Before Genesis there is no indication there was anything but God. That is beyond our ability to comprehend.Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Also beyond our ability to comprehend is God has no beginning. We do not know why he exists, we just know he exists and has always existed.
The Bible calls him the, "Causeless Cause."
That does grate on Atheists, Humanists and others. They want to believe they can explain everything, either today or tomorrow. But they cannot.
Nor do we know why God created anything. He doesn't need anything else. But, it seems he wants to share good things will others. So he did create the Universe.
Existence has gone through many stages and changes. We see in the Bible the following sequence of events:
- Just God
- Angels created. The Bible tells us the angels watched God creating the earth
- Heavens and the earth
- Pre-Adamic Creation on the earth
- Pre-Adamic destruction of the earth
- The Adamic Six Days of reforming the earth and life upon it
- The Age of Innocence
- The Fall of Man
- The Time of Law of Conscience
- The Flood destruction of the earth
- Babel and the dividing of the one Continent
- Mosaic Law Age
- The Church Age
- The 7 Year Tribulation
- The Millennial Kingdom
- The final destruction of this earth and the end of time
- The New Heavens and Earth
- The New Jerusalem, Lake of Fire and the Rest
My theory is God wants to share his bounty. So he created life.
But, to truly have love, etc. there has to be freewill. Freewill means some will not accept his rule and goodness.
At the White Throne Judgement he says to all who stand before him and are condemned that none of them have an excuse.
What excuses are possible to avoid the Lake of Fire?
- If only you make us spirit beings without the temptations of the flesh, knowing good from evil and eternal, I would not here - He did make the angels thus and 1/3 still rebelled
- If only you made us eternal flesh with knowledge of good and evil and lacking for nothing - God did make the Pre-Adamics with all these attributes. Some still rebelled
- If only you had made us innocent - without knowledge of good and evil there would have been no temptation to sin. He make Adam and Eve innocent, but they still rebelled
- If only we were able to sin and in seeing the sin want your perfection. God allowed The Fall of Adam and gave us his Son so we could come to him and achieve perfection. People still reject God
It also shows those who will rebel cannot be allowed to intermix with those who will not. It always results in conflicts and problems coming in many forms. To truly share in God's pefection and plenty, those who rebel must be separated from all others.
Another argument given is if those who choose to sin were to only be given their own place, apart from those who do not, it would be fair to all and true love.
It will not work. Those who sin will always strive to use and abuse others. So some would suffer for the benefit of others, until they are able to reverse the situation and be in power themselves.
Additionally, It is not just for those who rebel to enjoy God's perfection and blessings. They will pervert it, abuse it and misuse it for sin.
Finally, the question of why God isn't going to just keep doing it more and more so more can share?
Good question and one that goes back to why did God do it all?
I believe the Bible gives a probable answer. It says God's patience is not without end. When he creates the New Heavens and New Earth, it has ended.
There is a lot not said about life on the New Earth and in the New Jerusalem. All life exists for a purpose. We are not told what our purposes will be.
That means something will be going on, but we do not know what or why.
With that said, the following topics dig into issues listed above and more. I hope you find them thought provoking and informative.