• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Evidence of the Prophet Isaiah?

Here's a title I don't like …

Archaeologists Think They've Found First-Ever Evidence of a Legendary Biblical Prophet

This is incredible!

MICHELLE STARR

23 FEB 2018

https://www.sciencealert.com/biblical-prophet-isaiah-clay-bulla-seal-found-jerusalem-8-bce

Notice the title to the same body of text by a "scientific site".

I have to take issue with the premise that somehow now, because of some piece of rock with half a name on it, we have some tiny bit of proof that Isaiah might have really existed.

Isaiah the book itself, (and therefore the author of it), stands on it's own as being accurate due to what is in the book. Prophetically, it defines events that happened, and nations that exist exactly where they are today as well as the very nature of God. Anyone that reads the book and considers Israel and Judaism (and what they believe) and Christianity (real Christianity) will have no doubt in their mind of the veracity of the text.

Folks, … with respect … the text below is God Himself speaking through His faithful friend Isaiah, … to you yourself, in this moment, as you read it … do you have ears to hear it … ??

Isaiah 44:24-26 KJV

24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise [men] backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;

26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:

It is the work of the Devil (in this case science falsely defined) to shed doubt on the things of God and His Word, in this case one of the greatest historical and prophetic works in the history of mankind. Unfortunately, for what is left of the human race, as we fall farther away from God, this will increase until the end of the present age.

:nod:

Back