• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 16:1-2

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 16:1-2King James Version (KJV)
16 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Romans 16:1-2Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
16 I am introducing to you our sister Phoebe, shammash of the congregation at Cenchrea, 2 so that you may welcome her in the Lord, as God’s people should, and give her whatever assistance she may need from you; for she has been a big help to many people — including myself.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Phoebe was by what most scholars say she was a deacon who had its own duties which included taking care of the needs of children and women the men were for the men deacons to aid but everyone else the women would go. Cenchrea was near Corinth from where Paul wrote this letter.

2 We are to encourage others in their walk with the Lord, we are to encourage them to say in the will of the Lord and we are to help in any way He allows us. Phoebe was one of those who helped and did what she needed to do, often time those who give help never ask for help even though they need it, this may be why Paul tells them to help her instead of having wait for her to ask them for help. There are those who are called to things bigger than we are Paul were one of them and any aid to him was a help for what He had called Paul to do.