• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

April 19, 2024

Happy Friday.

Daily Prayer for April 19
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“And in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ give thanks every day for everything to our God and Father. Ephesians 5:20, NEB
Dear Father in heaven, accept our thanks today for all you allow us to learn and to receive from you. Help us, your children, to follow the Savior with a right spirit and with true understanding. Protect us from evil, from all the works of Satan. In our generation may we experience your rulership and your wonders. In the name of Jesus we pray, reveal yourself with power. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, that all may realize they are in your hands and that it is your will to set everything right. Be with us this night. Bless and strengthen us for all the work entrusted to us. “Amen

Another night that I have barely slept. I prayed to sleep, yet just a few cat naps were all I was given. It is hard to be grateful, when are prayers seem to fall on deaf ears. Yet, I know God heard my prayers.

This night has not been wasted I sang praises to God in my thoughts and reminded myself of the wonderous attributes of my Heavenly Father. Even we cannot sleep we can rest in God’s love.

Eventually, I will fall asleep and probably sleep into the afternoon. I have to remind myself that it's okay. I have no place to go today.

So many times we have to trust God when we do not understand the reasons why He allows things to happen. It is not our job to analyze God, but to trust in Him in all situations.

Pray for the people in Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

April 22, 2024

Happy Monday,

We Need Wisdom

“Promise #112:

Ask Me for wisdom and I will generously give it to you.

James 1:5 (WEB)

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,

who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.”

We need wisdom from God today. We are bombarded by evil on every side. We need wisdom to separate lies from truth. God wants to give us wisdom. We only need to ask God.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

April 23, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Be Careful, That We Do Not Worship Our Work, Instead of God

1 Corinthians 3:9

New International Version

9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

When our work for God becomes more important to us than worshipping God we are in danger. Our work will become a weight around our necks and we can become spiritually crushed.

This will allow resentment to form in our hearts and minds. This can lead to anger against God and others. Our work will soon become unblessed by God and it will show in our work.

First and foremost we should worship God with all our hearts. Then we work for God because we love Him, and not out of obligation. There may be days that we are not in a mindset to do our work. There may be times when we have to take a break from our work and rest our minds.

Always pray for guidance and seek God’s will before you start your preparation for your work. Pleasing God should always be the purpose for doing any work for our Heavenly Father.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Back