• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 5, 2022

Happy Saturday,

The Distress of Life

Today, I am overwhelmed. Stress has overcome me and left me weak and confused. Troubles longer from yesterday and new ones today. Yet in these moments I can hear the soft voice of God reminding me that I am not alone.

Life can be hard on us all. There is always a new trouble to deal with. If we are not careful, we can become so focused on our problems that we become blinded by them and can no longer see God.

It is when we cry out to God that we find peace. Our troubles may not feel but God gives us the strength to fight our way through our troubles. May God help us to see and hear Him amid our troubles.

Betty

Psalm 36:5-12

New King James Version

Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

Your righteousness is like the [a]great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O Lord, You preserve man and beast.

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.

They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.

For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.

Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You,
And Your righteousness to the upright in heart.

Let not the foot of pride come against me,
And let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.

There the workers of iniquity have fallen;
They have been cast down and are not able to rise.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I understand. 71 years old and the last two years have been rough. Four surgeries with another next week.

I keep on keeping on the best I can and looking forward to going home. These are terrible times.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 6, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

"Grow Where God Plants You"

Death and circumstances can make us feel that God has taken us out of our pleasant garden and moved us to a plot that is hard and nothing seems to grow there. We can fuss at God and pout or resolve with God's help to grow and blossom.

There is a reason that God allowed our circumstances to change. We most likely do not know the reason, but we are to trust God to know best. In our new garden, we may grow smaller blossoms but they may be more fragrant. As we grow closer to God, we will grow sweeter. The more we trust God the stronger our faith grows and we will indeed have a sweeter fragrance that we will produce.

It will take time for new growth to show. The beginning growth begins with the root system. Remember we need stronger roots to withstand life's storms.

Pray for Ukraine and her people. Pray for lost souls in Ukraine and Russia, that they may open their hearts to God.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 7,2022
Happy Monday,

Come To God With Child-like Faith

"Promise #66:
I delight to reveal My kingdom to those with a childlike heart.

Matthew 11:25-26 (WEB)
25 At that time, Jesus answered, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants.
26 Yes, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight."

A young child believes almost everything an adult says. They have a trusting heart. As we get older, we want everything proved to us. While it is wise to be less trusting when we deal with mankind, we should have complete faith in God.

God is not a man that He should lie. His promises are true. He is always faithful. God reveals things to His children because we trust Him. The wise of the world are prone not to trust God and want God to prove Himself. Yet, even if God preformed a miracle in front of them, they would take apart what they saw, looking for a magic trick and ignoring the reality.

Let us always have a child-like faith. May we always strive to please God, before man. When we believe in the truth of the Gospel, we will lose the respect of some. Remember in the end we will be judged by God and Him alone. The more we love God the more we want to please God.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 9, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

"A Common Life"

"Daily Prayer for March 9​

Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
But if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, then we share together a common life, and we are being cleansed from every sin by the blood of Jesus his Son. 1 John 1:7, NEB
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you as your children, whom you know how to gather. You have brought us into community with you in a wonderful way, in the midst of a world full of unrest, full of misery, and full of sin. For you know your children and lead them into community with you. You comfort them. You give them strength of faith, and confidence in your rulership and your kingdom, which will prevail over everything evil and deathly that still seems to control humankind. But your dominion reaches far, far beyond. You will keep us in your hands. For the sake of those who trust in you, you will send your grace and your help into the whole world. Amen."

What a wonderful thought that we could share a common life with Jesus. Even more wonderful is knowing our sins are cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus.

We live in a evil world, where evil seems to grow by the day, but this does not mean we have to partake of evil. With the help of Jesus and the Holy Spirit we can walk in righteousness. When we do this we can live with a joyful heart even amid attacks from the devil.

We may be struggling at times and yet in the midst of these God gives us peace and joy. Often through times of grief and struggles we find ourselves growing spiritually. When we do this, we are serving God and we will be rewarded for staying true to God.

Do not be conformed to this world or except their lies about sin, but instead trust in the truth of God's Holy Word. Pray for strength and guidance and draw close to God, so that we are not led astray by those who teach half-truths and right out lies.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 10, 2022

Happy Thursday,

bible-verses-7.jpeg

Love with people can sometimes die. God's love is eternal. We can trust God with all of our heart. He will never fail us.

He may take us down dark roads at times and we may feel alone, but God will never forsake or abandon us.

We will find Him when we seek with all our heart. We cannot be a half Christian. We are either completely in or we are out.

Matthew 6:24

Open menu

New King James Version

Open menu

You Cannot Serve God and Riches

24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and [a]mammon.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 11, 2022
Happy Friday,

"Justified Through Faith"

Daily Prayer for March 11
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1–2, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may share in the community of your Holy Spirit. In community with you our earthly troubles fall away and we remain in your peace in spite of all our failures and shortcomings, in spite of all the toil we must gladly take upon ourselves. Watch over us. Keep our hearts unshaken, clear, and steady. Keep us in the certainty that your kingdom is coming, is already beginning and can be plainly seen, so that all people can receive the good you have planned for them. Be with us this night. Amen."

Every person must choose salvation for themselves. No one can choose for another. We cannot beg God to allow anyone in to Heaven. It is the choice of each person to choose God or the devil. Of course most everybody will deny that they chose the devil, but by not choosing God, they choose the devil.

I heard a person say that a loving God that would send anyone to hell is evil. Truth is that a God that does not choose for mankind. Each person is given the choice to choose God or to refuse God. No one who refuses salvation through Jesus, will walk through the gates of Heaven.

We can chose to be justified by faith in Jesus Christ or we can chose to stay in our sins. If you chose Jesus as your Savior, you MUST turn away from your sins. You cannot live in sin and live for Jesus. Each person makes their own individual choice. No sin is worth going to hell for.

Life is so short and eternity has no end. The little pleasure sin gives is nothing compared to the eternal joy of being with God for eternity. We must choose wisely.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 13,2022
Blessed Sunday,

I Am With You

"Promise #72:

I am with you and I will help you because I am your God.

Isaiah 41:10 (WEB)

Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."

God saying " I am with you" is not a platitude, it is a promise from God. It is a promise that He is not going to forget us or lose sight of us. Like sheep we may wander but God will never abandon us.

We can depend on God's promises even when we are walking through grief or walking through uncertain paths. He will be with us and when we cry to Him, He will answer.

There is an old Hymn called "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus". When we trust in Jesus we do indeed find joy. When we believe in His promises, we find contentment.

There is so much talk not about possibly a Third World War, let us not become fearful but remember that this world is not out home and one day we will enter our Heavenly home, where there will be no talk of war, lawlessness, or evil. Until then, may God help us to keep our eyes on Him and our faith strong in Him.
Betty

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus

Audio Player

1’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more.
2O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood.
3Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.
4I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 14, 2022
Happy Monday,

Help Us Be Content.

Promise #73:
I will never abandon you.

Hebrews 13:5 (WEB)
Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have,
for he has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.”

Lord Jesus, help us to be content with what we have. Help us to be appreciative children and not envy others. Guide us on the right paths and keep us from danger. Help us to speak the truth with love and never waver from what your Holy Word says is true.

Cover us with your mercy and protection. Teach us Your Word and guide us to walk in righteousness and truth. Let us be a light to
the loss, a comfort to those who are struggling, and compassionate to the grieving. There is so many suffering today give us kind, gentle hearts and remind us to pray for one another.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 15, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Serve With Your Whole Heart

We know that God is offended by lukewarm Christians, so when we serve Him and others let us work with a heart that is on fire for God and strives to please Him in everything we do.

It does not matter how unimportant our job may seem to us, it is important that we do our best for Heavenly Father. When we work for God out of love for Him, our work will be blessed. It does not matter if no one sees what we did. It is only important that we do what we did for God.

As we live in this world with strife on every side. Let us seek to do God's will and ask God to comfort us and give is peace, during these trying times. Remind ourselves everyday of our future in Heaven when there will be perfect peace and joy.
Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 16, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

“I Am With Thee”

Zephaniah 3:17

New International Version

17 The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”

There are times when we feel alone. It is not that our family is not there for us but in the dark of night, we can be overcome with the feeling of loneliness. Our troubles seem bigger in the dark of night. Yet, God tells us time and time again in His Holy Word that He is with us and He will never forsake.

“Promise #75:

When you pass through the waters, I will be close to you.

Isaiah 43:2 (WEB)

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

and through the rivers, they will not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned,

and flame will not scorch you.”

The devil seeks to overcome us by fillling our hearts and minds with doubts and fears. He gets us so focussed on our troubles and the circumstances that we can lose sight of God.

This is when we must do as King David said and that is encourage ourselves in the Lord. When the devil talks doubt into our minds we remind ourselves of the many promises of God.

We are walking through a time of uncertainty. We are living in the last days. We must encourage ourselves and remember that our redemption is closer than ever. The birth pains are growing stronger and coming more quickly and if we do not stay focused on God, we will become fearful. We must choose to stay focused on Jesus and pray for more faith and peace.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 17, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Remain Steady

“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31–32, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to you in the Spirit. Through your Spirit gather us and many others on earth around our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Savior of humankind. May our hearts become truly free because you deliver us from all bondage to our own natures and to the world around us. As free people may we be led safely through distress, fear, and want, through need and death. May we become happy children whom Jesus Christ has called to life, children who are not discouraged by the struggle but who fight joyfully for your kingdom until it can be revealed to all the world. Amen.”

It is important that we remain steady in our belief in God’s Holy Word. There are so many teachers and Pastors in the world that have drifited away from the truth. Sadly, they do not wander from the truth alone, but have with their influence persuaded others to follow them into false beliefs.

In these last days, the devil is seeking to lead Christians astray from the truth. People who go astray and are now following and believe false Gospels.

2 Corinthians 11:1-4

New King James Version

Concern for Their Faithfulness

11 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the [a]simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

We can stay firm in our faith by judging every teacher with the Bible. He or she may have great charms, but does their teaching line up with what the Bible says. Just because the teaching is pleasing to the ears, does not mean it is from God.

Betty

2 Peter 2

New King James Version

Destructive Doctrines

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction [a]does not slumber.

Doom of False Teachers

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one ofeight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of [c]dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

Depravity of False Teachers

12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption, 13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, asthose who count it pleasure to [d]carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, [e]carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, 14 having eyes full of [f]adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man’s voice restrained the madness of the prophet.

17 These are wells without water, [g]clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness [h]forever.

Deceptions of False Teachers

18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of [j]corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into [k]bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 18, 2022

Happy Friday,

My dear friends, please bear with me today. I am having some brain issues today. I can tell you with confidence that whatever we are going through, God is with us. Even with the little things God is there to encourage us and keep us going.

Often it is a combination of little things that cause us to lose our temper. It's like being poked with a strait pin over and over. When we cry out to God, He doesn't lose His temper with us but comforts us and gives us peace. He gives us rest under the shelter of His wings.

Too often we wait until we are overcome to call out to God. Fearing that God is too busy to deal with our little problems. This is a lie from the devil. If it is important to us, it is important to God.

The more we communicate with God the sweeter our relationship with Him grows. We serve a mighty God, yet He is gentle and kind with us just like a father. Teach us, God, to trust in You more and appreciate You more.

Marantha,

Betty

Willy

Pro Poster
March 18, 2022

Happy Friday,

My dear friends, please bear with me today. I am having some brain issues today. I can tell you with confidence that whatever we are going through, God is with us. Even with the little things God is there to encourage us and keep us going.

Often it is a combination of little things that cause us to lose our temper. It's like being poked with a strait pin over and over. When we cry out to God, He doesn't lose His temper with us but comforts us and gives us peace. He gives us rest under the shelter of His wings.

Too often we wait until we are overcome to call out to God. Fearing that God is too busy to deal with our little problems. This is a lie from the devil. If it is important to us, it is important to God.

The more we communicate with God the sweeter our relationship with Him grows. We serve a mighty God, yet He is gentle and kind with us just like a father. Teach us, God, to trust in You more and appreciate You more.

Marantha,

Betty

I'm starting to go though the clumsies. I get angry with myself, for an instant, then I smile and say, “Look what you've done to me,” knowing God is with me, smiling Himself, caring, helping, knowing I know I must go through these things.

God is with each of us, we talk to Him as we would a friend, we share our humor, anger, joy, we get mad at Him, He can handle it, He knows us, loves us, will keep us through any and all circumstance ...

We include Him in all that we do, take Him wherever we go …

Philippians 3:20,21

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

We are His, … bought and paid for, already counted as home in heaven, sealed by God ...

Betty52

Advanced Poster
March 19, 2022

Happy Saturday,

“I Will Give You My Strength”

“Promise #78:

I will give you My strength to help you stand in high places.

2 Samuel 22:33-34 (WEB)

33 God is my strong fortress. He makes my way perfect.

34 He makes his feet like hinds’ feet, and sets me on my high places.

The Amplified Bible says 2 Samuel 22:33-34 this way... 33 God is my strong Fortress; He guides the blameless in His way and sets him free.34 He makes my feet like the hinds' [firm and able]; He sets me secure and confident upon the heights. (AMP)”

When my son died, not only did I not have the strength to survive, there were times I did not want to survive. The pain was too much for me to survive, but God gave me strength each day, and recently I have been able to pray “Thank You, God, for another day”.

Whatever we are going through God will give us the strength to press through to the other side. If we keep our eyes on God and trust in Him, we will come out on the other side victorious, and stronger Christians.

As Christians, we should want to grow in the Lord, but we don't want the struggles we have to go through, to accomplish this. This is not news to God, but His ways are the best. If we choose to go through our trials with trust in our Heavenly Father then we will grow mature in our faith.

Our choice will determine our outcome. Let us choose to walk in faith and trust God during the hard times, reminding ourselves daily that God is with us and will NEVER forsake us.

Betty