• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Search results

1. Eliyahu

Jewish vs Christian Scriptures

Bs"d What I want, is a world with only the true God, without any idols. Who is the true God? Y-H-W-H. Besides Him there is no other God.
  2. Eliyahu

Bs"d The dead sea scrolls are full of mistakes and spelling errors. I'm not saying the MT is perfect, but when I have to choose I go for the traditional text.
  3. Eliyahu

Why is it that the Christian messiah didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies?

Bs"d Let's face it: He NEVER was a king. He didn't get any further than a wandering preacher and miracle healer.
  4. Eliyahu

Bs"d Isaiah 53 has no bearing on the messiah whatsoever. It speaks about ISRAEL. For the finer details look here: http://Isaiah53.notlong.com Daniel 9 speaks about TWO (2) messiahs, but not about THE messiah. Fort the finer details look here...
  5. Eliyahu

Who and what is the messiah? Let us check according to the Holy Hebrew scriptures what the messiah is supposed to do. ....... Micha 5:2-9; "But thouBethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in...
  6. Eliyahu

Bs"d Why didn’t the Christian messiah fulfil the messianic prophecies?
  7. Eliyahu

Bs'd That matters of course a great deal. The ones with the most respect for their text and with the most exacting copying process are the most likely to have the correct text. But those with a great respect for their text and a very exact copying process are of course very unlikely to...
  8. Eliyahu

Aren't the OT prophecies, brought by the NT, a bit fishy?

Bs’d The NT brings us prophecies of which it claims that they are fulfilled by JC. Let us take a closer look at those. The first one we find in Matthew 1:21; “she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to...
  9. Eliyahu

Bs'd The arguments; "O.K, the New Testament is not reliable, but the Old Testament, which is much older, is also not reliable", or the argument; "The Jews changed the Old Testament after the rise of Christianity, in order to discredit Christianity" are not valid. The Torah, the most Holy part...
  10. Eliyahu

Bs'd The Jews are the ones who have transmitted the Torah and the rest of the Hebrew Bible through the millennia with very great accuracy. The Tanach is even much more accurately transmitted than the much younger NT. And that is what I rely on, the Jewish tradition and zeal in...
  11. Eliyahu

Bs'd You seem to overlook the simple fact that there is NOT A SINGLE MANUSCRIPT THAT HAS "PIERCED". There might be some that have כארו, but like I said before, that means nothing in Hebrew. That verb doesn't exist in Hebrew or the Tanach. You have to turn it into כרו by dropping the alef...
  12. Eliyahu

How many Gays are There?

Bs'd The Statistics on Homosexuality and its Effects Catholic Apologetics International www.catholicintl.com/news/news.htm Some statistics about the Homosexual lifestyle: * One study reports 70% of homosexuals admitting to having sex only one time with over 50% of their partners (3) * One...
  13. Eliyahu

Bs'd Concerning the "like the lion" controversy, it is important to know that what is written in the Hebrew text, is "like the lion". The claim that in de Dead Sea scrolls there is written "they pierced" is wrong. There it is written kaf, aleph, reesh, waav; כארו And that is a word that...
  14. Eliyahu

Bs'd The vast majority, the Hebrew Bible, I accept. Daniel 9 does not speak about THE messiah. It speaks about two messiah's, but not about THE messiah. For the finer details look here: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/daniel9 I don't think I'm a prophet. It's just that...
  15. Eliyahu

Bs'd The prophecy of Isaiah 7: 1: In the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, son of Uzzi'ah, king of Judah, Rezin the king of Syria and Pekah the son of Remali'ah the king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to wage war against it, but they could not conquer it. 2: When the house of David was told...
  16. Eliyahu

Bs'd Who is talking about Mary? We are talking about the young woman from Isaiah 7, not about Mary. A young woman can be a virgin, and she can be a non-virgin. The term "almah" just doesn't say anything about that. And seeing that in Isaiah 7 that young woman is pregnant and in the proces...
  17. Eliyahu

Bs'd The LXX is corrupted by the RK church, something they freely admit: Here are a few excerpts from the online Catholic Encyclopedia, here to be found: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/ from the entry "Septuagint" which show the reliability of the LXX: The Christians had recourse to it...
  18. Eliyahu

Bs'd Psalm 22 To begin with; the Psalms are not prophetic writings. Also Psalm 22 does not claim to prophesize about the messiah. It is nowhere written: The messiah will come and he will call out during his execution: My God, my God, why did you forsake me? This is king David speaking...
  19. Eliyahu

Bs'd Micah 5:2 New American Standard Bible "But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity." The NWT says here: "From you will come out for...
  20. Eliyahu

Bs'd Strong is simply wrong here. And as he says: "Maid or newly married", and that is definitely not a virgin. And of course, most of the Bible translators translate the word "almah" as "maid", "damsel", or something like that. Except of course in Isaiah 7, there they almost all of 'm, say...