• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 28, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Fear

Promise #179:

I will rescue you from evil and safely deliver you into My kingdom.

2 Timothy 4:18 (WEB)

And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work,

and will preserve me for his heavenly Kingdom;

to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

We need not fear falling into sin, if we put our complete trust in God. The Holy Spirit will warn us when something seems okay but it is evil. The Holy Spirit will warn us of false teaching that has just enough of truth that it can be confusing.

In other words, we can live fear-free when we trust in God. Knowing that He has promised to deliver us from evil. As much as we are looking forward to Heaven, God is looking forward to the Heavenly Reunion when all His children will join Him for our Wedding Celebration.

We press onward to our prize of Heaven, seeking to live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. When the world makes fun of Christians so not be arrogant im response but pray for those who have been blinded by the devil.

Maranatha,

Betty

Last edited:

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 29, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Looking For The Blessed Hope

“Promise #180:

There is a crown of life waiting for everyone who loves My Son.

2 Timothy 4:8 (WEB)

From now on, there is stored up for me the crown of righteousness,

which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day;

and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his appearing.”

Sometimes people think that we talk about the rapture too much, but just like a Bride is so excited about her upcoming Wedding, we should also be excited about our Wedding in Heaven that will happen one day.

No matter what is happening on earth today, we can look forward with great anticipation to our Wedding in Heaven, for as children of God we are the Bride of Christ. There are no words on earth to describe the blessings we shall receive on that day we are wed to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

When we remember the glories that await us in Heaven then we can with the help of God withstand the battles on this earth. Seek comfort from God when we need it and trust God to be with us every day and remind ourselves of the glories that await us in Heaven. Then we can sing songs of praise to God amid chaos and losses.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 30, 2022

Happy Thursday,

They Cling To Their Guns and Bibles

Daily Prayer for June 30
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” Matthew 11:25, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you for your Word, which is light and strength to us. We thank you for all you give us. We thank you that we may be counted among the simple-hearted, among the children. We do not want to be anything great in the world. We want only to be with you as your children, helpless little children, watched over by you, the Creator and Father of all. Grant us your blessing. Help us in all that is good and right, also in our daily work, so that we can be your children and do what you have commanded. May your name be honored at all times, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us the wrong we have done as we forgive those who have wronged us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory for ever and ever. “Amen

Liberals often see Christians as weak and uneducated clinging to their guns and Religion. Christianity is more than a religion, it is a personal relationship with God. The Pope recently said that having a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous. What an odd thing for a Religious Leader to say.

A personal relationship with God is essential to our faith. If our relationship with God is only when we are in Church, we need to reconsider our salvation. True salvation is not only repenting and turning away from our sins but should include the desire to have a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father.

The more we love God, the more we should want to know Him. Our relationship with God should grow over time and with prayer, reading the Bible, and faith our spiritual life should grow.

May God give His children wisdom to avoid false teachings and to seek His face daily.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 1, 2022

Happy Friday

Guard Your Heart

Proverbs 4:23

23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

We must be careful of what we allow in our heart. There are so many things in this world today that is dangerous for Christians to expose themselves to. God wants us to live holy and righteous lives. We cannot do this if we feed our souls with sinfulness. Let us seek to be careful what we watch and listen to.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 2, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Some Burdens Require Extra Help

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” - Matthew 11:28

There are some burdens that God calls us to carry, that require extra help from God. The loss of a mate or a child requires extra help and assurance from God. As a little time goes by you do have more good days, but there is always that day that takes you by surprise when you need an extra dose of peace from God.

Pretending that you are stronger than you are is not the answer. Admit your weakness to God and seek His face. He wants to help us. It is through admitting our weaknesses that opens the door for God to work in our lives. God never asked us to live without His help and guidance. The more we seek Him the stronger our faith will grow.

Betty

1 I am weak but Thou art strong;

Jesus, keep me from all wrong;

I'll be satisfied as long

As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain:

Just a closer walk with Thee,

Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,

Daily walking close to Thee,

Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

2 Thro' this world of toil and snares,

If I falter, Lord, who cares?

Who with me my burden shares?

None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. [Refrain]

3 When my feeble life is o'er,

Time for me will be no more;

Guide me gently, safely o'er

To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. [Refrain]

Baptist Hymnal, 1991

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 4, 2022

Happy Monday,

Independence Day

Contrary to popular belief, America was started on freedom of Religion and not on freedom from Religion. Although it is extremely sad to see how our Country has fallen away from God, I was blessed to be a child in Elementary School, when the Pledge of Allengance and a prayer to God were said every morning.

All though we can see changes coming to America which worries as Christians, today let us praise God that we still have the right to go to the Church of our choosing and to say grace in a restaurant.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 5, 2022

Happy Tuesday

Waiting On The Lord

Isaiah 40:31

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk,and not faint.

Waiting on answers to our prayers does not have to be wasted time. When we waiting on answers, we can offer up praises to God. We can communicate with Him through prayer. We can continue to work for God, while we wait for an answer to our prayers.

God will strengthen us as we continue to walk with Him and serve Him to the best of our abilities. He will sustain us through life’s journey. When we begin to doubt that God is going to answer our prayers, ask God to strengthen our faith in Him and give us peace.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 6, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Keep Our Eyes On Jesus

But when he looked around at the high waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. - Matthew 14:30

The mass murder on July the 4th upset all of us. For someone to use a celebration of our Country as a place to kill people out of anger makes no sense. An evil person killing people at random is hard for us to grasp.

It is easy to be so caught up in anger and grief that we lose sight of what is happening. Did not Jesus warn us that in the last days, lawlessness would abound? God is not caught off guard by the evil that is growing in these times.

Although we know the reason, every incident of evil hurts us. Let us be careful that we do not become bitter but keep our eyes on Jesus. Let us not lose heart in these evil days but keep our faith strong in God and His Holy Word. As we get closer and closer to the rapture things will get worse but God is still in control and we can trust Him in all things.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 7, 2022

Happy Thursday,

He Is Faithful

Daily Prayer for July 7
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you for all you have done for us, for all you are doing for us, for deliverance from need and death. We thank you for all the signs you give us that you hear our prayer when, without wavering or weakening, we set our hopes on you. We thank you that we can be without fear of sin and death, for you stand by us in everything. In spite of our imperfections you show us your goodness again and again. May the light in our hearts never be extinguished, the light that enables us to look into heaven and earth and see the good that is on its way to us today. May joy remain with us, and may we have the strength to be a community that follows the paths of life which bring praise and honor to you.”Amen

I was sitting in the drive-thru at the pharmacy, yesterday, when a song came on the Christian radio about a man whose son had died. Usually, when this happens I fall apart, but this time I felt at peace. God immediately was there for me to comfort me.

This song talks about how much this man loved His son but went on to say his son is with his Heavenly Father who loves him even more. Christians we can take comfort in knowing our Christian loved ones are in a far better place than this world.

Our loved one is suffering no longer. They are rejoicing in the presence of Almighty God.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

We miss our loved ones terribly and there will be days when we need to seek help from others to stand beside us in our grief, but we are not children without hope. Our God is faithful and will always be faithful. Call out to Him, my friends when you are overwhelmed by the times we are living and He will not only sustain you, but He will put joy and peace in your heart.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 9, 2022

Happy Saturday,

A Wonderful Promise

“Promise #190:

Jesus is not ashamed to be called your big brother.

Hebrews 2:11 (WEB)

For both he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one,

for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brothers,”

What a wonder and blessed promise by Jesus to Christians! Remember this when things get hard. Remember this when the world calls us crazy for believing the Bible. One day Jesus will welcome us in to Heaven as His brothers and sisters.

Revelation 22:20-21

New King James Version

I Am Coming Quickly

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be [a]with you all. Amen.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 11, 2022

Happy Monday,

He Is Our Hope

“Promise #192:

I have poured My love into your heart by My Spirit.

Romans 5:5 (WEB)

and hope doesn’t disappoint us,

because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts

through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”

If we look at what is going on around us, we may begin to feel hopeless. These are the times we need to remind ourselves that God is our hope. We can stand firm in our faith if we remember that God is with us and will always be with us.

Even though the birth pains are harder and faster, Almighty God will give us strength and hope to get up each day and continue to do the job that God has assigned us.

I know I say this often but we must press on towards our prize of Heaven. We do not want to backside this close to the rapture.

Romans 13:11-14

New King James Version

Put on Christ

11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk [a]properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 11, 2022

Happy Monday,

He Is Our Hope

“Promise #192:

I have poured My love into your heart by My Spirit.

Romans 5:5 (WEB)

and hope doesn’t disappoint us,

because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts

through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”

If we look at what is going on around us, we may begin to feel hopeless. These are the times we need to remind ourselves that God is our hope. We can stand firm in our faith if we remember that God is with us and will always be with us.

Even though the birth pains are harder and faster, Almighty God will give us strength and hope to get up each day and continue to do the job that God has assigned us.

I know I say this often but we must press on towards our prize of Heaven. We do not want to backside this close to the rapture.

Romans 13:11-14

New King James Version

Put on Christ

11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk [a]properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 12, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Godly Wisdom

Proverbs 2:10-15

New King James Version

10 When wisdom enters your heart,
And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,

11 Discretion will preserve you;
Understanding will keep you,

12 To deliver you from the way of evil,
From the man who speaks perverse things,

13 From those who leave the paths of uprightness
To walk in the ways of darkness;

14Who rejoice in doing evil,
And delight in the perversity of the wicked;

15 Whose ways are crooked,
And who are devious in their paths;

We live in days when we need Godly wisdom. Wisdom to discern false Gospel from true Gospel. We need the wisdom to know how to react when we are attacked by the world for our faith. We will be subject to more attacks in the future.

The attack against Judge Kavannah serves as an example of how unhinged people have become in their demand for the right to kill an infant in the womb.

Over the years we have seen people react in hate to demand their right to sin. As lawlessness increases, we will see more violence against anyone who stands for the truth of God’s Holy Word. We will need wisdom from God to know when to speak and when to stay quiet.

These are the days to seek wisdom from God. To get our instructions from God and not from the world. Many things the world has given its approval of is sin in the eyes of the Lord. Sadly, people do not realize that on judgment day, it will be God that judges them and not their peers.

Let us pray that God will give us wisdom and help us to walk in Godliness and to live victoriously in these days when Godliness is considered is considered outdated and weak-minded.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 13, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

Let Us Draw Near To God

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love him” - Psalms 145:18-20

Ometimed

If you watch the daily news, you can become fearful. There are so many scary things happening in our world today. There are also reports on the news that can make you angry. Some stories can make you cry.

What do we do? We should call on God. Ask Him for peace. Ask Him to help us have healthy anger. Seek Him for comfort and pray for victims of violence and their families.

God wants to be close to us, but sometimes we get so distracted that we cannot feel the presence of God. This is when we take time and pray and seek the face of God. Remind ourselves that God never leaves us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 14, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Are We Listening?

Revelation 2:7

New King James Version

7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.” ’

To all seven Churches Jesus asked them if they were listening. Are we listening to the truth of the Gospel? Are we willing to hear the truth, even when it hurts? Only the truth will set us free.

Those who make us feel good living in sin are doing us no favors. We can become blind to see sin in our own lives and it takes someone with courage to help us see when we have fallen away from the truth of the Gospel. It also takes courage to admit our sins and confess them to God. True repentance will require a change in the way we are living.

We must be willing to ask God to search our hearts for hidden sins and pray for strength to turn away from sin. We cannot serve ourselves and God. To be a Godly person we must be willing to turn away from sin and live in a way that is pleasing to God. This is a big thing, our eternity depends upon our willingness to serve God in all of our ways.

Pray for God to reveal our sins, repent, and then pray for the courage to turn away from our sins. Whatever sacrifice we make will be worth eternity with God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 15, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Rejoicing In The Lord

Daily Prayer for July 15
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10, RSV
Lord our God, grant that we may find the power of your Spirit so that we may live on a higher level, no longer controlled by our lower natures but strengthened to take up the battle of life. May we be children of the Spirit and may we walk in the Spirit. Guard us against carelessness and keep us joyful and courageous. Help us and counsel us on all our ways so that we may honor you and testify that you are our God, our true help. Amen

Do we take the time to rejoice in our Heavenly Father? Are we grateful for each new day? Coming out of a great loss it takes time to begin to have hope and to feel grateful for each day. Yet, when we begin to praise God for each day, He will fill out hearts with hope. Little by little, we begin to appreciate the days that God has given us.

May God help us to live each day for Him and live in righteousness and His truths, rejecting the lies of the devil. Choosing to avoid sin but choosing to live for God and obeying His laws. God help us to honor you each day and be grateful for every day you give us.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 16, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Hope For The Wicked

“Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on them, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.” – Isaiah 55:7

Although the time of grace is coming to its end, there is still hope for the lost. There is no sin, no matter how pleasant it is that is worth missing the rapture. Whatever a sinner gives up, will be worth the rewards of Heaven.

We can see the signs of the times played out before our eyes. God is calling for the sinner to turn away from their sins and be redeemed by the blood of the lamb.

The Holy Spirit is still at work, calling sinners to come to Christ. When the rapture happens, the Holy Spirit will go up with the Church. Then the anti-Christ will come on the scene and begin his reign.

2 Thessalonians 2:5-12

New King James Version

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Some may ask, why would God send a strong delusion on mankind? God has given the world many chances to believe the truth of the Gospel. The world has chosen worldly pleasures, money, and positions of power over the truth. For this reason, they will believe the lies of the devil. The world has rejected the truth so God will send them a strong delusion and they will believe the lies of the devil.

God has warned mankind that the age of grace will one day end and His mercies will end.

Romans 1:28

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;”

Hope for the lost is coming to an end. Choose who you will serve God or your own sinful desires.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 17, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

God Will Give Us What We Need To Serve

This morning I feel so unworthy to be used by God. I deal with onset Alzheimers and brain fog from Jeff’s death. On days like this, I question my ability to perform the job God has called me to do.

Then God in His mercy towards me, reminds me that He will give me what I need to speak His truth. So many times I look at the white page and feel like I have nothing to say, but as I yield to God, He gives me the words to say.

God has given all His children a job to perform. Some have the gift of praying for others. To intercede in prayer for fellow believers. Some have the gift of encouragement. I cannot tell you how many times words of encouragement have kept me going, especially since the death of my son.

Whatever your gift is, use it for the glory of God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
July 18, 2022

Happy Monday,

There are things we go through in these bodies on this earth that we do not understand. That is okay, we are called to live in faith in God. God is a healing God. Although I would have had Jeff healed on earth and my son still be with us, God chose to heal him in Heaven.

Faith is trusting in God despite our circumstances. It is easy to have faith when things go well and we do not suffer illnesses. True faith is trusting God, even when things go badly and we suffer sicknesses.

Through our trials, we can have compassion for others who are going through trials. Living with chronic conditions helps us have compassion for those who are suffering similar situations.

Before the rapture, we here in America and other Western Countries may suffer persecution. Now is the time to pray that God will strengthen us so we can stand firm in our faith. If we are asked point blank if we believe the Bible is true, will we have the courage to say yes or will we mumble and make none committed comments? Will we deny the truth of God’s Word? Now is the time to pray for stronger faith and the strength to speak the truth. May God give us courage.

2 Timothy 4

New King James Version

Preach the Word

4 I charge you [a]therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

We are not Apostles but we are called to speak the truth of the Gospel, even when it is unpopular.

Betty