• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

question on 10 commandments

Jessie

Pro Poster
this honor your parents is became a condemnation to me as my family is narcissistic I want no contact whatsoever and out of my head so I can move forward.

would this not be under law again and not grace ?

Jessie

Pro Poster
I have post tramatic stress from her and I dont think God wants us to lose our confidence and sanity because of head games and cruelty

jdyson

restricted access
this honor your parents is became a condemnation to me as my family is narcissistic I want no contact whatsoever and out of my head so I can move forward.

It saddens me to know you feel this way.
Nov 18, 2017
Overview. Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

https://tinyurl.com/y8eh5299

Jessie
, forgive them, put away your hate. Embrace your parents and love them.

The only person I know who is truly Narcissistic is Trump and I forgive him and at the same time I would not vote for him to be our local dog catcher.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Sorry about your luck. You know how I read that, it's as if to say, yes, acknowledge who your blood relatives are. Don't, for example, swap out your dad for some stranger like he was just a Nintendo carriage or accept any old witch of a stepmother above the one who carried you for nine months just because that one died or had less money or something. To honor is to recognize, show respect and exhibit devotion, and with family, there are some interesting Bible notes. The begets are actually apparently really important. If you're into late classical Christianity, Thomas Aquinas wrote both Summa Contra the Gentiles, arguing that blood alone doesn't save you (that bother or sister of yours might be bad.) and he also wrote Summa Contra the Jews arguing that it's not just your religion and national heritage either (Israel rejected Christ after all, so couldn't someone else be in his following?) Sometimes all honor really means is acknowledgment of the facts, as in observing. You can be honest, and say, yes, I'm related to them and her, and those ones are my parents, without having to repeat mistakes they made, especially as you grow up and get your own maturity and understanding.