• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

The millennial kingdom

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Why should the church on earth be concerned with this prophecy.

Because we are told to and it says there is a special blessing and understanding for those who do.

In other words, sanctification.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Amillennialist, Catholic, Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh-day Adventists deny any part of this is true.

Lady Crosstalk

The false prophet and AC will be cast into hell and later into the lake of fire.

Satan will be chained and imprisoned in the pit for 1,000 years.

I think the False Prophet and the Antichrist are pitched into the Lake of Fire at the end of the Tribulation--before the Millennial Kingdom (see Revelation 19:20). Satan will join them there just before the Final Judgment takes place. (Revelation 20:10).

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The false prophet and AC will be cast into hell and later into the lake of fire.

Satan will be chained and imprisoned in the pit for 1,000 years.

I think the False Prophet and the Antichrist are pitched into the Lake of Fire at the end of the Tribulation--before the Millennial Kingdom (see Revelation 19:20). Satan will join them there just before the Final Judgment takes place. (Revelation 20:10).
False prophet and antichrist are tossed into hell at the second coming.

Then all three into the lake at the White throne judgment.

Lady Crosstalk

That's not what it says. It says that the FP and the AC are tossed into the LoF at the end of the Tribulation.

And then the text makes it sound like Satan joins them in the LoF just before the Final Judgment. If you read it, I think you will agree with me. Not that it matters a great deal. But I don't think it is possible for any being to come back from the LoF. Another name for the "place of punishment" part of Hades is the Abyss and we know that Satan will be loosed from there at the end of the Millennial Kingdom. Jews of Jesus' day were well aware of the difference between the LoF and "the place of punishment" in Hades, which, according to their theology, had a gate at the bottom (there were various levels of punishment) which led out to the road which ended at the LoF. This is the way that Jesus depicts the account of "the other Lazarus" from Luke 16.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
That's not what it says. It says that the FP and the AC are tossed into the LoF at the end of the Tribulation.

And then the text makes it sound like Satan joins them in the LoF just before the Final Judgment. If you read it, I think you will agree with me. Not that it matters a great deal. But I don't think it is possible for any being to come back from the LoF. Another name for the "place of punishment" part of Hades is the Abyss and we know that Satan will be loosed from there at the end of the Millennial Kingdom. Jews of Jesus' day were well aware of the difference between the LoF and "the place of punishment" in Hades, which, according to their theology, had a gate at the bottom (there were various levels of punishment) which led out to the road which ended at the LoF. This is the way that Jesus depicts the account of "the other Lazarus" from Luke 16.

At the second coming Satan is chained in the pit for 1000 years.

But the AC and the false prophet are thrown into hell at the second coming

Hell is described very similarly to the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

At the end of time Satan is also thrown into hell.

Then at the white throne judgment Hell and death are thrown into the lake of fire.

Remember, hell contains the fallen angels already. Satan and the demons will join them.

Hell ceases at that time in the lake of fire is eternal.

Nothing in the Bible indicates the lake of fire exists before the end of the world.

Revelation 20:7-15 New International Version (NIV)
The Judgment of Satan
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
The Judgment of the Dead
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Lady Crosstalk

One of the points of confusion is that our English translations call both the LoF (gehenna in the Aramaic) and Hades (sheol in the Hebrew) "hell". Hades (sheol) in the ancient teachings of the Jews, was simply "the place of the dead"--where one would reside, after death, until the resurrection "on the last day". It was said to be divided into two different places, divided by an unbridgeable gulf: 'the bosom of Abraham" or Paradise for the righteous dead; and the "place of punishment" for the unrighteous dead. This is exactly the scene portrayed by Jesus in Luke 16. The "place of punishment" part of Hades was also known as "the bottomless pit" and the Abyss.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
One of the points of confusion is that our English translations call both the LoF (gehenna in the Aramaic) and Hades (sheol in the Hebrew) "hell". Hades (sheol) in the ancient teachings of the Jews, was simply "the place of the dead"--where one would reside, after death, until the resurrection "on the last day". It was said to be divided into two different places, divided by an unbridgeable gulf: 'the bosom of Abraham" or Paradise for the righteous dead; and the "place of punishment" for the unrighteous dead. This is exactly the scene portrayed by Jesus in Luke 16.
I agree.

Currently Paradise is empty. Christ took those Saints with him at his resurrection.

But hell remains.

The Bible does not spend a lot of time clarifying those issues. Which is reasonable because we are concerned with the living, not the dead.

I have my theories no proofs.

The Pit is in the earth. It has a key. Hell is in the pit.

Within the earth the deeper you go the hotter it gets. You get more and more molten material.

There are vast caverns in the earth, some containing underground seas.

Now is hell a physical place in the earth or a gateway to another dimension or spiritual place?

My guess it is a physical place because the contents of hell will be thrown into the eternal lake of fire when this Earth is destroyed.

As I said, my theory.

All we know is that the eternal lake of fire is not in hell. I suspect the lake of fire will be inside the new Earth.

To me the ancient Jewish beliefs were extremely similar to those of pagans. A lot of parallels.

In the New Jerusalem we will not care.

Heather Frank

restricted access
The future millennium? You know what, I've heard of that. There was also a serious millennialism movement in Europe as the year 1000 approached, during the dark ages. Things seemed pretty bleak, people were converting and churches were being built. The Kingdom of Norway built it's wooden churches, and in Britain, the Saxon reigns were coming to and end, and new stone churches like Saint Michael's in Oxford were being constructed. About two hundred years before the millennium turned, Patrick translated the gospels in Ireland, under the direction of his bishop, Brenden. There was something of a general panic and disorder at the time in Europe, people tended to resist the conversions, and besides wars of territorial conquest and national unification, there were worker's riots and religious conflicts. Fascinating times, that was when the church, which was related to the state (kings and their priests would be brothers and come from the same family) crusaded domestically and burned the witches. Of course, historical European millennialism was just a panic attack, nothin particularly important happened in 1000, although the crusades began in defense of Europe against Arabia about a hundred to two hundred years later.
Sure would be interesting to hear about the spiritual prophetic version.

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
The tribulation martyrs ARE THE 144,000 Christians killed for proclaiming the Gospel.
What Jew ever proclaimed the Gospel or even acknowledges Jesus?

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access
The tribulation martyrs ARE THE 144,000 Christians killed for proclaiming the Gospel.

Matthew, Mark, John, Peter, Saul (Paul) etc. ...
Matthew, Mark, John, Peter, Saul (Paul) etc. ... The moment they began preaching the Gospel they became Christians.

So as I posted: What Jew ever proclaimed the Gospel?

So many on this forum have no idea what Christianity is.

Willy

Pro Poster

Matthew, Mark, John, Peter, Saul (Paul) etc. ... The moment they began preaching the Gospel they became Christians.

:laugh:

XRose

Getting Started
restriced access

Laugh at Bible Truth if you like.
ChristianTalkZone is pretty much like the Synagogue of Satan.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member

Laugh at Bible Truth if you like.
ChristianTalkZone is pretty much like the Synagogue of Satan.