• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 13, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Following Your Heart

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? - Jeremiah 17:9

Many people are led astray by their own hearts. The Bible warns us that our hearts can be deceitful and wicked. We should be led by the Bible and God’s truths.

There are times when we have prayed and studied God’s Word before making a decision that we will be given peace from God. The problem is when we feel at peace living in sin. Contrary to the beliefs of the world, God is not going to change His laws because Countries have made sin legal.

God has a reason for His laws. His laws are not to keep us from being happy but to keep us safe. God is a Righteous God and He wants us to live in Righteousness. When we love God we choose to live in a way that will please our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 15, 2022

Happy Monday,

Strengthen By God

“Promise #227:

I will give power to the exhausted and I strengthen the weak.

Isaiah 40:29 (WEB)

He gives power to the weak.

He increases the strength of him who has no might.”

We live in times that are hard. Inflation, crime, and political confusion are all up. It seems at times that all we hear from people in power are lies. There is one we can always trust. That is our Heavenly Father. He never lies and His Words are true.

We can grow weary just living in these days, but if we ask God He will give us strength. The work we do for God often comes under criticism. Other people do not always understand our motives. This is when we remember that we are working for God and not man. When our goal is to please God, then we will not become upset with people who are critical of our work.

We must rely on God for strength and courage to step out in faith and do what He has called us to do. When we do this we will have the physical and mental strength required for doing work. We can ask God for peace of mind and heart and He will gladly give those to us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 16, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Trust In God

Daily Prayer for August 16
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“Believe God, and he will recover thee: and direct thy way, and trust in him. Keep his fear, and grow old therein. Ye that fear the Lord, wait for his mercy: and go not aside from him, lest ye fall. Ye that fear the Lord, believe him: and your reward shall not be made void. Sirach 2:6-8 Douay-Rheims
Dear Father in heaven, we come before you to receive what we need as your children who cannot find help and guidance on our own, but only through your Spirit. Enlighten us by your Word, which you alone can give. You will give us your Word so that we can know with absolute certainty and clarity how to serve you. Your Word will show us the truth that is to be revealed on earth in Jesus Christ. Shelter us in your hands. Strengthen us especially during suffering, and free us from fear and trembling. Fill our hearts with patience and joy. “Amen

Tomorrow I have knee surgery. It's always a little scary having surgery at 70 and with COPD. I can honestly say I am not afraid for God has given me peace. I have faith that God will guide the Doctor in what to do.

When putting our trust in God we need not worry or fear. If we ask God He will give us peace. The more we trust in God the stronger our faith will grow.

There will be some suffering after the surgery, but God will be with me and I can trust Him to comfort me.

What ever battle you are going through you can trust God to be with you. He will sustain you and give you peace. We can trust God to bring us to the other side of trouble. Our hope is not in this world but in our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 18, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Fear Not

So do not fear, for I am with you;

do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you;

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

I had knee surgery, yesterday. I could honestly say I had no fear. Not because I am a super Christian, but in the last year, God has increased my faith. I did not sleep well, Tuesday night, but it was not from fear. I had to get up at 3:45 a.m. I have a bad habit of watching the clock when I have to get up early.

God is so good. He encourages us when we are feeling down. He comforts us when we are suffering. I am so grateful for my neighbor who took me to the hospital at 5 a.m. and picked me up after the surgery. Grateful to my family, my Church, and friends who prayed for me. This has been a hard year for me and my family but God has sustained us with His love for us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 19, 2022

Happy Friday,

Transform Me, O’Lord

As we get closer to the end of the Age of Grace, may our daily prayer be that God will transform us spiritually into the person God wants us to be. Let our eyes be open to those around us that need encouragement. May we pray for those in need, even if we do not know them. May we live with compassion, grace, and love as our guide.

Betty

Psalm 139:23-24

New King James Version

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;

24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 20, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Speaking The Truth In These Days

1 Corinthians 1:27

27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

If you dare to question today's morales, be prepared to face some attacks. Whether it is being unfriended on Facebook or cursed at on other social media. The truth is some do not want to hear the truth.

The reaction of others does not cancel our responsibility to our Heavenly Father. Our salvation was purchased by the precious blood of Christ. How can we dishonor His sacrifice by allowing mankind to tell us what we can say or not say?

If you study Revelations, you will see that Bible prophecy is being played out today. Our love for sinners should be strong enough to warn them in love before it is too late. Most of all continue to pray for lost souls.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 21, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Where Is Our Focus?

“While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18, NKJV)

Paul reminds us that our present time is temporary. Problems that we deal with today, will be a faded memory when we get to Heaven. When we keep our focus on Heaven our present troubles we can deal with knowing there will come a day when they will end. Reminding ourselves of the glories of Heaven will help us press on through bad times, illness, and troubles.

Romans 14:8

New King James Version

8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.

Whatever our circumstances are the Lord is with us. He will never desert us. The Holy Spirit that lives within us will encourage and comfort us. We need not fear the future for God will be with us in the future.

When we place our focus on God, we can seek to live our lives completely in the will of God, knowing His will is far better than our own desires. When we make the decision to put God first our hearts will be at peace. Encourage ourselves in the knowledge that it will not be long until we lay

aside these corrupted bodies and take on our glorified bodies and leave this sinful world and enter into the gates of Heaven.

Betty

Philippians 4:4

New King James Version

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 23, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Why Do Bad Things Happen?

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

There are many things we wrestle with in this life, but I think death of a family member, has to be at the top. Especially a young child or a parent of young children, or our own child. A death of a spouse changes your entire life. It is impossible to wrap our head around God allowing those kinds of deaths.

Romans 8:28 is written to encourage us, but it does not mean that God is going to explain Himself to us. I admit even after 11 months since my son’s death I still at times want God to tell me why. Yet I know that God requires us to have faith.

Faith is hard sometimes. It is trusting God even when we do not understand the choices He makes. It is loving God even when just glancing at a picture of our deceased loved one brings us to tears. Trusting God's choices that have cut us deeply is hard. Yet if we love God we must trust Him in all circumstances, even those that cause us pain.

God will accomplish something good in our lives through tragedy. We can pray that we grow spiritually and that the Holy Spirit will work through us with more spiritual gifts so that we may work more efficiently for God. When we get to Heaven all things will be made known to us but today we must be faithful, trusting children of God.

Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your ownunderstanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 24, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

“God’s Promise Is Not Slack

2 Peter 3

New King James Version

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day isas a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The world may appear to be going along as normal, but if you look closer, you can see prophecy playing out before your eyes. Policies being put together behind the scenes that will control every aspect of Americans’ lives, from what we drive to what we eat. The President is working on a new currency that will allow the government to know what every penny Americans spend their money on.

Knowing that prophecy is playing out before us should not scare us. This just means each day is one day closer to going to Heaven. Soon we will leave our troubles behind.

We can go to God with all of our troubles, concerns, and fears. We can live in hope knowing that God’s promises are eternal and He never lies.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 24, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

“God’s Promise Is Not Slack

2 Peter 3

New King James Version

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day isas a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The world may appear to be going along as normal, but if you look closer, you can see prophecy playing out before your eyes. Policies being put together behind the scenes that will control every aspect of Americans’ lives, from what we drive to what we eat. The President is working on a new currency that will allow the government to know what every penny Americans spend their money on.

Knowing that prophecy is playing out before us should not scare us. This just means each day is one day closer to going to Heaven. Soon we will leave our troubles behind.

We can go to God with all of our troubles, concerns, and fears. We can live in hope knowing that God’s promises are eternal and He never lies.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 27, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Seek The Face Of God

Daily Prayer for August 27
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me. Psalm 27:7–9a, NIV
We thank you, dear Father in heaven, that you let the light from your face shine into our hearts. Look upon our time, we pray, with your clear, penetrating eyes, and let all people sense that they are watched over by more than they are able to see. Let them realize that a strong God and Father is watching over them. Protect us on our way, and let your light shine ever more brightly, so that in all we do your name is glorified. “Amen

Let us every day seek the face of God. May we want to know God and all His ways. May praises to God be on our lips throughout our days. May we seek to serve God in all our ways. God help us to live each day in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father.

Many of us traveled a long time in our walk with God. There have been bad times that have brought us to our knees. There have been joyful times like the birth of our children, their marriages and the birth of grandchildren. Through it out God has been with us. He knows us better than anyone and yet He loves us despite our faults. He has never given up on us. As we come to the end of grace, let us never give up on God, but trust in Him even more.

Betty

Hebrews 13:5 ESV

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

1 Corinthians 10:13

English Standard Version

13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Romans 8:1 ESV

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Isaiah 26:3 ESV

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 28, 2022

Blessed Sunday

Faith Is A Requirement

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (I JOHN 5:14 NIV)

We cannot be saved without a measure of faith. God knew that and supplied mankind with the faith needed for salvation. What has happened to a person who says they have no faith. Truth is they have faith. It takes faith to live.

You need faith when you flip a light switch expecting light to come on. You have faith when you get dressed to go somewhere and expect the car to start. Over time a person can kill the faith they have received from God. Every time the Holy Spirit calls a person and they refuse His call, their hearts grows a little harder. Over time they have hardened their hearts and ears until they are no longer are capable of hearing the Holy Spirit.

They have chosen to reject salvation to the point that God allows them to have their own desire to die in their sin. It has been said that God sends no one to hell, but that people choose to go there. To them this life is all they are concerned about. They have little-to-no thought about eternity.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 29, 2022

Happy Monday,

Stay The Course

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

There are many temptations in this world to tempt us to leave the path that God has put us on. The grass is never greener on the other side. The devil makes sin look glamorous and can tempt us into compromise. Do not be tempted to think a little sin will not hurt us. Sin will take us much further than we ever planned on going.

We stay the course not out of fear but, because we love our Heavenly Father. The more we love Him the more we want to please Him. Be watchful and prayerful for the enemy is constantly looking for a door to lead us a stray. May God bless and keep you.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 30, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Fear

I just worked up from a nightmare. When I woke up my body felt like it was frozen. Even now my body feels stiff. Fear can freeze us in not moving. We have no control over our dreams, but we can keep fear from controlling our awakening moments.

When the devil whispers fear in our ears, we turn to the God of peace, our Heavenly Father, and find peace. His peace chases our fears away. We cannot keep the devil and his demons from whispering in our ears, but we can choose to turn to God for help.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 31, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

God’s Promises Bring Hope and Peace

“Promise #243:

You can look forward to the new heaven and earth that I have promised.

2 Peter 3:13 (WEB)

But, according to his promise,

we look for new heavens and a new earth,

in which righteousness dwells.”

We can become overwhelmed by the world around us. Life throws us off balance at times. Loss of family members, a sickness that affects our family or ourselves can cause us to get tripped up.

Yet when we read the promises of God then we are reminded that this life is temporary. Our future is brighter than we can comprehend. No matter what the devil throws at us our future is secure in the hands of our Heavenly Father. Rest in the promises of God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 1, 2022

Thursday,

One Year Anniversary

Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest

One year ago today, my son went to be with the Lord. I could not sleep last night. It was weird, I was feeling peaceful and yet overwhelmed with sadness. When I did go to sleep I slept till almost 2 p.m. Today I have a headache and my brain feels fuzzy and confused.

Even on this day of heartache, I know God is with me. No matter what we are going through, remind yourself that God has not forsaken you. Today will bring tears but I am blessed to still have family reaching out to me. Do not give up but wholly trust in God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 2, 2022

Happy Friday,

Yesterday, I gave myself over completely to depression. I stayed in my pj’s all day and we spent a lot of the day in bed. We grieved together and held on to each other.

When I woke up, today I felt much better. I got up took a bath and got dressed. I think we needed that yesterday just to grieve together. When we lose our child or mate, it is okay to grieve.

The important thing is not to allow ourselves to be angry at God. He knows and sees what we cannot see. His ways are higher than ours. Completely trust God even in circumstances even those things that hurt us. One day everything will be made know to is. Today we must determine to trust God’s judgment.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 3, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Rest In Him

“Promise #246:

You can rest in My love, for I have power to save you.

Zephaniah 3:17 (WEB)

Yahweh, your God, is in the midst of you, a mighty one who will save.

He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love.

He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Whatever we are going through God is with us. He is not just watching from above but His Holy Spirit surrounds us with His love. We need not fret, worry, or live in despair for God will save us. His love will calm us in the storm and He rejoices over us with song.

What wondrous love God bestows upon His children. What a blessing it is to know that God cares about each of His children with more affection and love than we can even imagine. Let us in return praise, God, with all of our hearts and souls.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 04, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

A New Day

When we wake, our day is an empty page. Sometimes because of grief, we can begin to dread each day. Let us instead remind ourselves that each new day is a chance to make a difference in the life of another. Each new day gives us a chance to work for God. A chance to allow Him to work through us for His glory.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
September 5, 2022

Happy Monday,

Happy Labor Day,

The closer you are to the bottom of the work chain, the less respect you get. The more physical your job is the more you are taken for granted. Yet, this world would be more miserable if the people who keep the lights working in your house and water running through your house did not do their job.

This is not true with God. It doesn't matter what job God has assigned you, your work is important to Him. When we work for God out of our love for Him, we will be rewarded in Heaven. He does not take our work for granted. Let us all work for God out of a motivation of our love for God.

Betty