• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

2 John 5-6

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
2 John 1:5-6

KJV 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

MKJV 5 And now I beseech you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, as you heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 We aren’t to proclaim new commandments as Christians, the scripture is closed there is no new commandments but we are to proclaim to word we have and try to live to our best by the word we have. Jesus taught love. God is love and we show others Jesus best by loving them as He has loved us, now love isn’t justify sin, God does not approve our sin but still loves us, we should show others love by helping them overcome their sins and pointing them to Jesus.

6 We are to walk love of Jesus; if we are in fellowship with Him then we are in His love and have accepted His love. The greatest display of His love was the cross. We serve Him out our love for Him.

Jessie

Pro Poster
people call themselves christians that they believe the bible and reality is they live like the devil.
not everyone but most