• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 4:1-3

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 4:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
4 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Galatians 4:1-3 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

4 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a minor he is no different from a slave, even though he is the legal owner of the estate;2 rather, he is subject to guardians and caretakers until the time previously set by his father.3 So it is with us — when we were “children” we were slaves to the elemental spirits of the universe;

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 We are all equal at the foot of the cross even though some may have sinned more we all need Christ the same, we all receive Him and do not deserve what He has given us. We go from a slave to sin to a coheir with Christ. Until the heir inherits he is no different than the slave because they both don’t have the inheritance.

2 Now Paul speaks on how they differ. The heir receives the best of things from the father, we as Christians receive the best from the Father thru Jesus. He protects us but this does not mean we won’t fall to harm it just means any harm that comes our way is not beyond His control, He never loses control. His Spirit brings us up under His teachings and the Truth.

3 We were growing up in the world but now we are growing thru the Spirit for the Lord. Infants are not much different it isn’t until they grow you can tell their differences. We should be able to be seen as different as the world the more we grow in Him, the bigger the differences should be.