• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 20, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Where Does My Help Come From?

God the Help of Those Who Seek Him

A Song of Ascents.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?

My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

When we look to God for help, we will find the help we need. In Him, we find forgiveness from our sins. In Him, we find the strength to keep walking even we feel tired and inadequate.

When trials overcome us, we call out and Almighty God will answer our prayers. He is not blind to our pain nor is He deaf to our cries. When amid our struggles if we magnify the Name of the Lord, we will find peace. Even in grief, He will give us joy and peace.

Let us not live like children with no hope. Our Heavenly Father is our living hope.

Nehemiah 8:10

New King James Version

10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Trust God completely in good and bad times. Call out to Him when we are stumbling and He will sustain us. Remind ourselves that soon we will be joining our God and Savior, in our Heavenly Home, where there be no more death, sorrow, or pain. May God help us live our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 21, 2022

Happy Thursday,

The Wisdom of This World

1 Corinthians 1:20

New King James Version

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the [a]disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

This world is wise in its own eyes. They have rejected the truth of the Gospel and believed the lies of the devil. The world has rejected the very truth that was taught in Schools years ago.

We were taught that there were two sexes; male and female. We were taught that females had babies and males did not. The world is now rejecting their own truths to make transgenders feel better. Science is rejected because Science makes transgenders feel bad.

Christians let us embrace the truth of God’s Holy Word and we won't go wrong.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 23, 2022

Happy Saturday,

In My Weakness, God Is Strong

There are days that health problems hit you before you get out of bed. I do not believe in pretending that you do not have issues. I know God is going to heal me either on earth or in Heaven.

Just as I had to accept Jeff’s death I have to accept that I have health issues. This doesn't mean I have given up. I still pray for healing. Yet, I am willing to accept God’s will for my life.

When you trust in God, completely you can accept God’s will. I must remind myself that in my weakness, God’s strength is shown brightly. Despite the pain and other issues, God’s love can shine through me so that others may be blessed.

My duty to God is to live in a pleasing way to my Heavenly Father. In all things and situations, we are to praise God and honor Him.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 25, 2022

Happy Monday,

Trusting God In The Storm

Psalm 57:12

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in You my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.”

I have lived through the storm of losing my son, yet it was not my strength, but the strength of God that sustained me during the storm. My friends, we may go through some severe storms before the rapture. I pray that we do not, but we can depend on God to not only sustain us but help us shine with the glory of God. Let us pray for mercy that the rapture happens first but let us also pray that God keeps us through whatever is a ahead.

Matthew 8:26-27

“And he said to them, ‘Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?’ Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. And the men marveled, saying, What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”

We can trust God through everything if we lean on Him and seek His face.

Why did God say the disciples had little faith? They were upset that Jesus was asleep, but they did not ask Him to stop the storm. They did not have the faith to believe that Jesus could change the weather.

Second Corinthians 12:9

"But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

Paul prayed three times for God to remove the thorn from His life that troubled him. Yet, God refused to do so. It is always right to pray for healing, but if God chooses to use our infirmities for His glory, we must still have complete faith in God.

God chooses to allow certain things to afflict us so that we do not grow prideful in our work but remember that God is the giver of our talent. He wants us to give Him the glory for the work we do for Him and when we realize our talent is God-given then we can rejoice that God is willing to use us for His Kingdom.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 26, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

God and His Word Are Eternal

Daily Prayer for July 26
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures. Your laws endure to this day, for all things serve you. Psalm 119:89–91, NIV
Lord God, we thank you for your Word, greatest and most glorious of all that comes to our human life. Every day we want to find more joy in your help, in what you are doing for us. Again and again we feel and rejoice in the new help, new strength, and new courage for life given by your Word. We seek and seek to find Jesus Christ, th

God’s Holy Word is eternal. God’s Holy Word never changes. In this world, We cannot always trust promises from people. People lie for economic, political, and social gain.

If we live to be over a hundred what does it profit us, if we choose to sin for earthly gains compared to eternity in hell? As Christians, we should choose to serve God out of love and not what we can gain on earth or in Heaven.

If God allows us to go through difficulties, let our love for Him grow stronger and not weaker. Let us be faithful to God even when it is not popular. When we are going through sickness and trials may God help our faith in Him to grow stronger. When we become weary and tired run to Jesus and ask Him to help us.

As we wait with great anticipation for the rapture, let us continue to serve our Heavenly Father with a grateful heart.

Betty

Give thanks with a grateful heart

January 21, 2021Englishdavid

Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son

Give thanks to the Holy One

And now let the weak say, “I am strong”
Let the poor say, “I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us”

Give thanks with a grateful heart (with a grateful heart)
Give thanks to the Holy One (to the Holy One)

Give thanks with a grateful heart (with a grateful heart)
Give thanks to the Holy One (to the Holy One)

Let the poor say, “I am rich (I am rich)

Give thanks
We give thanks to You

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 27, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

God Will Take Care of Us

Promise #208:

Don't worry, I will take care of you.

Matthew 6:25-26 (WEB)

25 Therefore, I tell you, don’t be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 See the birds of the sky, that they don’t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you of much more value than they?

We go through things that we often do not understand. We must remember God did not call us to understand the reasons why things happen to us but to trust Him despite our situations.

A couple of months ago, I developed a cyst on the back of my knee. I went to an ortho doctor who gave me a shot in my knee. Now the cyst is bigger and my knee is freezing up when I walk and the pain is bad.

Of course, I have no clue why all this is happening to me, but I serve a God that does. I can choose to serve Him even when I am in daily pain. Tomorrow my primary care Doctor is having an MRI on my leg. Hopefully, the cause of the pain will be revealed, and a different Doctor will be able to fix my leg.

We will find peace when we trust God in all circumstances. Praise God and worship Him amid all circumstances.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 28. 2022

Happy Thursday,

A Gift

Each new day begins as a clean slate. When we wake, we have plans, but we do not know how the day will play out. Life sometimes changes our plans. What we can know is that whatever the day brings God is with us. We say this often, yet the promise is real and solid as a rock.

We should begin our day thanking God for another day. At the beginning of a death of a loved one we can see each day as another day we have to endure. As God brings healing into our lives we begin to see each new day as a gift. When we begin to realize that each new day is a day to work for our Heavenly Father, we can begin to thank God for the gift of another day.

Not only do we look with great anticipation for the rapture but we can see each day as an opportunity to shine the light of Christ on to the lives of others, seeking to bring the hope of Christ to others.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 29, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Attracting Filth

“Promise #210:

You are My children now, and you will be just like Jesus when He appears.

1 John 3:2 (WEB)

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it is not yet revealed what we will be.

But we know that, when he is revealed, we will be like him;

for we will see him just as he is.”

Walking in this world can make a person feel dirty and nasty. Every time, we think the world cannot get any worse, people show us they can. Remember though we have to live in this world, we do not have to conform

to this world and its low standards.

We do not have to drink from the cup of iniquities. We do not have to accept sin as normal behavior. We can live for Jesus. We must pray for lost souls but we do not have to embrace sin. When we compromise we are not only disobeying God but giving false hope to sinners. Sinners who refuse to turn away from their sin will never see Heaven. This sounds harsh but it is reality.

One day we will be like Jesus. Let us seek to live for God and be honest. Speak the truth of God’s Holy Word in season and out of season.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 30, 2022

Happy Saturday,

We Cannot See The Heart of Others

If we are not careful, we can find ourselves unfairly judging others, even our brothers and sisters in Christ. We cannot see into the heart of others, so we truly do not understand the motivation of others. Only God sees into people's hearts and knows their true motivation.

God sees the broken pieces that we cannot see. God sees the challengings that people have to go through to accomplish something for God. God sees the sacrifice it takes to step out in faith and open yourself up for criticism.

As Christians let us pray more for others and gossip less. Let us be a source of encouragement for other Christians and not a source of pain. Anyone who is doing anything for Christ is subject to be persecuted by the devil and his demons, let us not add to it.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 31, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

Sing A New Song

“Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things. . . .”
Psalm 98:1

With my loss of memory, most songs I sing to God are new songs, simply because I make up words as I sing. I am okay with that because I find myself singing from my heart.

I believe that God loves when we do anything for Him from our heart. When we pray, let us pray from our heart. God is not impressed with fancy words. When we work for God, make sure it is done out of love and not obligation.

God help us live each day as a new song unto God. Worshipping God with our work and honoring Him with our actions.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 1, 2022

Happy Monday,

“I Can Only Imagine”

Daily Prayer for August 1
“However, as the scripture says, "What no one ever saw or heard, what no one ever thought could happen, is the very thing God prepared for those who love him." But it was to us that God made known his secret by means of his Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:9–10a, TEV
Lord our God, bless us all through your Spirit, that we may find certainty of heart in community with you under your rulership. May we keep this certainty, whatever course our lives may take, whatever battles and suffering may come to us, for we belong to you and you rule and guide us as your children. Watch over all who are still far away from you but who long for you. Watch over all who are good-hearted and sincere, even if they often do not understand you. Protect them, and let your kingdom come so that your will is carried out more and more by the many who feel compelled to seek for you and for the goodness and truth which are your will. May we and many others serve you with our whole lives. Amen”

Like the song says, we can only imagine the beauty of Heaven. We can only imagine the joy we will feel when we see our Savior’s face. My friends there are times when we feel overwhelmed with physical and emotional pain, that can make Heaven seem like a pipe dream. But let us not give into the lies of the devil.

When we see Heaven, this world and it’s problems will fade away like a balloon in the air. All our trials and woes will disappear and all we will see are the marvels of Heaven and the greatest sacrifice every given for mankind. What a glorious day that will be!

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 2, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Run the Race

Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Looking unto Jesus
“We also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Just as those who have gone before us, let us run the race with dignity and respect for our Lord and Savior. Let us honor our Heavenly Father by living with compassion and kindness for others. The closer we get to then end of the Age of Grace, the harder the devil will fight us but if we start our each day with the Armor of God, He will help us and sustain us each day.

Ephesians 6:10-18

The Whole Armor of God

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places....

Be of good cheer and glorify the Name of the Lord. Pray that we can live in a way that honors Him. Keep looking up for the rapture and stand strong in your faith.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 3, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

He Came To Bring Light

Daily Prayer for August 3
“The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:9–12, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we may be your children. We thank you for giving us your Spirit so that we may truly be your children. Gather us into community with you so that our minds and hearts and all that is in us may realize what joy can come to us through your gifts. Though the world today is in turmoil, in doubt, lost in material things, grant us inner quiet to receive from you the power of faith. For through faith we can learn to know what you are and what you will be to all humankind one day, through Jesus Christ the Lord. “Amen

Jesus came to bring light into this world, but too many prefer to live in darkness. They do not want God to convict them of their sins. I read today about a politician today who said that it is her faith that guides her in her abortion stance.

How can anyone who reads the Bible believe that God would support abortion? Sadly, people like her are going to be surprised when they do not make it to Heaven. I may be wrong but I believe many are going to hell who knew the truth but rejected to the truth, preferring to believe the devil’s lies.

May God help us stand strong in our faith and not be persuaded by the devil to believe his lies.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 4, 2022

Happy Thursday,

“Behave Like A Christian”

Romans 12:9-21

New King James Version

Behave Like a Christian

9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient[a] in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have[c] regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Sometimes we do not act like we are Christians. We give into pettiness. We allow anger to dictate our responses and our actions. We excuse our bad behavior because we feel bad or our feelings our hurt.

My friends, Christianity is not a robe that we take off when we are not in the mood to act like a Christian, God forbid! Our salvation is embedded in our souls and we should act like Christians no matter the circumstances.

There will be times when we are sick and physically tired that we react in anger, but when we do apologize to the one we offend and than seek forgiveness from God and ask Him to replace our anger with love and compassion for others.

Pray that God will strengthen us with His love and His perfect patience so our natural reaction will come from love and gentleness and not from a place of anger. When someone hurts us, instead of holding the anger like a ball that we rub over and over building up anger, let us instead pray for those who hurt us and ask God to bless them.

Live not in despair but in hope, knowing our redemption is coming soon. Our time of suffering is coming to a close and victory is just ahead.

Romans 8:23

New King James Version

23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

Maranatha,

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 5, 2022

Happy Friday,

Growing In God

Philippians 1:3-9

New King James Version

Thankfulness and Prayer

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.

9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,

May God help us to grow in Him each day and not be content with just standing still spiritually. May each day bring growth in compassion, in spiritual growth, and in our love for God and others.

May our lives reflect the love of God so that others can see Jesus in us. May we be a walking testimony of the wonderous grace and love of God. God help us to be a source of compassion to those who are suffering. Let us rejoice in the goodness of God and share it with others.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 6, 2022

Happy Saturday,

You Are Important To God

Matthew 10:29-31

New King James Version

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a [a]copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

When troubles and trials come our way, the devil loves to try to convince us that we have little value to anyone. This my friends, is a lie. Jesus Himself said that we are valuable to the Heavenly Farther. God loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us.

Romans 5:8

New King James Version

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

The devil wants to devalue us, so we do not feel worthy to work for God. God loved us before we were saved. Our worth is not tied up into who we are but in that God loves us. When we work for God out of our love for Him, God will bless our work. Let us work for God, faithfully for the time of work is coming to an end.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 8, 2022

Happy Monday,

Choose To Walk In The Light

“Promise #220:

If you walk in the light, the blood of My Son Jesus will cleanse you from all sin.

1 John 1:7 (WEB)

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,

we have fellowship with one another,

and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son,

cleanses us from all sin.”

We cannot control the evil in the world. There is a darkness that is overtaken the world. The darkness of sin. We can choose to walk in the light of Jesus.

John 8:12

New King James Version

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

We can choose to live in righteousness and truth. We can choose to put God first, in our lives. We can choose to serve God, in this me-first age. Any sacrifice we make now for the cause of Christ, will be rewarded in Heaven.

Time is growing short. Let us be living for God and seeking to please Him in all that we do.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 9, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Trust God and Fear Not

“Promise #221:

Trust in Me and do not be afraid of what others can do to you.

Psalm 56:11 (WEB)

I have put my trust in God. I will not be afraid.

What can man do to me?”

There is a lot of information about what is coming that can easily scare us. Higher taxes for everybody. A social score like China that can limit our freedoms. Persecution of Christians and Religious organizations. Food shortages coming.

Only God knows what is coming, yet we do not need to be afraid. If we live Christ is with us and if we die we will be with Christ. Even if things get rough, we can keep our trust in God. When we walk with God, we can walk without fear.

There will be times that the devil will try to scare you about the future. When He does cry out to God. Then tell the devil to flee for you are under the protection of Almighty God. Keep pressing on for the prize of Heaven. We are too close to our Heavenly home to give up now.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 10, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

The Lord Is My Strength and My Shield

Psalm 28:7

New King James Version

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.

It was shocking to hear that the FBI raided President Trump’s home. There are a lot of shocking things happening today. These events do not have to lead us to fear. God is still on His Throne. The rapture is still going to happen. No matter what is happening around us, we can still have peace in our Lord and Savior.

Even in scary and uncertain times, we can still rejoice and sing praises to God. Let us take our eyes off the world and all of its problems and focus on God, the author, and finisher of our faith.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
August 11, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Give Us More Watchman

Daily Prayer for August 11
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the Lord returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes. Isaiah 52:7–8, NIV
Lord our God, grant that we may be your watchmen, who can understand what you mean for our time. We thank you for all you have already done, for every change to the good among the nations. For the nations must bow to your will so that nothing happens unless accomplished by you. Judge us wherever necessary. Open our eyes to see where we are wrong and where something does not go according to your Spirit. Be with us and give us strength. Raise up more watchmen everywhere, in every place and in every home. Wherever something happens to move people's hearts, let the watchmen proclaim, "This comes from God. It does not matter how much we suffer. This comes from Jesus Christ, who suffered and died, but who rose again." Raise up such watchmen among young and old everywhere on earth, to the glory of your name. Let there be a people who go to meet you with shouts of joy and thanksgiving. Amen

We need more watchmen and women to be aware of the times we are living in and proclaiming the truth of the Gospel, in a world where the truth is rarely received, well.

This is not the time to sugarcoat sin and refrain from speaking the truth. The Bible warns that if the watchman sees trouble coming and stays silent, the blood of the people will be on his hands. If the watchman warns the people and people choose to stay in their sins, then their blood is in their own hands, only.

Warning the people is not hate, but an act of love. If we truly love someone, we are devastated by the thought of them spending eternity in hell. Those who give false hope are deceiving themselves and the sinner.

Watchmen and women warn lukewarm Christians that now is the time time to fully commit ourselves to God. This is not the time to be a Sunday-only Christians. We need to be Christ-pleasers and not worldly-pleasers. On judgment day only God will be judging and not our peers.

Pray for Pastors and Teachers to have the courage to speak the truth in a world where the truth of God’s Word is ridiculed and rejected.

Betty