• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

John 1:1-2

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
2 John 1:1-2

KJV 1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 2For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

MKJV 1 The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, 2for the sake of the truth dwelling in us, and which shall be with us forever.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 This could refer to an actually lady or to the church he was sending the letter to, the children would either be the children of this lady or the members of this church. He loves them with the love of Jesus. John is understood as the writer because him being the last disciple he became known as the elder. They are fellow believers at this time persecution had started to grow so finding groups of Christians would be secretive because the church was underground in parts as it is today.

2 The truth is to never depart from us and we are to never leave from it. This world will try to pull us away in everywhere they can but thru Christ we stay strong in Him.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
2 John 1:1-2

KJV 1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 2For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

MKJV 1 The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, 2for the sake of the truth dwelling in us, and which shall be with us forever.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 This could refer to an actually lady or to the church he was sending the letter to, the children would either be the children of this lady or the members of this church. He loves them with the love of Jesus. John is understood as the writer because him being the last disciple he became known as the elder. They are fellow believers at this time persecution had started to grow so finding groups of Christians would be secretive because the church was underground in parts as it is today.

2 The truth is to never depart from us and we are to never leave from it. This world will try to pull us away in everywhere they can but thru Christ we stay strong in Him.

Can the world pull disciples away from the Messiah?