• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Phil 1:12-13

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Philippians 1:12-13

KJV 12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; 13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

YLT 12 And I wish you to know, brethren, that the things concerning me, rather to an advancement of the good news have come, 13 so that my bonds have become manifest in Christ in the whole praetorium, and to the other places—all,

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 Paul waned these people not to be drug into sadness because of what happened to him but understand it was part of God’s plan. Paul wrote most of his letter while arrested, God was using this time. Sometimes hard times come into our life but do use these times for the glory of God, Paul knew that his hard times would and were being used by God.

13 Paul seen his bonds differently, he was proud that he could be arrested on the account of Christ. This was man who at one time had Christians killed and arrested, trying to remove the church but now with Christ in him, he is doing much work while in chains and still holding strong to Jesus. No matter what comes our way let us stay strong to our Jesus.