• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 29, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Work For God With A Joyful Heart

Psalm 37:4

New King James Version

4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

When we work for our Heavenly Father, let us not do our work out of obligation. Instead, work with a joyful heart. Singing praises to our God as we work.

When we work out of obligation we can allow resentment to fill our hearts and then our work will reap no rewards for us. We should we work for God because we love Him and we want to serve Him. Though we will be rewarded for our works, may our works come from a loving heart and not for what we can receive.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 30, 2022

Happy Friday,

The God Of Peace

Daily Prayer for September 30
“CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, in the world we are full of fear; in you we have peace. We pray that your Spirit may give us the joy of your heavenly kingdom and the strength to live in your service. Remember those who suffer pain, who still have to walk paths of fear and distress. Grant them help, to the glory of your name. May we be united in hope and in expectation of what you will give through your great goodness and faithfulness. Amen”

Our Heavenly Father wants us to live in peace. Even when we are in a world that is full of lawlessness, evil and other drama, He wants us to have peaceful hearts and minds.

Yes, there is a lot around us to fear, but we serve a God that can protect us and guide us. God does not fear anything for there is no one above Him. When we realize the power that God has we can rest in Him. If we live, God is with us, if we die, we go live with God. In all circumstances, God is with us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 1, 2022

Saturday,

“Come Unto Me”

Matthew 11:28

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

My friends, there will be times when we are overwhelmed with trials, problems, and burdens. It is easy to feel like giving up in these times. Yet, we must remind ourselves that God knew we would have these days. This is why He calls us to come to Him for rest.

It is through these days that we grow spiritually. As much as it hurts we must ask ourselves if we really want to stay in what spot spiritually? Do we want to grow stagnant? Of course not! We want to be our best for Heavenly Father.

So when it gets too rough, do not give up but go to God and ask Him to comfort you and give you physical a d spiritual strength.

Betty

Acts 20:32

New King James Version

32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

Romans 16:25

New King James Version

Benediction

25 [a]Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

Ephesians 3:20-21

New King James Version

20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him beglory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Jude 24-25

New King James Version

Glory to God

24 Now to Him who is able to keep [a]you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,

25To God our Savior,
[c]Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and [d]power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 2, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Fill Us With Your Holy Spirit

Daily Prayer for October 2
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2, NIV
Lord our God, give us your Spirit, we beseech you, that we may find your paths on earth and live in the hope and certainty that everything is in your hands, even when we see much that is unjust and evil. May we remain under your protection, living by your commandments and in your Spirit. For your Spirit witnesses to the truth and longs to change and lift up our lives. Your Spirit longs to reach all people who have felt your touch, longs that they may come to you and have life. “Amen

We should pray every day that the Lord will fill us with His Holy Spirit so that we are not like the unwise virgins. We want to live for God to the best of our ability in righteousness and truth.

The Lord God is willing to answer our prayers. Are we willing to humble ourselves before our God? Are willing to admit our need for a Savior and a God to guide us in His will? When we do, He will answer. Heavenly Father speak to us and guide us daily in Your Will. Amen

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 4, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Jesus WILL Not Disappoint Us

Promise #277:

“If you believe in Jesus, you will not be disappointed.”

1 Peter 2:6 (WEB)

Because it is contained in Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious:

He who believes in him will not be disappointed.”

There will be times in life that things do not go our way. There will times that things happen to us that offend us. Yet, God always has the best plans for us and our families.

We may be offended by what happens to us and our families but when we step back from our pain and trust God in times of disappointment we can lay aside our disappointment in God and trust God in all circumstances.

Trusting God completely is laying down our desires and trusting Him even when we do not understand the reasons why. Some of our questions may not be answered until we enter Heaven. God wants us to trust Him as we wait for answers.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 5, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Be Faithful

Hebrews 3:7-15

New King James Version

Be Faithful

7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,

Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,

Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,
And saw My works forty years.

Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they have not known My ways.’

So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but [a]exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

As the age of grace is ending we are seeing more and more people who have hardened their hearts to the Holy Spirit. Women who brag of their abortions and seem to feel no shame.

In the entertainment industry, we see people publically blaspheme God and the coming rapture. They consider the things of God a joke. Television shows that use the names of God and Jesus as a curse word. It is heartbreaking.

What do we do as Christians? We remain faithful to our Heavenly Father. We spend the last of our days on this earth sharing the Gospel of Jesus. Remember as much as our hearts are broken by the sins of the world, how much so must be the heart of God.

Betty

Help Me To Be Faithful Lord (poem)

Help Me To Be Faithful Lord

Help me to be faithful in the

sharing of Your Word Lord

And not to have the fear of men

For I've been indwelt by the Spirit of God

That gives power, love, and a soundnness of mind

Give me a burden for lost souls Lord

Who are struggling from day to day

Doing the same things over and over

Needing a change in their ways

Let love be my ammunition

Along with a heapful of prayer

Waiting upon the Holy Spirit

To guide in the conversations there

With a heart sincere for service

Doing the will of the Lord

Sharing the wonderful love of the Saviour

And to the honoring of God's Word

Help me to be faithful Lord

for there's an eternity at stake

And that they may recognize the fact of

The most important decision that they must make

For death is but a breath away

Our time here ends in our demise

Days go swiftly flleting by

Now we're old!. Surprise!...Surprise!

How much have you felt the presence of God?

Have you ever sought the Master's face?

Have you enjoyed the reading of His Word!

His songs of amazing grace!

You're never ready for Heaven

Until Heaven is inside of you

God knows His sheep and calls them by name

Today is He calling you?!!!

O for the wonderful Salvation

That's to be found in the Lord Jesus Christ

Give elevation to that precious name

Who paid the greatest of Sacrifice

Love has left His calling card

He gives victory over the grave!

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ today

And today you shall be saved!

Remember...He's our burden bearer

Cast all of your cares His way

Let your heart receive His acceptance

Be born again today!

Amen...His strength is perfect....

Find your strength in Him

Quickly now find a quiet spot

And invite the Lord Jesus in

Forgiveness will come in like an avalanche

Bringing peace and joy along

Your heart will burst forth in praises

For He giveth the heart a new song

Don't leave off of finding Him

The true lover of your soul

Take an eternal relief from sin's penalty

And let the Saviour make you whole!!!

Hallelujah what a Saviour!

Copyright February 12 2021 4:46 AM

Gary James Smith

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 6, 2022

Happy Thursday,

“Give Us Your Spirit”

Daily Prayer for October 6
“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. John 17:25–26, NIV
Lord our God, our Father, give us your Spirit, we pray, for you have ruled over us at all times and loved us with a love that guides and leads us, that helps us go forward in body and soul. Reveal your hand. Grant that we undertake nothing in human strength; may everything come from you for each one whose heart holds true to you and who does the work intended for him. Then everything we do on earth can be a service to you. Protect us through your great goodness and faithfulness, which have been with us to this day and will go with us into the future. “Amen

I honestly, do not think that we can over-emphasize the need for the Holy Spirit to refresh us daily. Every day we face new challenges, troubles, and temptations. Whether we have been saved one year or 63 years, none of us have arrived at perfection.

As we get older the temptations the devil chooses will be different than

the days of our youth. Yet, we do not have to give in to temptation. We pray every day when we wake up for God to provide what we need to resist that day’s temptations. God will provide what we need.

There will be days when we are tired and hurting that we will slip up. This is when we ask God for forgiveness. God’s love for us will not change because we mess up. Remember David was not perfect but he was a praying man. In these days we are living in we need to be praying more than we have all of our lives.

Friends, do not give up. At a moment when we least expect it, Jesus will come for us. Until then let us live our best days for our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 7, 2022

Happy Friday,

Overcomers

1 Corinthians 15:57

New King James Version

57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do not allow the devil to steal your victory. For through our Lord Jesus we are victorious. At times it may seem like we are losing the war over the devil, but Jesus has already won the war.

The devil will fight us and at times we do lose some battles but go to the end of the Bible and you will see that the war against the devil has already been won by our precious Lord and Savior.

With tears in our eyes we can sing ‘Victory in Jesus’. The war has been won and our rewards await us in Heaven. Glory to God and praise His Holy Name.

Betty

Revelation 3:12

He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 8, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Jesus Is Coming Soon

I awoke early this morning, and I felt in my spirit a voice saying that Jesus is coming soon and for people to prepare. I begin to rejoice and sing praises to God in my usual singing whisper. I was so happy.

I went back to sleep but now that I am awake, I am still rejoicing. Even if Jesus does not come for months, I still believe that He is coming soon. I believe it is time to stop doing those things that we call petty sins. Time to be careful of what we watch on TV for these things affect our spirit. In other words, it is time to get our house in order.

Psalm 139:23-24

King James Version

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Let the Psalm above be our daily prayer. Let us seek to live in righteousness and ask the Holy Spirit to help us live the way God wants us to live.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 9, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

God Made The Family

“Then the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him’” (Genesis 2:18, ESV).

Why Is Homosexuality A Abomination To God?

God created the family as man and woman. The devil introduces homosexuality to mankind to attack the family unit God created. This was an attack by satan on God. As if to say to God that you created your family, but I am creating my own family.

The family unit is precious to God. The family was created before a Church was ever formed. The devil struck at the very heart of what was and is important to God.

A baby was meant to be made up of the cells of both mother and dad. Mom, Dad, and children form a complete family. This was designed by God. When sin came into this world, it corrupted the planet and people.

Side Note

Adoption is a great gift that a man and woman does because they cannot have children of their own and God bless moms and dads who take children that do not have a home and give them one

Back To Subject

Homosexuality is evil in the eyes of God. God does not hate sex. He does have rules about sex. Sex is to be between a husband and wife; a man and a woman brought together through marriage. Sex outside of marriage is fornication and is a sin.

When a person chooses to have a sexual partner of the same sex they are rebelling against the will of God. They are choosing to create a family not based on the will of God, but created by the devil, himself. The world can sugarcoat it all they want but God wants a family to be a man and woman united in marriage.

This was very hard to write. God gave it to me in the early hours. I prayed that if it was not God’s will, He would help me forget it before I woke up. Instead, I felt it more pressing when I woke up. I believe that God wants people to realize that God doesn't hate homosexuals, but to realize that homosexuality is a sin because it was created by the devil. I did not take what I am writing today lightly. I am literally trembling. I believe that because we are so close to the rapture that God wants people to understand why homosexuality is a sin against God. God help us all!

Betty

Leviticus 18:22

New King James Version

22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

New King James Version

13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

New King James Version

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were [c]sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

1 Corinthians 6:12-18

New King James Version

Glorify God in Body and Spirit

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not [a]helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.

15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

Romans 1:18-32

Open menu

New King James Version

Open menu

God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [a]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest [c]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [d]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like [e]corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [f]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [g]men, leaving the natural use of the [h]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, [j]covetousness, [k]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [l]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [m]unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 10, 2022

Happy Monday,

God Is A God Of Forgiveness

John 3:16-17

New King James Version

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

God wants to forgive mankind of their sins. He sent His Son to die for our sins. Jesus died a horrible death so that our sins could be forgiven. He did His part but we must do our part by admitting that we are a sinner, believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and confess sing our sins. This is often called the ABC of salvation.

A- Accepting that we are a sinner

B- Believing in Jesus

C-Confessing that Jesus is Lord

It takes all three. Many acknowledge that they are a sinner. Some even take pride in their sins. Many believe in Jesus but they refuse to turn from their sins. Believing that God must accept them as they are. Jesus does accept us as we are, but we must turn away from our sins.

When we refuse to turn away from our sins, we have placed our sins above God. God will never accept second place. To be saved we must allow Jesus to be God over us.. We must confess that Jesus is God.

Matthew 10:33

New King James Version

33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Salvation is not Church attendance. It is a relationship with God. It is a daily relationship where we talk to God through prayer, reading the Bible so that we know God better, and confessing our sins to God.

Romans 3:23

New King James Version

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

1 John 2:1

New King James Version

The Test of Knowing Christ

2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity–the man Christ Jesus.

How do we know we are saved? The sins we were involved in before no longer have the appeal that they had before. We have become a new creation.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed the message of reconciliation to us. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, certain that God is appealing through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God.”

Colossians 1:22-23 he has now reconciled by the death of his physical body, so that he may present you holy, blameless, and without fault before him. However, you must remain firmly established and steadfast in the faith, without being moved from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

As children of God let us seek to please our Heavenly Father. For we have been adopted into God’s family through our gift of salvation.

Romans 8:15

New King James Version

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.”

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 11, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

I Am Redeemed

Ephesians 1:7

New King James Version

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

Re·deem

/rəˈdēm/

verb

compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something):
    "a disappointing debate redeemed only by an outstanding speech"
    Similar
    savecompensate for the defects ofrescuejustify
    gain or regain possession of (something) in exchange for payment:
    "his best suit had been redeemed from the pawnbrokers"
    Similar
    retrieveregainrecoverget back

Jesus redeemed us with His precious blood. Our salvation is free to us but was bought with a cost by our Lord and Savior. We too often take our salvation, lightly or at times even for granted. This is sad. We must choose to remember the price that was paid so that we could be redeemed.

When we understand the price of redemption than not only do we love Jesus with all our heart, but we choose to avoid sins because of our love for Him. We will not have the desire to play with sin or to see how much we can get away with and still be saved. Instead we will yearn to live Holy and pure lives.

Betty

1 Corinthians 1:30-31

New King James Version

30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

Ephesians 1:7

New King James Version

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

Ephesians 4:30

New King James Version

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Colossians 1:9-14

New King James Version

Preeminence of Christ

9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and [a]conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 12, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Pray for Spiritual Wisdom

Ephesians 1:15-22

New King James Version

Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom

15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your [a]understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and [c]power and [d]might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,

In these times we need spiritual wisdom. Some more Preachers and teachers have left the truth of the Gospel and have compromised the Gospel. The world can influence us in ways we do not understand.

We need spiritual wisdom so that we stay firm in our faith and trust God. Pray that the Holy Spirit will strengthen our faith and determination to walk in Holiness and Righteousness. Pray that God will keep us from becoming discouraged.

God wants to help us. We just need to ask Him and then trust Him to answer our prayers.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 14, 2022

Happy Friday,

Encourage On Another In The Lord

“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” 1 Thess.5:11

Our brothers and sisters in the Lord need encouragement in the Lord, in these days. With today's technology, we can encourage one another without leaving the house. We can call or text words of encouragement to one another.

The Church sent people to encourage him.

“I am very glad that Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus have come here…They have been a wonderful encouragement to me, as they have been to you…” 1 Corinthians 16:17-18

In return, Paul sent Timothy to encourage the Church.

“...we sent Timothy to visit you. He is our brother and God’s co-worker in proclaiming the Good News of Christ. We sent him to strengthen you, to encourage you in your faith, and to keep you from being shaken by the troubles you were going through...” 1 Thessalonians 3:2-3

We can pray that God will bring someone to our minds that may need a word of encouragement. We can be used by God to encourage one another. These are hard times for many and unless God comes soon things will get harder. Encouragement will become essential to the body of Christ.

We can encourage one another to walk in righteousness and truth.

We can share the work that God is doing in our lives to give hope to others whose faith may be growing weak. Everyone has times when their faith grows weak and doubts enter their hearts. As Christians, we can open up our hearts to build one another up in faith in our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 15, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Help Us Yield, To God’s Will

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
2 Timothy 2:15

Pray that God will help us to yield to the will of God. To work for God and to live our lives in righteousness so that we do not bring shame to God. It is so easy to fall into sin if we are not careful. The devil knows our weaknesses and what temptation that will entice us.

We do not need to live in fear but to arm ourselves with the armor of God and to prepare our hearts by reading God’s Holy Word and praying. The Lord Jesus wants to help us if we will only ask.

Pray for one another that we can withstand the arrows of the devil. Pray for God to strengthen so that we do not grow tired and weary. Trust God in all circumstances for His wisdom is above all. Encourage yourself in the promises of God and the knowledge of our reward of Heaven.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 16, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

I Will Take Care Of You

Promise #289:

If I look after the sparrows, I will certainly look after you.

Luke 12:6-7 (WEB)

6 “Aren’t five sparrows sold for two assaria coins? Not one of them is forgotten by God.

7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don’t be afraid.

You are of more value than many sparrows.

The devil likes to convince us that we are alone. There is a lot of trouble going on in this world today, but that does not mean that God has no time for our needs. He is always concerned about His children.

God created everyone but everyone is not His child. We have to accept His precious gift of salvation to be adopted into His family. He has paid the price for salvation, but we must accept His gift and turn away from our sins to be redeemed.

My friends, let us not give into fear but trust God in these days. The war has been won. One day Jesus Himself will come to this earth to judge those who refused His precious gift.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 17, 2022

Happy Monday,

“The Night Is Nearly Over”

Daily Prayer for October 17
“The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12, NIV
Father in heaven, we thank you for giving us light. We thank you for the great hope for a day whose light is not of our making, whose source is in you, a day to come that can touch our lives already today. Keep our hearts steadfast, free of all human wavering. May we always hold to the love you have given through your grace, and may we find joy in your love, which is full of light and understanding. “Amen

The race is nearly over so let us not give up right before the finish line but seek to stay strong in our faith until we cross the finish line. We can grow weary and God’s Holy Word warns us of this. We are told not to quit but to draw nearer to God and seek strength from our Heavenly Father.

We all have burdens that we bear. We all have issues that cripple us in our walk with God. Yet, we can keep walking in faith if we trust God. There may be days that we limp but we can stay walking and not give up if we seek strength from God.

As Paul told us, keep our eyes on the prize that awaits us and not on the trials and temptations that beset us. Victory is ahead! I pray that God will encourage us all and give us the strength to keep going on and we do not fall down.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 18, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Live In Fear

Promise #291:

I will give you My power to destroy spiritual strongholds.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (WEB)

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we don’t wage war according to the flesh; 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds, 5 throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

I have spent too much time worrying about what could happen. We can waste time worrying for years. Even if what we dread happens, worrying only takes away the pleasure of the present.

Trust is living each day without worrying about tomorrow. We cannot change tomorrow so let us live each day to the fullest for God and walk in righteousness and trust in God.

Betty

Matthew 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 18, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Live In Fear

Promise #291:

I will give you My power to destroy spiritual strongholds.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (WEB)

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we don’t wage war according to the flesh; 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds, 5 throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

I have spent too much time worrying about what could happen. We can waste time worrying for years. Even if what we dread happens, worrying only takes away the pleasure of the present.

Trust is living each day without worrying about tomorrow. We cannot change tomorrow so let us live each day to the fullest for God and walk in righteousness and trust in God.

Betty

Matthew 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
October 19, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Singing In The Night

God, my Maker, who gives songs in the night.

When Jeff passed away it was songs that often brought me comfort. Singing in the bad times and in the middle of the night often will encourage us. We do not have to be great singers to sing.

COPD took away my ability to sing very long so often in the middle of the night I sing praises to God in my head. Singing praises to God blesses God and ourselves. There will be times that pain, grief, and despair will be so thick upon us that we are literally bringing sacrifice of praise to God.

My prayer is that I can be an encourager to those who read my blog and to remind ourselves that God is here for us always.

Betty