• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

New World Translation

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The New World Translation is not a translation, but a rewrite for the sole purpose to try to give Biblical defense to a cult theology.
An easy example is John 1:1, where the NWT says:
In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
The real translation, using the NIV as an example, is:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
No linguist can or will defend the NWT saying "a god." That is doctrinal, not linguistic.

Fact is no linguist was part of creating the NWT. The translating committee worked in secret. We don't know if it was a group or just one person.

Willy

Pro Poster
I tried working with this translation while witnessing to the authors of it. It has no life in it. Dry as a bone in the desert heat ... a watchtower creation.

Very sad indeed.

roman8

Advanced Poster
I understand they are re-writing it again, my guess is to fix some of the things they missed that dont fit in with their watchtower teaching. Im sure they will just say the light is getting brighter. It is very sad.

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
The doctrine was much outside scripture they had to change scripture to meet their doctrine, there comes the NWT a very bad bible, I have seen only one that I consider close to being as bad.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The posts on the Jewish Bible vs Christian have been given their own thread located here.

Last edited: