• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 12, 2022

Happy Saturday,

“The Lord Looks At The Heart”

1 Samuel 16:7

New King James Version

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have [a]refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Many people (men and women) spend a fortune to enhance their looks. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look your best, but too often people can become obsessed with their outward appearance, while their soul is filthy.

Matthew 23:27

New King James Version

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

Earthly beauty lasts only so long. Even those who spend a fortune on surgeries, age catches up with everyone. On the other hand, eternity never ends.

When Jesus comes for His children our corruptible bodies will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:52

New King James Version

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Let us spend the most time on our internal beauty. Living for God, serving Him, worshipping Him, and praising Him. Looking with great anticipation for our blessed hope.

Titus 2:13

New King James Version

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

We are not children without hope for our redemption is coming soon.

Betty

Revelation 3:5

New King James Version

5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 13, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

The Sin Of Pride

Proverbs 16:18

New King James Version

18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

We have seen many in the public eye who gave into pride and were destroyed by it. Pride and arrogance can blind a person to their own sins and reality. It is sad to see someone destroyed by pride.

We can avoid pride when we give credit to God for our success. When we realize that any talent we have was given to us by God, we will no longer be inclined to take pride in our accomplishments. Praise God when we are successful and seek comfort from God, when we fail.

Hebrews 13:15

New King James Version

15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, [a]giving thanks to His name.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 14, 2022

Happy Monday,

God Is Our Refuge

Psalm 57:1-3

New King James Version

Prayer for Safety from Enemies

To the Chief Musician. Set to [a]“Do Not Destroy.” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.

He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

We all experience troubles. Whether it is sickness, financial, or loss of a family member. In these times the devil tries to get us to blame God. Yet the best thing we can do is run to God for comfort.

If we react in anger, we close ourselves off from receiving help from God. We have allowed the devil to win the battle. When we seek the face of God we open ourselves up to receive help and blessings from God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 16, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

“Keep Your Guard Up”

Be careful, and watch yourselves closely. Deuteronomy 4:9

The longer we have been Christians, the easier it can sometimes be for us to fall into a snare set by the devil. We can become complacent. We can be guilty of neglecting our prayers and Bible reading. No one arrives at their destination until they reach Heaven. Until then we can still be tempted to give in to temptations. Let us begin each day with prayer and end each day with prayer.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 17, 2022

Happy Thursday

Take Your Request To God

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

We often keep our needs and desires to ourselves rather than taking them to our Heavenly Father. He wants to hear our request. He wants us to trust Him with the desires of our hearts. God wants us to share our thoughts with Him.

When we open our hearts up to God we strengthen our relationship with God. It is important to have a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father, especially in these days. Let us talk to God often and seek His will for our lives.

Betty

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
God hears and answers. Sometimes no, sometimes yes and often in eternity, now.

I have many things I ask for health wise, but at 71, I know are not now.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 18, 2022

Happy Friday,

He Will Strenthen Us”

“Promise #322:

I look throughout the earth to strengthen those who belong to Me.

2 Chronicles 16:9 (WEB)

For the eyes of Yahweh run back and forth throughout the whole earth,

to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him”

We all get tired and weary. Many of us have one or more chronic health issues. The devil likes to poke at us and upset us. We can become discouraged. Yet, God wants to strengthen us, if we will only ask Him.

Do not compare your older self with your younger self. Instead of focusing on what you can no longer do. Focus on what you can do. Look for the positives in your life. Even us older people can be used by God. We may be doing other things than we used to, but we are still important to the Heavenly Father.

Betty

Hebrews 12:1-2

New King James Version

The Race of Faith

12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 19, 2022

Happy Saturday,

God Knows Me

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. Psalm 139:1

READ Psalm 139:1–12

All of us have hidden thoughts, dreams, and fears that we share with no one. God knows us better than we know ourselves. We can go to God with everything. He loves us despite our faults. We can trust God in every situation.

We should pray that God will help us love one another and to speak the truth in love. The Bible says the truth will set us free. Remember the times we are living in and seek to walk in righteousness and truth. Allow God to use us for His Glory. Work for God while we can. Press onward as we watch for the rapture.

Betty

Titus 2:13

New King James Version

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Betty52

Advanced Poster
Tuesday 22, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

The “New” Commandments

‘RELIGIOUS LEADERS TO MEET ON MT. SINAI FOR ‘PROPHETIC CALL FOR CLIMATE JUSTICE’ AND ‘CEREMONY OF REPENTANCE’

It was no accident that Religious leaders chose Mt.Sinai to unveil their new commandments, the place where God gave Moses the Ten Commandments. This place was chosen to show God that mankind did not need God’s Commandments because mankind made their own.

There is nothing wrong about striving to protect the earth but mankind now worships the earth over God. The Bible said that would happen. The earth is not to be worshipped we are to worship God who created the earth. Is the creation more powerful than the creator?

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. — John 1:3 (KJV)

Forty thousand attended this event including 100 world leaders. While the news did not make a big noise about this event it was a big event.

“The multifaith event – led by the Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development – is part of the 27th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP27), which is taking place in the Sinai Peninsula, in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt from November 6-18.”

This event was to unite the world in the Climate Change Religion. Make no mistake this is soon to be the world’s new religion, uniting several religions into one.

“Bringing together representatives from Christianity, Progressive Christian Mysticism, Judaism, and Islam, there is no world in which these interfaith prayer events are anything but blasphemous petitions to a Holy God.”

Those of us who study prophecy, know that this prophecy is being fulfilled before our eyes. This should not frighten us because it means that we are getting close to the rapture.

Luke 21:28

New King James Version

28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Fear not but trust God for He is in control. As the Bible says we need to get our house in order and be ready to meet our Lord and Master.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 23, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

“Senseless Killings”

Senseless killings in how the media is referring to the last two horrible events in one week. God warned us that in the last days lawlessness would increase and we are seeing this playing out before our eyes.

How does someone get to the point where they are willing to murder strangers? It starts with hate. When hate is not dealt with, it leads to bitterness. Sadly bitterness often leads to murder.

We need not fear the days we are living in if our trust is in God. As Paul said to live, God is with us, to die, we will be with God. When we know for sure where we are going when we die, we need not live in fear. Our goal should be to live every day for God. Working for God’s Kingdom until God calls us home. The closer we walk with God the less we will fear.

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 24, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Happy Thanksgiving

Today, like my family there is a feeling of grief for those that are not with us. This is normal but it is still hard. Yet, we still have many things to be grateful for.

We still have family members to celebrate with. We still have a roof over our heads and food on the table. If we just look around there are many things to be grateful for.

We can and should praise God for our blessings. We should pray for those less fortunate than us. Pray for those who are in the hospital and cannot be with their family today. Pray for Military members far from home. Let this Thanksgiving be a day that we have grateful hearts and a day of offering up praises to our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 25, 2022

Happy Friday,

No More Tears

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain. Revelation 21:4

There is coming a day, when we will never suffer loss again. Pain will just be a faded memory. This is more than being hopeful. This is a promise from our Heavenly Father.

We can live each day knowing without a doubt that a new day is coming. When we shall walk on streets of gold. When we can literally sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to His words of wisdom. When we can walk and talk with our loved ones who have gone before us.

Let us not live as children without hope for blessed hope is the rapture. Soon God will call His children home to Heaven.

Betty

Romans 8:12-17

New King James Version

Sonship Through the Spirit

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58

New King James Version

Our Final Victory

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a [a]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

“O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 26, 2022

Happy Saturday,

This Is Not Our Home

“The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can't supply is proof that Heaven must be our home.”

― C.S. Lewis

When we are adopted into the family of God, there is a part of us that longs to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father. We have work to do on our earth for God. This is why people do not go to Heaven the moment that they are saved. Yet, there is a longing in us to be with God.

When we love God and people, we should long to see them accept God as their Savior, too! The truth is we cannot push, force, or threaten people with the truth about hell to get them saved. Our job is to share the truth of the Gospel with others and pray for them. We cannot save anyone. Only God can save lost souls. Do not give up on the lost. Continue to pray for them.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 27, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Choose Joy

I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

John 15:11

We cannot always choose what happens to us. Things come into our lives that we do not like. We can choose to have a heart of joy. Even amid rough circumstances, we can choose to be joyful knowing that Jesus is always with us. He will never forsake us.

When we remember our future in Heaven we can walk through the storms of life with a joyful heart, pressing onward to our reward of Heaven. Praise God through all circumstances and worship His Holy Name. When we enter the gates of Heaven, all our suffering will be a distant memory.

Betty

Psalm 146:1-3

New King James Version

The Happiness of Those Whose Help Is the Lord

Praise[a] the Lord!

Praise the Lord, O my soul!

While I live I will praise the Lord;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

Do not put your trust in princes,
Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no [c]help.

2 Samuel 22:4

New King James Version

4 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 28, 2022

Happy Monday,

Why It Is Dangerous To Miss The Rapture?

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

King James Version

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The tribulation will be the worse thing that has ever happened to this world, even worse than the flood in Noah’s day. The tribulation will be a time of God’s judgment on those who rejected salvation through His Son. Judgment on those who loved their sin more than salvation.

We have all heard of the four horses of judgment. These horses will bring great tragedy to this world. Many will die during these days. This comes about when Jesus opens the first 4 seals. Two more seals will be open which will cause great destruction to this planet.

There will be people saved during this time but only God knows who will open their eyes to the truth and who will be beyond seeing the truth, because of the strong delusion. Now is the time to accept salvation. There is no guarantee of salvation after the rapture.

It is so much better to spend the tribulation time in Heaven with God. Sinners come to Christ, while it is still time, and forsake your sins and walk in the Righteousness of God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
November 30, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Be Grateful

As November ends let us continue having a thankful heart for the rest of the year. When we are grateful for what we have, we are less likely to lust after new things.

We have so much more than many people in other Countries. While everything is not perfect in America, we live in peace. God has been so good to America.

We do not have to fear the future. God will be there with us. Trust God to get us through today and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
December 1, 202w

Happy Thursday,

Encourage One Another In The Lord

Hebrews 3:13

New International Version

13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

Every Christian can be an encourager. It does not matter what our physical handicaps are, we can still offer a word of encouragement to a fellow believer.

These days are stressful and we can become easily discouraged. Yet, we do not have to allow ourselves to become discouraged. We can go to our Heavenly Father and ask for help.

1 Samuel 30:6 ESV

And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:13 ESV

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Isaiah 41:10 ESV

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Listen to praise and worship music and sing along. Make it a form of worship to God. Ask God to fill your heart with joy. Read encouraging Scriptures and then share them with others. Remind yourself of the times God answered your prayers.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
December 2, 2022

Happy Friday,

Abundant Life

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
John 10:1

While God provides our needs, He is more concerned about our spiritual health. We will take none of our physical possessions to Heaven. It is our spiritual possessions that we will take into Heaven.

It is our spiritual well-being that sees us through troubled times. Yet, we often spend more time and money on our bodies that will be left behind when we go to Heaven, than our spiritual being.

Let us choose to spend more time and effort in growing spiritually and asking God to help us to live in His Will.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
December 3, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Wait Before Responding

We often respond to offenses in haste and in anger. God wants us to take time to pray and calm down. Sometimes our best response is to do what the last press secretary’s favorite response was ( I will have to circle back to it). It is better to wait than speak in haste.

Waiting gives us time for our anger to cool down. Waiting gives us time to think over the situation. Waiting gives us time to seek advice from others. We may find that a third party can see both sides can see where we were in the wrong, too. In anger, we cannot often see both sides of a situation. Most of all, waiting gives us time to pray over our situation.

When we spend some time with God, we will be able to do what God always wants us to do and that is to react in love.

1 John 4:7

New King James Version

Knowing God Through Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

This does not mean the person will react in kind, but the person will know that we are Christians in all circumstances. Reactions in anger can kill our testimony.

Betty