• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 5:3-5

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 5:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Galatians 5:3-5 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

3 Again, I warn you: any man who undergoesb’rit-milahis obligated to observe the entireTorah!4 You who are trying to be declared righteous by God through legalism have severed yourselves from the Messiah! You have fallen away from God’s grace!5 For it is by the power of the Spirit, who works in us because we trust and are faithful, that we confidently expect our hope of attaining righteousness to be fulfilled.

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB)Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 He is referring those that continue to live by the law, Paul himself was circumcised. When you start to live by the law and come to Christ why would have you break your commitments, He would not but have you serve them while keeping them.

4 We can not be justified by the law but only by God’s grace which we receive thru Christ becoming our Lord. Keeping the law can not fully be done but Christ did it and thru Him we can be freed from our sins that come from us falling short of the law.

5 Thru the law there truly is no hope but thru Christ we have a hope today. Our righteousness come thru our Him in the Lord Jesus who is perfect. It is His righteousness that is on us and in faith our in Him makes us pure.

Back