• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

2 John 11-13

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
2 John 1:11-13

KJV 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. 13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

MKJV 11 For he who speaks a greeting to him is partaker of his evil deeds. 12 Having many things to write to you, I do not want to say with paper and ink. But I trust to come to you and speak face to face, so that our joy may be full. 13 The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 We should not be involved with those in sin, those that aren’t of Christ we should show love to but not treat them as though they are brethren on the right path for us to do so means we justify their sinful ways but we aren’t the ones to condemn them either but show love to the person but not acceptance of sin.

12 Because he didn’t write it we cant be sure what he wanted to say it is likely it isn’t what was in this letter but something else. I don’t feel he was intending to go into greater detail in person but more hoping it was taken care of from him pointing it out so that he didn’t need to talk to them about it when he came so that he could talk to them about what he is mentioning that he wanted to say. It is likely what he wanted say was personal and may have had nothing for us to grasp because it isn’t scripture. One reason it seems he wanted to meet was for fellowship and we as Christians should enjoy each others fellowship.

13 A final greeting because this wasn’t good bye but more I will see you soon.