• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gods Anointed?

roman8

Advanced Poster
Is a pastor Gods annointed? Like in 1 Sam24, We are taught that a Pastor is called of God , and is therefore in the position of authority over us. That they are like Paul or one of the prophets , speaking for God. Their personal opinions should be taken seriously as well because Paul also Gave personal opinions when he preached.

I believe this is wrong. God says that he has spoken to us In times past by tge prophets but now by his Son Jesus Christ. Also how can every pastor be Gods annointed, that causes great confusion since they all have personal opinions. I believe its a dangerous statement to make. I believe the position of a pastor is an administration of the church, one that is important, someone that wants to teach and bring people closer to Christ, as well as pointing out wrongs according to the word of God only.

Jessie

Pro Poster
in sam 24 david spared sauls life, this is on a whole different level saul was annointed king. david was not going to upserp that and
kill him.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
There is a lot of misunderstanding on church roles.

Pastors are not anointed, they are appointed by the congregation. The are guides, not rulers.

As well, there is no such thing as denominations or church leadership above the local level in the Bible.

Sure, churches can cooperate and work together. We see that in the Bible.

Maybe this will help.

Roman8 and Jessie make excellent points.

roman8

Advanced Poster
I believe that a church should be elder run, they do not , I am not sure where they get the " one man rules the assembly and is only accountable to God thing from.

They use alot of OT examples to make their points.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
They get it from Catholicism.

There is a lot more carry over into the Protestant Movement than most realize.

Of course they use the OT, because it isn't in the NT. The Pope has assumed the role of the high priest and the Cardinals that of the OT Elders.

Of course there were only 12 in the OT. The Temple priests.

And alters, none in the NT.

Plus a lot more.