• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:17-18

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Romans 16:17-18 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

17 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put snares alongside the teaching in which you have been trained — keep away from them. 18 For men like these are not serving our Lord the Messiah but their own belly; by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the innocent.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 Encouragement is a part of the reason the church is called together, this world is hard we are not to be divided against ourselves; very few divisions in churches were done by God, one being the Reformation. The church is to be divided against false teachings that are within the church but often time’s division is not even about teachings. There are those cause trouble to try to have divisions. The Lord does not want the church to be divided so that leaves the evil one wanting it to happen and often we make him happy and sadden God.

18 Division is rarely a service of the Lord the only time it is when apostasy and lies are divided from those who stand on the truth; this is only after they have tried to convince the people who follow the lies what is Truth. Deceiving people has always been a trick of the Devil. Deceiving is never of God. There is not deceit within Truth.