• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Matthew 12:40

rstrats

Advanced Poster
Corelssue,
re: "You have done this for many years in many places. It is your only topic."

What is your point in so far as it is applicable to this topic?

BTW, some of the topics I've started in many places over the years are:
Belief a Conscious Choice?
Cornelius and Acts 10:30
Disputed Ending of Mark 16
Matthew 28:1-10 versus John 20:1 and 2
Acts 10:30
Three Curtains
European Calendar
Seven Day Week Continuity
1 Samuel 30:13
Messiah as the antitype of the wave sheaf offering.
John 19:31
First Century Jerusalem
The Messiah's Spirit left His body at the moment of His death. Where did it go?
Matthew 28:1-10, Luke 24:1-12, John 20:1-18 and Mark 16:1-8
Discrepancy between Leviticus 23:6 and Matthew 26:17?
Dietary Laws
Fraternal Twins
Septuagint

Also, you still have questions directed to you in posts number 32, 43, 47 and 56 with which you have yet to answer.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Plenty of examples give over the years yet you keep asking. Why?

Curiosity? Nope. You have some other agenda.

Odd that you keep asking me to clarify my accusations when its quite obvious you are obfuscating the truth and hiding some agenda.

No one goes on board after board asking the same question, year after year, somehow keeping track of it all out of "simple curiosity".

So how about actually explaining yourself and why you keep asking this one question.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CTZonEdit,
re: "Plenty of examples give over the years yet you keep asking. Why?"

Because as of yet there have been no examples given.

BTW, in your post #33 you said that I have made unproven claims about the Savior. So far you have refused to support that accusation. So I ask you again, where I have done that?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
You claim to be a christian but say:
I personally don’t believe Jesus died for our sins. The way I remember it, during this time period Jesus was teaching to whoever would listen to failings of Judaism and pointed out a better path. The Rabbis at the time convinced the Romans to crucify Jesus and by doing so the local Rabbis would support the Roman rule. The Romans complied and peace was restored.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CoreIssue,
re: "You claim to be a christian but say: I personally don’t believe Jesus died for our sins."

If that comment is intended for rstrats, please identify the number of the post where I wrote that.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CTZonEdit,
re: "...you keep asking me to clarify my accusations..."

You bet I am. You said in your post #33 that I "...continue to make unproven claims about the Savior..." I want to know where I've done that. So far you have not identified any post showing where I made such a claim.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
Corelssue,
re: "my mistake"

Apology accepted.

BTW, you still have questions directed to you in post numbers 32, 43, 47, 56 and 62.

Last edited:

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
You continue to pose this ONE question that in essence "proves" the Savior was not buried for three days, making the bible a lie.
Your question has been answered. Yet you continue to spout it as some biblical fallacy.

This is YOUR unproven claim about the Savior.

The answer you are are looking for but obviously don't want to hear is that you are using improper preciseness onto common use ordinary language.
We have told you this over and over.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CTZonEdit,
re: "You continue to pose this ONE question that in essence 'proves' the Savior was not buried for three days, making the bible a lie."

I don't know about a lie, but it would at least show that the writer of Matthew got it wrong if the crucifixion actually occurred on the 6th day of the week, and if the "heart of the earth" was referring to the Messiah's time in the tomb.

re: "Your question has been answered."

I haven't seen it. Please provide the number of the post which shows examples of where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred.

re: "Yet you continue to spout it as some biblical fallacy."

I'm not aware of having done that. What do you have in mind?

re: "This is YOUR unproven claim about the Savior."

I'm not aware of having done that. Again, what do you have in mind?

re: "The answer you are are looking for but obviously don't want to hear is that you are using improper preciseness onto common use ordinary language."

Common means at least more than 1. So far no one has provided examples to show commonality.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about a lie, but it would at least show that the writer of Matthew got it wrong if the crucifixion actually occurred on the 6th day of the week, and if the "heart of the earth" was referring to the Messiah's time in the tomb.

If its not true then its a lie. One you are promoting. Hence your agenda.

I haven't seen it. Please provide the number of the post which shows examples of where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred.

Plenty of examples in this thread and on the internet.
You wont accept them because of your own agenda to promote the bible is a lie would halt.

I'm not aware of having done that. What do you have in mind?

See above. You believe the bible is wrong i.e. lying.
It isn't. Yet you actively promote it is.

Common means at least more than 1. So far no one has provided examples to show commonality.

According to who? You?
Are you the authority by which we are to define all idiomatic expressions?

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CTZonEdit,
re: "If its not true then its a lie."

Something is only a lie if the person knows they are asserting something that isn't true.

re: "One you are promoting."

And what do you think that is?

re: "Hence your agenda."

My only agenda is to see if it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

re: "Plenty of examples in this thread..."

I haven't seen even one example. So again, please provide the number of a post which shows examples of where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred.

re: "You wont accept them because of your own agenda to promote the bible is a lie...

Again, what lie do you think I'm promoting?

re: "You believe the bible is wrong i.e. lying."

Please provide a quote where I wrote such a thing.

re: "According to who? You?"

Yes. If someone says it was common to walk his dog in the morning, would you think he was saying that he had walked his dog only one time?

re: "Are you the authority by which we are to define all idiomatic expressions?"

For the purpose of this topic Webster defines it. If someone tries to account for the lack of a third night by saying that the Messiah was using common figure of speech then they have to know of more than one example to legitimately say it was common.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Show me where Websters defines how we are to understand idiomatic expressions from other cultures.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CTZonEdit,
re: "Show me where Websters defines how we are to understand idiomatic expressions from other cultures."

Sorry, my bad. I had the word "common" in mind when I said that Webster's defines it.

BTW, you have a couple of questions directed to you in post #73.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
OK so Websters is out. The original question remains.

Are you the authority by which we are to define all idiomatic expressions?

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CTZonEdit,
re: "Are you the authority by which we are to define all idiomatic expressions?"

Of course not. But if someone says that something is common, it doesn't take an authority to expect that person to know of examples in order to legitimately make the assertion of commonality.

BTW, in your post #33 you said that I have made unproven claims about the Savior. So I ask you again where I have done that? What negative claim have I made with regard to the Messiah?

rstrats

Advanced Poster
And that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.