• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Do We Still Have A Sin Nature...

heatsear44

restricted access
Jesus was the perfect example of how to overcome the sin nature of the flesh. He did this by surrendering his own will and obedience to the spirit of God.

We know that the Spirit of God the creator and father has no flesh neither is it possible for his holy spirit to have sinful nature.

angels or evil spirits are able to have a sinful nature, but when we get to Jesus, does not the scriptures teach that Jesus did have the fleshly nature of sinful man and that Jesus was capable of committing sin but was without sin and was perfect in all his ways ?

we see that Jesus Christ was not only born of the Spirit of God but he was also born of the flesh of man - of the seed of man.

Why would we want succumb to Roman Catholic ideologies that teach such theories and man - made doctrines that being born without a physical father somehow makes someone created without sinful fleshly nature ?

Both Adam and Eve were born without the sex act, born without a human father nor a mother - were Adam and Eve created without a sinful nature ?

I am just asking because, when we rely upon Catholic doctrine that has saturated most every aspect of our historical faith that exists, as dribble down and trickle or the seeping effect of Catholic traditions, we can find ourselves stunned and incapable of rendering the word of God in its truthful context.

Heb 4:15 … For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

I just hope to have an understanding that the Spirit of God cannot be tempted in all points nor enticed or “ attracted “ to tempting situations - but this was the nature of the flesh of Jesus - he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh..

Jesus was created in the flesh to be tempted in all points, to be enticed and “ attracted “ to tempting situations involving sinful nature.

The scriptures teach that the law was weak through the flesh and that God sent his own son - in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, - and Jesus condemned sin in the flesh:

his flesh was in the likeness of Mary … … reproduction of sinful flesh - the son of David

Rom 5:14 … .. death reigned … … … … … even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

2co 5: 21 for he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

if Jesus was sent to the world to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh being born of the seed of sinful man - ,, for sake of our sin he was made - he died unto sin
God sent his own son - in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,

We see that scriptures say that Jesus was made / created inside Mary as the seed DNA and genetic hereditary of her ancestors going back to king David

Heb 9:13 for if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: :14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God

Jesus did not offer himself through the bodily nature unto God - but, through the eternal spirit he offered himself ……

Act 2:30 God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Jesus explains, I must submit and give up my own desires my own nature and my fleshly temptations I must deny. i cannot do anything, whatsoever - of my own, - saying that it is the father only, that does the miracles and the works. saying - why do you call me " good " ? - - " there is no one good but God alone "

Joh 5:30 i can of mine own self do nothing: as i hear, i judge: and my judgment is just; because i seek not mine own will, but the will of the father which hath sent me.

i am not relying upon the power of my own qualities passed down from my mother
-

not relying upon the status of being born or created - without an earthly father

i have no power but to deny my own personal will and submit to the will of the spirt of God

does the Bible teach that Jesus could never be justified in the flesh alone: - but only through the eternal spirit - he was offered as a “ perfect “ holy sacrifice without spot to God, only through the eternal and not by his flesh and blood and his own will which was made in the likeness of sinful flesh

Joh 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth; - the flesh profiteth nothing: - the words that i speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Was this the “ word of God “ from the beginning that was with God and was God whom that Jesus existed as, before he was born of God’s spirit - as the only born son of God ?

Back