• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Hate

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
For those who say God is only love, let them explain Noah's flood or the second coming. As well Sodom and Gomorrah.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I thought now would be a good point to talk soon the claim by some that God creates evil.

Compare the KJV and the NIV and you clearly see the problem is the KJV.
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7 New International Version (NIV)

7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Psalm 97:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 Let those who love the Lord hate evil,
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
So many criticize those who condemn things like cults.

They say we are being judgment.

In the following they only quote verse 7.

I call that shopping cart theology.

Matthew 7 New International Version (NIV)
Judging Others

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
To the Church in Ephesus
2 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:

I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
12 “To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:

14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. 15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.