• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Seattle was Dying-The liberal vision for the United States

Heather Frank

restricted access
KOMO has been preaching that since before I was born. One of the problems with the mainstream American media is that it's always a case of daily time bound reportage, it really doesn't go deeper into either world or regional history, for example in Seattle if you want a lengthy historical perspective locally you have to spend a lot of time in the Seattle Times archives on the top floor of the city library, and it's voluminous. Another problem with mainstream daily journalism is that it's entirely civilian and really doesn't acknowledge certain international issues and other countries definitions of conflict. for example in South America where most of those homeless people's drugs are coming in from.
I suppose that for that particular ABC affiliate or the Times of Seattle where I used to work to say that the problem in Seattle is drug use and homelessness in non false, it's true in a day to day working writer observes and reports way, but if you were from this place and knew world history, especially our history in terms of this being a Pacific trading port with both container cargo lines shipping to Asian ports and also Naval presence, you'd realize that the problem goes a lot deeper than that.