1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Start Here! Really!' started by CoreIssue, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jeager106

jeager106 New Member

Conservative, pro-military, law enforcement, Pro-life, Pro-Israel......................
    Me too!
    ( police vet, not military )

2. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle New Member

I'm a conservative southern Baptist and a former youth pastor. I currently teach a singles Sunday school class and am married to a wonderful wife of 12 years (2nd marriage.) I am not as consistent in my daily walk with God as I would like to be and though I'm sure we could all say that what I mean by that is that some days I just seem to go through the motions. Anyways I am excited to find this site because I am hoping for some good Christian growth discussion. Funny isn't it that church doesn't really seem the place for that to occur or maybe it's just me?

3. jeager106

jeager106 New Member

No it's NOT just you but reality.
    The internet is faceless thus might promote more honest discussion.
    Or a load of crap from fakers.
    Let the reader beware.

4. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle New Member

No doubt about that as it can be easy to be taken for a ride. I remember when chat rooms were the thing back in the AOL dial up days! And for sure some folks just get to be whoever they want to be online. In fact there is a country sound about some guy being taller, and cuter online than he is in person. So yeah I'm sure it would be easy here to believe you were ministering to a person or people when in actuality all you were doing was just feeding their loneliness or some twisted fantasy life.

Now the discussion that I'm searching for is based on what God is doing in your life. Yes I also like discussing Bible verses but it's the application that gets my blood pumping. I mean we read about some Old Testament prophet doing some mighty act some 3500 years ago and I'm like that's really great so now God what does that really mean to me and it does mean something. Sometimes He just lets me know that He's all powerful but sometimes He goes further and I feel that He is letting me know about His care of a specific need or problem in my life or the life of someone near to me.

Anyway what can we do but plant and water and pray for God to cause the growth.