• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Search results

1. xhacker

Muhammad's Koran

Did you quote me by mistake? - I presume so - I never mentioned polytheism..
  2. xhacker

Muhammad's Koran

Having unfortunately read the Koran, it's not a pleasant read. Firstly it's not in chronological order, which makes it difficult to understand, secondly it contradicts itself - and needs something called abrogation (the later verses overwrite the older ones) to deal with this - that is again...
  3. xhacker

George Floyd … Murder with Malice?

Having watched the video - you can conclusively say the policeman used over the top violence against a man on the floor - however there is no way of knowing if this was racist or not - shouldn't people wait and find out first before jumping to conclusions?
  4. xhacker

Atheist Church

I thought that was a well balanced documentary, with some interesting discussions.
  5. xhacker

What If China ...

Does it really matter whether it's a bat or cat or lazy laboratory worker? This is the reality we are stuck with, and we've got to make the best we can. I do hope there is a reckoning with China, they have been allowed to get away with too much for too long (I'm as guilty as anyone) - however...
  6. xhacker

What If China ...

Fair enough - I have no problem with that :smile:
  7. xhacker

What If China ...

Hey - what's wrong with the UK?
  8. xhacker

What If China ...

I spent a while living in China (I came back to the UK last year) technology wise they are ahead of anywhere I have been - facial recognition everywhere, intelligent highways, Internet speed - their military is improving dramatically - they have gone from using Russian cast offs to designing...
  9. xhacker

Some new things we`ve made.

That's great work ITW - the only thing it's missing is a secret draw - standard on most English card tables and makes cheating so much easier xx
  10. xhacker

Howdy old pards.

Stay safe ITW - remember this virus is serious, currently in lock down in the UK - avoid social interaction as much as possible. xx
  11. xhacker

Earthquakes and signs of the End

Sometimes what you think is happening, just ain't true: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4350860.stm "It found the number of armed conflicts had fallen by more than 40% in the past 13 years, while the number of very deadly wars had fallen by 80%. "...
  12. xhacker

Homosexuality

CTZ - sorry i posted earlier in the Christians-only section, if you want to discuss further with me, Core created a new thread (with the same topic) in the general section. x.
  13. xhacker

xhacker: Homosexuality

Core - as far as 'polygamy, polyandry, consenting pedophilia, bestiality, public nudity, drugs, etc', that's just a straw man. If you want to discuss those topics, then great, but our discussion here is on homosexual marriage, it has nothing to do with those other topics. My quotes were with...
  14. xhacker

Humanism and Death

Well at the very least the bible is contradictory: Isaiah 11:12 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV) Revelation 7:1 1 And after these things I saw...
  15. xhacker

Studies show that a married couple is the best environment for a child; hence another good reason why gay people should be able to get married. Lesbian couples are able to have children, without adoption. For evidence I recommend http://www.nllfs.org/ (National Longitudinal Lesbian Family...
  16. xhacker

The bible also says the following should get stoned: For touching Mount Sinai Whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death. Exodus 19:13 For taking "accursed things" Achan ... took of the accursed thing. ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after...
  17. xhacker

Humanism and Death

The Koran was written down during the life time of the Muhammad under his own supervision. But it was not in book form. It was written on different materials. It was first compiled in book form during the reign of Abu Bakr (632 - 634 AD) - Muhammad died in 632. I really think its pushing it to...
  18. xhacker

This post was made in the Christians Only Category, so I moved it here as a thread starter. CTZ - could I quantify your argument; essentially you seem to be saying because gay couples cannot propagate, this is why you are against gay marriage. My points: 1) There is nothing in marriage that...
  19. xhacker

Humanism and Death

I honestly dont know how you judge miracles (does anyone?). Certainly we can perform scientific 'miracles', that far out weigh anything in the NT.
  20. xhacker

Humanism and Death

Thanks for the links Core. Though some of their assertions are interesting, none of them say outright who wrote the gospels. This is of course because no one knows. There were a few logical fallacies : 1) Just because a manuscript has been copied many times does not make it any more...