• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The White Throne Judgement

ekatch

Christ died on the cross to pay for all of our sins. Past. present and future. I faithfully believe that and see myself as a sinner.I accept what he did for me and become a born again christian. He sends me the Holy spirit. So what did I do to earn my salvation?

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Salvation is not earned. Earning something means you worked for it and are entitled to it from that work.
There is nothing we can do to earn God's salvation. There is no work you can do to get it either.

Its a gift. Gifts by definition are not earned, they are freely given.

We ask for the gift of salvation and it is given to us on the condition that we repent.

What did we do to earn God's salvation? Nothing. God is Love, its part of His pure and loving nature to provide and offer the gift, not because of anything we could ever do but because of God himself alone and who He is.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
ekatch,

Let me clarify.

You have to turn back (or repent) to God. The condition is that you have to believe the truth of Christ and turn back. One cannot accept a gift they do not believe in because at some point you have to change your mind about it in order to accept it or reject it for what it is. You have to change your mind in order to place your faith in God.

Also many will call on and have "faith" in the name of Christ according to Matt 7:21-23 and He will reject them because He never knew them.
Why is this true if its "faith alone" as you claim?

ekatch

The Gospel. 1Corinthians 15 vs1-4. Acts 16 vs 30-31. Ephesians 2 vs4-11. 2Timothy 2-15. We must Rightly divide the word of truth. BBS. Berean Bible Society

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The Gospel. 1Corinthians 15 vs1-4. Acts 16 vs 30-31. Ephesians 2 vs4-11. 2Timothy 2-15. We must Rightly divide the word of truth. BBS. Berean Bible Society
That is true. But the Berean get some things wrong as well. Been a long time since dealing with any of those issues.

So, we agree faith and grace are components of salvation, so need to prove it.

Another component of salvation is repentance. Here is more than enough Biblical proofs of that requirement.

Even on the Berean site it is states repentance is essential.

That is why we are saying to you "Salvation is by faith and repentance through grace and belief in the redeeming work of Christ."

You cannot have salvation if missing any of those elements.You cannot earn it by any work.

You have to want it, accept you cannot do it for yourself and ask Christ to do it for you.