• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 15:27-29

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 15:27-29
KJV 27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things. 28 When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain. 29 And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
Romans 15:27-29Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
27 They were pleased to do it, but the fact is that they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared with the Jews in spiritual matters, and then the Gentiles clearly have a duty to help the Jews in material matters. 28 So when I have finished this task and made certain that they have received this fruit, I will leave for Spain and visit you on my way there; 29 and I know that when I come to you, it will be with the full measure of the Messiah’s blessings.
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.
These are my thoughts, please share yours.

27 When we have Christ being able to help others as we can fill our hearts, they would have first helped someone in their own house and area first but also sent what they could to help the Jews is Jerusalem. All those who first brought the gospel to the world were Jewish and this by God’s hand took care of their spiritually needs, Jerusalem had physical needs and they had help, God saw their needs and met them by the Romans.

28 Paul very likely never made this trip to Spain but did make it to Rome and Jerusalem. Paul went to Rome as a prisoner.

29 Paul would have this but never have expected to go there as a prisoner for the Lord and of Rome. Paul would be put in jail and would there write most of his letters.