• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:19-20

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Romans 16:19-20 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
19 For everyone has heard about your obedience; therefore I rejoice over you. However, I want you to be wise concerning good, but innocent concerning evil. 20 And God, the source of shalom, will soon crush the Adversary under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Yeshua be with you.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

19 When we obey God’s will people will notice, Paul once said follow after me as I follow after Christ, people should be able to see how Jesus would react by looking at us, we are not perfect as He is though. We as Christians should be encouraging to other believers in following the Lord’s will for their life. We need to keep doing good, this is what Christ wants from us and we need to avoid evil, that way we avoid falling away, the Lord may allow us to be tempted for growth but if He is leading us then we can trust Him to have us overcome. We will sin but need to look to Him for He alone is good and makes us good.

20 The Lord will defeat Satan it is just a matter of time, the cross was the start of His final plan, the world is mirrored after Satan but we are meant for the world to come and should mirror our Savior Jesus Christ. Grace is what allows us to get the point where we can have faith; if it was not for grace having faith would have no meaning.