• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Ellen G White - Seventh-day Adventists false prophetess

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Now some SDA say Sabbath law is not required.

But if she got this wrong how much else did she get wrong?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
If you were in the SDA in a leadership position and disagree with her teachings, you cease to be leadership.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
By definition, the SDA is a cult. It teaches a different gospel. It denies biblical truths.

rstrats

Advanced Poster
CoreIssue,
re: "The demand to obey the Sabbath law is legalism."

So then the demands to obey the other nine commandments are also legalism?

re: "Christ fulfilled the Sabbath on the cross."

If that were true, that would mean He also fulfilled the other nine commandments.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Ellen White: Jesus began Atonement in 1844
"It is this coming, and not his second advent to the earth, that was foretold in prophecy to take place at the termination of the 2300 days, in 1844. Attended by heavenly angels, our great High Priest enters the holy of holies, and there appears in the presence of God, to engage in the last acts of his ministration in behalf of man,--to perform the work of investigative Judgment, and to make an atonement for all who are shown to be entitled to its benefits."5
BIBLE: Christians had received Atonement by 50 A.D.!
Paul, writing his letter to the Romans in approximately 50 A.D., declares that Christians living in the first century had already received (past tense) the atonement: ...we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. (Rom. 5:11)

You know what's always struck me about that, it's the fact that 1844 is the publication year of the Communist Manifesto, by Karl Marx. I realize that that appears to be a total coincidence and that the two doctrines, philosophies or teachings have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common, but just as a student of history, that's what I think is interesting about it, or rather about her, he (Karl Marx) is extremely famous for being quite turgid. In spite of that fact, a lot of people and this includes Marxist scholars who you would think would be totally secular and complete atheists, still describe Marx as a secular prophet or as being prophetic in their writings. And I suppose that if you do read Marx, he does call call communism a specter, and that does mean ghost, or spirit, or well, you know. Also, he talks about it haunting Europe, spirits haunt, people don't.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Ellen White: Every name is examined, starting with Adam…
"As the books of record are opened in the Judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected."1
BIBLE: God already knows who are His own
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheepJohn 10:14
The Lord knoweth them that are His 2 Tim. 2:19

According to the Bible, God already knows who are His sheep. He does not need over 175 years to figure out who is saved and who is lost.
Hum. What makes me wonder about that is not the little Calvinist quip, it's the fact that if you look only at the Bible ("everyone starting with Adam), and don't laterally translate into people outside of Israel, there's an argument that not everyone is going to be given a last judgement anyway. I know there's a last judgement mentioned in the Bible (people get to live for about four score years and ten, and then after that there's a judgement". At the same time, the Bible makes an awful lot of there being chosen people, and the covenant with Abraham/Spiritual Israel current in theology or Bible studies is one reason to wonder if everyone on earth is really going to be judged at all or not. It might just be people who've been instructed and nations that have been given prophecy, with everybody else just kind of, there's a passage about wheat and chaff. God might just burn off the chaff, terminate that with extreme prejudice, and then everybody else gets the book opened and read and the name judged so to speak.

Heather Frank

restricted access
In the Bible female prophets were mentioned. But God requires that they be under the leadership of a man.

But in the SDA Ellen G White is the arbitrator of truth. Everyone answers to her and she answers no one.
Yeah.... Ellen White is one of those people, she's just really high profile. If you ever look inside the SDA church, you'll actually find out that in reality, it's all male controlled (White was married with kids and everything). The theological seminaries and stuff are male only of course. Ellen White, sorry, you have to have worked professionally in the profession of American journalism to "get" that. She's famous in modern times for being a prolific woman writer, but if you understand what real news reportage is, you finally realize that she' really just a joke. Some people try to make a case that she reported on the civil war, which she saw a little bit of, but she didn't. She was just a front person for the movement, giving evangelical direction in magazines and commenting on the Bible and health.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Ellen White: Every name is examined, starting with Adam…
"As the books of record are opened in the Judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected."1
BIBLE: God already knows who are His own
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheepJohn 10:14
The Lord knoweth them that are His 2 Tim. 2:19

According to the Bible, God already knows who are His sheep. He does not need over 175 years to figure out who is saved and who is lost.
You know what, that does seem kind of odd, from a point of view of time on earth. You're saying that she says that in 1844, a sequential judgement of human lives begins, now at some point there must be a spacetime doppler effect as the judgement reaches a point at which God finishes judging all the dead who have gone on, and begins to judge the living. I wonder how the two divisions of time here effect the judgement, and whether there is any spiritual difference.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The answer is simple. When one dies they either go to heaven or hell, immediately. So there is no on going judgment. The books referred to are for the purposes of punishment or rewards. But they are complete when one dies.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Really? People go to Heaven or Hell right away? SO where does that leave the resurrection at the second coming and the last judgement? And do you believe in purgatory too, it's kind of old fashioned.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
There is no such thing as purgatory. The spirit that go to heaven remain there until the resurrection. At the rapture the spirits return to their bodies that are reconstituted on the earth. Then they and the living saints are taken to heaven In glorified bodies at the beginning of the tribulation, not the second coming which Catholics teach.

Then, at the end of time, those in hell are resurrected but not glorified, judged and put in the lake of fire for eternity.

It is not old-fashioned. The biblical truths never end or change.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Seventh Day Adventism is from a more religious time in American history.

What most people have against Ellen White is the fact that she was religious and a woman at the same time, actually. Protestantism had tried to do away with that by closing down the nun orders and instituting clerical marriage. Ellen White was an author. I think I said earlier that she wasn't a Jounalist. Oh, sure she was. Wrote for all kinds of publications actually. What she essentially did was travel as a public speaker. It's all part and parcel of first amendment rights to assemble. She wasn't actually a profit, a preacher, or even an evangelist. She was scribe. A writer. A public speaker. And all she was really interested in was religion, she wasn't too interested in much else, although as a person interested in religion she was into some very large issues. Education and medicine.

The is an obscured or occult aspect to this person's life however (the word occult means hidden or not well known). She survived the War of 1812 in the North and knew some people who had fought the British. She broke off with them, (Miller, Bates, et al) not so much over religion (they just had their own religions and thought what they thought) but more because all they were really into was the military. It may have been a gender thing; they were men, and they thought the military was the most important thing in the universe. She was a married woman more into children and how to raise them.

Seventh Day Adventism is one of the peacenik leaning churches, they have the idea of Christ and Satan being at war, but you seldom meet a person raised in the church who actually believes in it in the Army unless drafted, because it's a peacenik church. (Not all of them dodge the draft however.)

There are some short remarks on the Civil War in her essays, and to give credit where due, she was bright enough to understand that there was a large race war component to the Civil War, and that it was not 100% legal theory.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
She proclaimed herself a prophet, in fact she was a false prophet. She taught doctrines that were not in the Bible. There are no such things as nuns biblically. There are no such thing as priests in the New Testament. The New Testament made it clear preachers are to be married.

Seventh-day Adventism is a cult.

Heather Frank

restricted access
She proclaimed herself a prophet, in fact she was a false prophet. She taught doctrines that were not in the Bible. There are no such things as nuns biblically. There are no such thing as priests in the New Testament. The New Testament made it clear preachers are to be married.

Seventh-day Adventism is a cult.
You have serious issues with freedom of speech. The New Testament doesn't say that preachers are to be married.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
What I said has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

The following clarifies on marriage. Nowhere does the Bible bar a preacher from being married as in the Catholic Church and others. But with everything else set in the Bible not being married is an invitation to sin since the sex drive is a common human attribute. And how good can a man be on counciling family issues if he is not married?