• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 17, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Heaven

“I looked, and, behold, ... the Lamb." Why, that Lamb is heaven itself; for as good Rutherford says, "Heaven and Christ are the same thing." To be with Christ is to be in heaven, and to be in heaven is to be with Christ.”

An unusual concept, but would Heaven be the same without Christ? I do not think so. We long to spend eternity with Jesus the Holy One who paid for our redemption with His blood.

Heaven without Jesus would be having a Birthday party without the person having the Birthday. It would seem unnatural, just as Heaven would be without Jesus.

Just as I long to see my son in Heaven my heart yearns to see Jesus face to face. To thank Him for saving my soul. What a wondrous day it will be to see Jesus face-to-face! To kiss his hands and feet. It is true we long to leave this evil world and our broken bodies behind but we also long to be in the presence of our Lord and Savior.

Maranatha,

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 18, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Attacks of Weakness

“Promise #18:

My power will rest on you when you are weak.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (WEB)

He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me.”

I have been having weak spells when I stand up. I am having a medical test to check on a possible cause of this today. Weakness not only affects us physically but can affect us emotionally and spiritually.

In times of weakness, the devil will try to take advantage of our situation by putting doubts, fears, and sometimes evil thoughts in our minds, to tempt us to sin. Remember that satan waited until Jesus had fasted 40 days before he attacked Jesus with temptation. Yet, the Bible said that Jesus did not sin.

We can defeat satan through Jesus Christ. When the devil attacks pray immediately. We do not have to be in Church to cry out to God. We can pray anywhere. When we seek sincerely seek God, He will help us. Replace thoughts from the devil with prayer, songs of praise, and worship. Because of COPD, I have lost my ability to sing out loud, but I have learned that I can praise God anywhere in my mind. The devil can't invade our thoughts when we are praying and praising God.

Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials...Blessed is the man who endures trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:2,12, RSV

Replace fears and doubts with prayers as praise and God will give us peace.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 19, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Forgiveness

Romans 5:8

New King James Version

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Matthew 18:21-22

New King James Version

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

There are some people who seem incapable of seeing their part in a disagreement. You ask forgiveness and they forgive you but they never apologize for their part of the argument. You can let this stick in your claw and allow it to eat at you for years or you can make the choice to forgive them and move on.

It is so much better to forgive and move on. We are not responsible for their inability to admit their own mistakes. The truth is we do not need their apology to forgive them. We forgive because God forgave us. It is good that we repent for our wrongdoings and allow God to deal with them.

Forgiving people is like medicine for our own souls. We prevent bitterness from taking hold of our hearts when we forgive without expecting anything in return. Forgiveness is love in action.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 21, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Read The Bible, To Know God

“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

The more we read God’s Word and pray the more we will know God. The more we know God, the more we will understand His ways. When we do not understand a passage, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal its meaning to us.

God will make Himself real to us if we ask, Him. We must desire to know Him better.

Jeremiah 29:13

New King James Version

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6

New King James Version

6 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.

Let us not wait until we are in a battle to reach out to God. Communicate with God daily so that we already have a relationship with Him before trouble comes.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 22, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Go To God For Rest

“Daily Prayer for January 22
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and l will give you rest. Matthew 11:28, RSV
Dear Father in heaven, grant us the inner quiet we need so that we may come into your presence and hear you speak, forgetting all the things that try to force themselves upon us. May we experience your true and living support. Keep our hearts glad and thankful for everything, even in grief, anxiety, and suffering. In this thankfulness we can remain with you, and Jesus Christ can help us, Jesus, whom you have given as our support and helper in all that most deeply concerns us. We entrust ourselves to you. Keep us in your Spirit. Amen”
There are times we are exhausted from too many days of suffering. It is tempting to close off yourself and hide in your misery. It is far better to go to God. To seek His face. To take our needs to him and cry out to God for help.

God wants to help us. He is just waiting for us to call out to Him. Seek God with all your heart and trust in Him in all circumstances.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 23, 2023

Happy Monday,

Fear Not

“Promise #23:

I will not let you be tested beyond what you can endure.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (WEB)

No temptation has taken you except what is common to man.

God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able,

but will with the temptation also make the way of escape,

that you may be able to endure it.”

Too often we fear what never happens. Worrying about what could be will accomplish nothing. God got us through the troubles of yesterday. He will be with us through the troubles of today and tomorrow.

We will be at peace when we take one-day at a time. The same God that is with us today, will be with us forever. God help us to lay aside fear and put complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 24, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Traveling On”

There is an old Hymn that says: “I feel like traveling on”. There may be times we feel like giving up, but when we remember all the times that God has brought us through trials, comforted us, and performed miracles in our lives how could we walk away from our faith in our Heavenly Father?

I Feel Like Traveling On | William Hunter

Anticipation

I Feel Like Traveling On
William Hunter, 1838
alt. attr. to James D. Vaughan
copyright status is Public Domain

Subjects: Anticipation, Heaven, Home
Scripture: John 14:2-3; 2 Corinthians 5:1-4
I Feel Like Traveling On [.xml]
James D. Vaughan

1 My heav’nly home is bright and fair,
I feel like traveling on;
Nor pain nor death can enter there,
I feel like traveling on.
◦ Refrain:
Yes, I feel like traveling on,
My heav’nly home is bright and fair,
2 Its glitt’ring tow’rs the sun outshine,
That heav’nly mansion shall be mine,
3 Let others seek a home below,
Which flames devour, or waves o’erflow,
4 The Lord has been so good to me,
Until that blessed home I see,
I feel like traveling on

Let us not become so focused on today’s troubles, that we lose sight of the prize of Heaven that awaits us. The human mind cannot comprehend the glories of Heaven. John the Apostle saw Heaven firsthand, and he found it difficult to describe the glories of Heaven in Human terms.

When trials and troubles come and they will focus on Jesus. This life is temporary but Heaven is eternal.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 25, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

I Do Not Understand The Bible

Have you ever heard someone say the previous statement? Truth is we may never completely understand everything in the Bible, but if we never study the Bible, the less we will understand.

The more we read the Bible, the more the Holy Spirit will help us understand the Words of God. In this day and age when there are too many preachers and teachers, sugar-coating the Bible and teaching outright lies, it is important we know the truth for ourselves so we are not led astray.

Before we open the Holy Book, pray that God will open our eyes and ears to see and hear the truth.

Betty

“God, Help Me Know the Truth In a World of Lies!”

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
January 24, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Traveling On”

There is an old Hymn that says: “I feel like traveling on”. There may be times we feel like giving up, but when we remember all the times that God has brought us through trials, comforted us, and performed miracles in our lives how could we walk away from our faith in our Heavenly Father?

I Feel Like Traveling On | William Hunter

Anticipation

I Feel Like Traveling On
William Hunter, 1838
alt. attr. to James D. Vaughan

Subjects: Anticipation, Heaven, Home
Scripture: John 14:2-3; 2 Corinthians 5:1-4
I Feel Like Traveling On [.xml]
James D. Vaughan
1 My heav’nly home is bright and fair,
Nor pain nor death can enter there,
◦ Refrain:
Yes, I feel like traveling on,
My heav’nly home is bright and fair,
2 Its glitt’ring tow’rs the sun outshine,
That heav’nly mansion shall be mine,
3 Let others seek a home below,
Which flames devour, or waves o’erflow,
4 The Lord has been so good to me,
Until that blessed home I see,
I feel like traveling on

Let us not become so focused on today’s troubles, that we lose sight of the prize of Heaven that awaits us. The human mind cannot comprehend the glories of Heaven. John the Apostle saw Heaven firsthand, and he found it difficult to describe the glories of Heaven in Human terms.

When trials and troubles come and they will focus on Jesus. This life is temporary but Heaven is eternal.

Betty

Wish and ask for anything not sinful, but understand and accept it must be within God's will and may not be granted until eternity.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 27, 2023

Happy Friday,

More Love

Daily Prayer for January 27
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
‘My prayer for you is that you may have still more love – a love that is full of knowledge and wise insight. I want you to be able always to recognize the highest and the best, and to live sincere and blameless lives until the day of Christ. I want to see your lives full of true goodness, produced by the power that Jesus Christ gives you to the praise and glory of God. Philippians 1:9–11, (Phillips)
Lord our God, we thank you for filling our hearts with such great trust. We thank you for all we are given in our lives, above all that we can come to know Jesus Christ. We thank you that over and over we can draw strength and life from his life. Praise to your name, for our life has a goal and we may find strength and certainty during our time on earth. You will reveal what we hope for, and even now you allow us to keep something of this goal before our eyes. We praise you that your name may become great in our midst and that again and again new life can well up from us, who are poor and weak. May your name be praised for setting this goal before us to strengthen us. Amen”

God has given us so much love. Do we give love freely or with a thimble? Do we choose to love only the loveable? Let us look in the mirror. We are not always loveable ourselves. On a bad day, we can be quite ornery, ourselves. We can be fussy and out of sorts and yet God chooses to love us, even on our bad days.

We live in a fallen world and there will be times when our actions and reactions are not lovely. What do we do? We seek forgiveness from God and those we offended. We pray that God will help us do better. Our goal should be to please our Heavenly Father, above all!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 29, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

“Promise #29:

When Jesus appears, you will receive a crown of glory that will never dim.

1 Peter 5:4 (WEB)

When the chief Shepherd is revealed,

you will receive the crown of glory that doesn’t fade away.”

Wordly honors will one day fade away. Popularity also fades away. The darlings of today will have books written about them in the years to come trash their reputations.

The honors we gain for the sake of God will never tarnish or decay. What is done for Christ will never fade away or rust. We must work for the glory of God and not to gain honor in this world. Give God all the glory and praise for without His help, we would not be able to accomplish anything.

Rejoice in our salvation and praise our God forever and ever.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 30, 2023

Happy Monday

Grow With God

January is coming to an end, but it is not too late to make another New Year's resolution. Let us choose to grow with the Lord. We can begin to pray every day that we will not be the same person on December 31st that we are today.

We would be very disappointed if a plant we started growing today would be the same size on December 31st. We with God’s help can choose to grow daily in our relationship with God. It will take effort on our part. We cannot coast into a thriving relationship with God.

The devil will attack us more as he sees us growing in our relationship with God, but remember we will not be alone. God will be with us all the way. We can trust in God completely.

May God give us the desire to flourish in our relationship with Him. May we choose not to barely make it into Heaven but to enter the gates of Heaven victorious. The choice is ours.

Betty

P.S. MAKE THIS OUR DAILY PRAYER

Betty52

Advanced Poster
January 31, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Clawed My Way To The Top”

Have you ever heard someone say that they “clawed my way to the top”? Sadly, they really mean that they mean that they stomped on everyone in the way to get to the top. Very few people are that happy when they get to the top. They live in fear of losing their positions. They trust no one. In reality, they are miserable.

The best life is to live in a way that is pleasing to God. Riches do not buy happiness and contentment. With Jesus, we can be content in all circumstances.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 1, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Complete In Me Your Good Work

Hebrews 13:20-21

New King James Version

Benediction, Final Exhortation, Farewell

20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you [a]complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

May our desire be to allow God to accomplish His desires through us. May we be willing vessels, ever willing to do the work of our Heavenly Father. May we seek to live in a way that is pleasing to our God and King.

Let us work for God here on earth, even as we long for the rapture so that we shall be with God forevermore. May God bless you and your family.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 2, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Seek Discernment

Proverbs 2:3-5

New King James Version

Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,

If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;

Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.

In this world the knowledge we can gain from God is underrated. Yet how much more peace we would have if walked in the path of the Lord! How much trouble we would avoid if we sought to walk in righteousness and truth?

The standards and morals of this world will lead us to hell. We have God’s Holy Word as a compass to guide us to walk in righteousness in truth. We can seek God’s direction through prayer.

Isaiah 55:6

6 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.

We need not walk blindly guessing God’s will when we can study the Bible and pray.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 3, 2023

Happy Friday,

The Good and Bad

Yesterday, I had a good today. Today is, not so good. My thoughts feel like one of those floor games of long ago, with a small metal ball bouncing all over the place. I cannot remember what the game is called but I spent my coins on them as a kid.

I am reminding myself that God is with me.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

I need not fear. Obviously, this will be a no-driving day. I can listen to praise and worship songs and work on my new jigsaw puzzle today. Whatever stage we are in our life, the devil and his demons like to torment us. When we sing praises to God they will move on. They do not want to praise God with us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 4, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Godly Love

“Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-

When we are honest with ourselves we can admit that sometimes our love does not measure up to God’s love. We can be guilty of loving for our own gain. We can withhold love on a whim. Our love is not always pure love.

What do when we see ourselves in one of these positions? We seek forgiveness from God. We ask God to teach us how to love. Self-loathing is not the answer. The answer is being honest with ourselves and God.
When we truly love God, we want to love others as God has loved us.

Heavenly Father,teach us to love others with a Godly love.
Amen,
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 5, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

“Pray With Expectations”

My sister last week sent me a card with that title on the front. I happen to see the card again today. When we pray without expectations, we are double-minded. We hoping for an answer to our prayer but we are also doubtful. Shame on us! May God help us to pray to Him, with faith, all the time!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 6, 2023

Happy Monday,

“They Did Not Recieve The Love of The Truth”

The Devil is attacking the intelligence of young people and young adults, but the reality is they are choosing to believe the devil’s lies. It is no longer popular to believe the truths of God’s Holy Word.

2 Thessalonians 2:5-12

New King James Version

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We have Christian singers, entertainers, and writers, and even Pastors, and Teachers of God’s Holy Word who have embraced the LGBTQIA. While they have made it about love and acceptance they have rejected the truth of God’s Holy Word. They may not realize it but they have made their beliefs above the laws of God. Because they have chosen to believe a lie from the devil and his demons, God will send them a strong delusion so they may be all condemned.

You might, say that I am being harsh but I am only speaking the Truth. Awake yourselves who believe you are Christians so you can know the truth and be set free.

John 8:32

32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

2 Timothy 4

New King James Version

Preach the Word

4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
February 7, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

“Why Do You Write About Bad Things?”

I have been asked that question many times. Can you imagine if God had never mentioned hell in the Bible? What a nasty surprise it would be for people to end up in hell with no warning? God and Jesus warned us many times the dangers of not repenting and turning away from our sins?

My friends better to be warned about the consequences of unrepentant sin and a lifestyle of sin now while it is time to turn away from sin and live in righteousness and truth.

Betty