• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

How we think Jesus will return verses how he actually will return

RicDeVela

Hi everyone, this thought and always point came into a few discussions I've been with some friend groups and church discussions. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be on our expectations vs how Jesus would come. This came up because one person made it known how the Jewish people could not recognise based on their own expectation of how the Messiah would appear and was wondering what if today we might be having that mentality as Christians. Just wondering, what anyone can comment on the topic and also if you can how can discern how Jesus will come again.

Thank you and hope we can keep the responses constructive without any hate but logical and proper according the the Scriptures. God Bless!

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Only the Father knows the time of the rapture. Everyone knows the time of the second coming, exactly 7 Jewish years after the rapture at the end of the tribulation. He will come leading an army of angels at Armageddon when he establishes his millennial kingdom.

The Bible says what the imminent signs of the rapture are. We are living in those times.

RR144

Are those your thoughts or someone elses?

Gnostic Christian

Advanced Poster
restriced access
Hi everyone, this thought and always point came into a few discussions I've been with some friend groups and church discussions. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be on our expectations vs how Jesus would come. This came up because one person made it known how the Jewish people could not recognise based on their own expectation of how the Messiah would appear and was wondering what if today we might be having that mentality as Christians. Just wondering, what anyone can comment on the topic and also if you can how can discern how Jesus will come again.

Thank you and hope we can keep the responses constructive without any hate but logical and proper according the the Scriptures. God Bless!
It is hard to ignore the hate in Jesus if he is creating Armageddon.

That is genocide, and there is a lot of hate in genocide. Right?

As to how I expect Jesus to act, if and when he should ever return, I would expect that he would do as he said he came to do the first time.

Cure and not kill.

What makes any believer think Jesus would change from a good god to a genocidal God?

Regards
DL

EdenSpeak

Correct me if I am wrong, but NT scriptures suggest that our precious Lord and Savior will return in the clouds for The Church, first, thus sparing those that are already saved (just as Noah and his family were spared before the flood).

This (rapture) should occur once a peace agreement is in place with Palestine (which would allow Jewish people to rebuild the Temple) and then the 7 year tribulation will begin once this agreement is in place. The great tribulation will occur 42 months thereafter once the anti-christ breaks the agreement and professes to be Israel's messiah.

More on this topic with my next post.