427: Twelve; the usual way in which the Twelve apostles of Jesus are referred to. From duo and deka; two and ten, i.e. A dozen.

[and] began
ἤρξατο (ērxato)

to tell
λέγειν (legein)
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

them
αὐτοῖς (autois)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

what
τὰ (ta)

was going
μέλλοντα (mellonta)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3195: A strengthened form of melo; to intend, i.e. Be about to be, do, or suffer something.

to happen
συμβαίνειν (symbainein)
Strong's 4819: To happen, occur, meet. From sun and the base of basis; to walk together, i.e. Concur.

to Him:
αὐτῷ (autō)

JLG

restricted access
Mark 10:33

“Look,
Ἰδοὺ (Idou)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2400: See! Lo! Behold! Look! Second person singular imperative middle voice of eido; used as imperative lo!

we are going up
ἀναβαίνομεν (anabainomen)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Plural
Strong's 305: To go up, mount, ascend; of things: I rise, spring up, come up. From ana and the base of basis; to go up.

to
εἰς (eis)
Preposition

Jerusalem,
Ἱεροσόλυμα (Hierosolyma)
Strong's 2414: The Greek form of the Hebrew name: Jerusalem. Of Hebrew origin; Hierosolyma

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

Son
Υἱὸς (Huios)

of Man
ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou)

will be betrayed
παραδοθήσεται (paradothēsetai)
Verb - Future Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3860: From para and didomi; to surrender, i.e yield up, intrust, transmit.

to the
τοῖς (tois)
Article - Dative Masculine Plural

chief priests
ἀρχιερεῦσιν (archiereusin)
Noun - Dative Masculine Plural
Strong's 749: High priest, chief priest. From arche and hiereus; the high-priest; by extension a chief priest.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

scribes.
γραμματεῦσιν (grammateusin)

They will condemn
κατακρινοῦσιν (katakrinousin)
Strong's 2632: To condemn, judge worthy of punishment. From kata and krino; to judge against, i.e. Sentence.

Him
αὐτὸν (auton)

to death
θανάτῳ (thanatō)
Strong's 2288: Death, physical or spiritual. From thnesko; death.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

hand Him over
παραδώσουσιν (paradōsousin)

to the
τοῖς (tois)
Article - Dative Neuter Plural

Gentiles,
ἔθνεσιν (ethnesin)
Noun - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 1484: Probably from etho; a race, i.e. A tribe; specially, a foreign one.

JLG

restricted access
Mark 10:34

[who] will mock
ἐμπαίξουσιν (empaixousin)
Strong's 1702: To mock, ridicule. From en and paizo; to jeer at, i.e. Deride.

Him
αὐτῷ (autō)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

spit on
ἐμπτύσουσιν (emptysousin)
Strong's 1716: To spit upon. From en and ptuo; to spit at or on.

Him
αὐτῷ (autō)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

flog [Him]
μαστιγώσουσιν (mastigōsousin)
Strong's 3146: To flog, scourge, the victim being strapped to a pole or frame; met: I chastise. From mastix; to flog.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

kill
ἀποκτενοῦσιν (apoktenousin)

Him.
αὐτὸν (auton)

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

after
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition

three
τρεῖς (treis)

days
ἡμέρας (hēmeras)

He will rise again.”
ἀναστήσεται (anastēsetai)

JLG

restricted access
Matthew 16:21

From
Ἀπὸ (Apo)
Preposition
Strong's 575: From, away from. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. Away, in various senses.

that time [on]
τότε (tote)
Adverb
Strong's 5119: Then, at that time. From ho and hote; the when, i.e. At the time that.

Jesus
Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

began
ἤρξατο (ērxato)

to show
δεικνύειν (deiknyein)
Strong's 1166: A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

disciples
μαθηταῖς (mathētais)

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction

He must
δεῖ (dei)
Strong's 1163: Third person singular active present of deo; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is Necessary.

go
ἀπελθεῖν (apelthein)
Strong's 565: From apo and erchomai; to go off, aside or behind, literally or figuratively.

to
εἰς (eis)
Preposition

Jerusalem
Ἱεροσόλυμα (Hierosolyma)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

suffer
παθεῖν (pathein)
Strong's 3958: I am acted upon in a certain way, either good or bad; I experience ill treatment, suffer.

many things
πολλὰ (polla)

at the hands of
ἀπὸ (apo)
Preposition
Strong's 575: From, away from. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. Away, in various senses.

the
τῶν (tōn)

elders,
Strong's 4245: Comparative of presbus; older; as noun, a senior; specially, an Israelite Sanhedrist or Christian 'presbyter'.

chief priests,
ἀρχιερέων (archiereōn)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

scribes,
γραμματέων (grammateōn)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

that He must be killed

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

on the
τῇ (tē)

third
τρίτῃ (tritē)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 5154: Third. Ordinal from treis; third; neuter a third part, or a third time, thirdly.

day
ἡμέρᾳ (hēmera)

be raised to life.
ἐγερθῆναι (egerthēnai)
Strong's 1453: (a) I wake, arouse, (b) I raise up. Probably akin to the base of agora; to waken, i.e. Rouse.

JLG

restricted access
Matthew 16:22

Peter
Πέτρος (Petros)

took Him aside
προσλαβόμενος (proslabomenos)
Verb - Aorist Participle Middle - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4355: (a) I take to myself, (b) I take aside, (c) I welcome. From pros and lambano; to take to oneself, i.e. Use, lead, admit.

[and] began
ἤρξατο (ērxato)

to rebuke
ἐπιτιμᾶν (epitiman)

Him.
αὐτῷ (autō)

“Far be it
Ἵλεώς (Hileōs)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2436: Perhaps from the alternate form of haireomai; cheerful, i.e. Propitious; adverbially God be gracious!, i.e. far be it.

from You,
σοι (soi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

Lord!”
Κύριε (Kyrie)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

he said.
λέγων (legōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular

“This
τοῦτο (touto)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

{shall} never
οὐ (ou)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

happen
ἔσται (estai)

to You!”
σοι (soi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

JLG

restricted access
Matthew 16:23

But
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

[Jesus] turned
στραφεὶς (strapheis)
Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4762: Strengthened from the base of trope; to twist, i.e. Turn quite around or reverse.

[and] said
εἶπεν (eipen)
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

to Peter,
Πέτρῳ (Petrō)

“Get
Ὕπαγε (Hypage)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 5217: To go away, depart, begone, die. From hupo and ago; to lead under, i.e. Withdraw or retire, literally or figuratively.

behind
ὀπίσω (opisō)
Preposition
Strong's 3694: Behind, after; back, backwards. From the same as opisthen with enclitic of direction; to the back, i.e. Aback.

Me,
μου (mou)
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

Satan!
Σατανᾶ (Satana)
Strong's 4567: An adversary, Satan. Of Chaldee origin corresponding to ma'bad; the accuser, i.e. The devil.

You are
εἶ (ei)

a stumbling block
σκάνδαλον (skandalon)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4625: A snare, stumbling-block, cause for error. Scandal; probably from a derivative of kampto; a trap-stick, i.e. Snare.

to Me.
ἐμοῦ (emou)

For
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction

you do not have in mind
φρονεῖς (phroneis)
Strong's 5426: (a) I think, (b) I think, judge, (c) I direct the mind to, seek for, (d) I observe, (e) I care for.

the things
τὰ (ta)

of God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

but
ἀλλὰ (alla)
Conjunction
Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

the
τὰ (ta)

things
τῶν (tōn)

of men.”
ἀνθρώπων (anthrōpōn)

JLG

restricted access
Luke 9:22

“The
τὸν (ton)

Son
Υἱὸν (Huion)

of Man
ἀνθρώπου (anthrōpou)

must
Δεῖ (Dei)

suffer
παθεῖν (pathein)

many things,”
πολλὰ (polla)

He said.
εἰπὼν (eipōn)

“He must be rejected
ἀποδοκιμασθῆναι (apodokimasthēnai)
Strong's 593: To reject after testing (examination), disqualify. From apo and dokimazo; to disapprove, i.e. to repudiate.

by
ἀπὸ (apo)
Preposition

the
τῶν (tōn)

elders,

chief priests,
ἀρχιερέων (archiereōn)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

scribes,
γραμματέων (grammateōn)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

He must be killed

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

on the
τῇ (tē)

third
τρίτῃ (tritē)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 5154: Third. Ordinal from treis; third; neuter a third part, or a third time, thirdly.

day
ἡμέρᾳ (hēmera)

be raised to life.”
ἐγερθῆναι (egerthēnai)
Strong's 1453: (a) I wake, arouse, (b) I raise up. Probably akin to the base of agora; to waken, i.e. Rouse.

JLG

restricted access
Once he died, Jesus didn’t see or speak with any of them again until after he was resurrected.
Matthew 28:1

After
Ὀψὲ (Opse)
Preposition
Strong's 3796: Late, in the evening. From the same as opiso; late in the day; by extension, after the close of the day.

[the] Sabbath,
σαββάτων (sabbatōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 4521: The Sabbath, a week.

at dawn
ἐπιφωσκούσῃ (epiphōskousē)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2020: To dawn, be near commencing. A form of epiphauo; to begin to grow light.

on
εἰς (eis)
Preposition

[the] first [day]
μίαν (mian)
Adjective - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1520: One. (including the neuter Hen); a primary numeral; one.

of [the] week,
σαββάτων (sabbatōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 4521: The Sabbath, a week.

Mary
Μαριὰμ (Mariam)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3137: Or Mariam of Hebrew origin; Maria or Mariam, the name of six Christian females.

Magdalene
Μαγδαληνὴ (Magdalēnē)
Strong's 3094: Magdalene, a woman of Magdala. Feminine of a derivative of Magdala; a female Magdalene, i.e. Inhabitant of Magdala.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular

other
ἄλλη (allē)
Adjective - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 243: Other, another (of more than two), different. A primary word; 'else, ' i.e. Different.

Mary
Μαρία (Maria)
Strong's 3137: Or Mariam of Hebrew origin; Maria or Mariam, the name of six Christian females.

went
ἦλθεν (ēlthen)
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

to see
θεωρῆσαι (theōrēsai)
Strong's 2334: From a derivative of theaomai; to be a spectator of, i.e. Discern, (experience) or intensively (acknowledge).

the
τὸν (ton)

tomb.
τάφον (taphon)
Strong's 5028: A burial-place, sepulcher, tomb, grave. Masculine from thapto; a grave.

JLG

restricted access
Matthew 28:2

Suddenly
ἰδοὺ (idou)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2400: See! Lo! Behold! Look! Second person singular imperative middle voice of eido; used as imperative lo!

there was
ἐγένετο (egeneto)
Strong's 1096: A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. to become, used with great latitude.

a great
μέγας (megas)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3173: Large, great, in the widest sense.

earthquake,
σεισμὸς (seismos)
Strong's 4578: A shaking (as an earthquake); a storm. From seio; a commotion, i.e. a gale, an earthquake.

for
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

an angel
ἄγγελος (angelos)
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

of [the] Lord
Κυρίου (Kyriou)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

descended
καταβὰς (katabas)
Strong's 2597: To go down, come down, either from the sky or from higher land, descend. From kata and the base of basis; to descend.

from
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

heaven,
οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

rolled away
ἀπεκύλισεν (apekylisen)
Strong's 617: To roll away. From apo and kulioo; to roll away.

the
τὸν (ton)

stone,
λίθον (lithon)
Strong's 3037: A stone; met: of Jesus as the chief stone in a building. Apparently a primary word; a stone.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

sat
ἐκάθητο (ekathēto)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2521: To sit, be seated, enthroned; I dwell, reside. From kata; and hemai; to sit down; figuratively, to remain, reside.

on
ἐπάνω (epanō)
Preposition
Strong's 1883: From epi and ano; up above, i.e. Over or on.

it.
αὐτοῦ (autou)

JLG

restricted access
Matthew 28:3

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

appearance
εἰδέα (eidea)
Strong's 2397: Form, outward appearance. From eido; a sight, i.e. Aspect.

was
ἦν (ēn)

ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

lightning,
ἀστραπὴ (astrapē)
Strong's 796: A flash of lightning, brightness, luster. From astrapto; lightning; by analogy, glare.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)

clothing
ἔνδυμα (endyma)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 1742: A garment, raiment, clothing. From enduo; apparel.

white
λευκὸν (leukon)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3022: White, bright, brilliant. From luke; white.

as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

snow.
χιών (chiōn)
Strong's 5510: Snow. Perhaps akin to the base of chasma or cheimon; snow.

JLG

restricted access
Matthew 28:4

The
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

guards
τηροῦντες (tērountes)
Strong's 5083: From teros; to guard, i.e. To note; by implication, to detain; by extension, to withhold; by extension, to withhold.

trembled
ἐσείσθησαν (eseisthēsan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 4579: To shake; fig: I agitate, stir up. Apparently a primary verb; to rock, i.e. to agitate; figuratively, to throw into a tremor.

in
ἀπὸ (apo)
Preposition

fear
φόβου (phobou)
Strong's 5401: (a) fear, terror, alarm, (b) the object or cause of fear, (c) reverence, respect. From a primary phebomai; alarm or fright.

of him
αὐτοῦ (autou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

became
ἐγενήθησαν (egenēthēsan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 1096: A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. to become, used with great latitude.

ὡς (hōs)
Adverb

dead [men].
νεκροί (nekroi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.