• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Thoughts from an old lady

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 14, 2022

Happy Saturday,

“Faith Triumphs in Trouble”

Romans 5:1-2

New King James Version

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We all have troubles and trials. The question is:”Do we live in faith, during adversity or do we fall apart?”. Do we allow our actions in bad times destroy our testimony?

It is not easy to stand firm in our faith, when we feel like we are being blown apart by a strong wind of troubles. We can even justify to ourselves falling apart in times of adversity. Yet, are we bringing shame to our Heavenly Father?

The time to seek to grow spiritually is in times we are at peace. We cannot wait until trouble comes to strengthen our faith. Pray for God to strengthen our faith now before the storm comes. Storms will come our way and that is a fact. Pray for God to begin a good work in us so that we can stand strong for the glory of God, no matter what comes our way.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 16, 2022

Happy Monday

Do Not Give Up

Proverbs 24:16

New King James Version

16 For a righteous man may fall seven times
And rise again,
But the wicked shall fall by calamity.

When we go through a devastating event like the death of a loved one, we can begin to see the calendar, as endless days of suffering. This is not how God wants us to live.

He wants us to see each day as an opportunity to serve Him. Yes, it is hard missing our loved ones. Our loved ones have finished their work and have gone on to their reward. We are still here because we still have work to accomplish.

As the scripture above says there will be times we fall but rise up in the Name of Jesus and focus on the mission God has given us. If you are a mother of a young child, your mission is to teach your child the ways of God.

If you work in the workplace do your job as unto God. In other words, do your best. Encourage your fellow workers and pray for them.

If you are retired pray for your family, our leaders, and lost souls. Prayer is very important and God needs more prayer warriors. Pray for the soon return of Jesus for His children.

There will be days that are especially hard, like Holidays. Prepare yourself ahead of time by praying for strength and grace. Do not give up, but be determined to work for God and encourage one another in the faith of Jesus Christ.

We are here for a reason and that is to accomplish the purpose God has assigned us to do. Seek the face of God and pray for Him to strengthen us and help us to be up to the task He has assigned us to do. Do our work with a cheerful heart and out of our love for our Heavenly Father.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 17, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Jesus Understands Our Pain

Daily Prayer for May 17
Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt
“Let us, then, hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God - Jesus, the Son of God. Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin. Hebrews 4:14-15, TEV
Dear Father in heaven, we look to Jesus Christ, who is at your right hand, through whom you have promised help for the whole world. Unite us with him so that we may receive authority to help all people according to your will. May your name be kept holy among us, for your children have every reason to rejoice in the Savior you have given them. We thank you for everything you have shown to those who believe in you. We pray to you, hasten the time when your day shall come with glory, the day when you will give the glory to Jesus Christ, when he will reign and triumph over all evil and bring the peace you have always wanted to give the world. We wait and long for this.”Amen

Jesus knows our pain. He personally felt horrible pain on this earth when He left Heaven to live in human flesh. Jesus knows what it is like to be betrayed. He knows sorrow. We do not serve a God who does not understand our suffering.

God is not the “man upstairs”. God is not a man that He should lie. God is perfection, holy, majestic, and pure. God loves us and He is our Heavenly Father, but we must treat Him with the respect that He deserves.

Yet, God in all His perfection cares about us individually. He wants to comfort us and gives us peace. He wants us to talk to Him and open up our hearts to Him.

If we seek God, He will answer our cries. He will wrap us up in His arms and fill us with His peace. If we humble ourselves before Him, He will lift us up. We can have a personal relationship with God. Contrary to the Pope a personal relationship with Jesus is not dangerous but is necessary for us to live in righteousness.

We pray for the rapture, as we should and we pray that we live in righteousness and truth as we wait for the rapture. As the old Hymn says “We work till Jesus comes and then we will be going home.”

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 18, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

God Does Not Forget What We Do For Him

Promise #138:

I will not forget the love you have shown Me by serving others.

Hebrews 6:10 (WEB)

For God is not unrighteous, so as to forget your work and the labor of love

which you showed toward his name, in that you served the saints,

and still do serve them.

When we serve others in the Name of God, our work is never in vain.

When our motivation is to please God, we will be rewarded. Our works must come forth from our love for God and not to have other people heap praise upon us.

We should serve God out of a grateful heart and not serve begrudgingly.

God will not reward our work if it is done in a spirit of resentment. There will be times we are ask to things that we don't really like to do. If we accept the job, pray and ask God to change our attitudes so we can serve with a joyful heart. All of the work we do for God should come from a place of love for God and mankind.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 19, 2022

Happy Thursday,

When We Do Not Understand, Why

Daily Prayer for May 19
“I love you, Lordww, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you that we have often felt you close to us. We thank you that you are near us and that you strengthen the weak. Remember us and give each one the help he needs to be true to his calling. Remember all humankind and grant that we may go forward in spirit and in truth. Give new light to the peoples who are still in great darkness. Let your kingdom and your reign be revealed and your name at last be honored by all. “Amen

There are things that God allows to happen, that we do not understand. The truth is we may never understand why in this life. The question is will we trust God, anyway?

When Jeff passed away it took four months for me to release him to God. Even now there is still a part of me that would like for God to tell me why. Yet, as I surrendered Jeff to God, God gave me peace.

God wants us to trust Him in every situation. He wants us to realize that He will be with us through every loss, illness, and pain. He will never forsake us. He will walk through the fire with us.

When I see others suffering, I wish I had the power to take away their pain and heartache, but I do know the God that can. Please pray for those who are suffering today because of the loss of a loved one. Pray for them to have physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to overcome and stand firm in their faith in God.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 20, 2022

Happy Friday,

“You Are My Hiding Place”

Psalm 32:7

New King James Version

7 You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

When tragedy strikes your family, the devil will tell you that God has abandoned you. This is a lie. God is always with us and He will get us through tragedies and disasters that affect our lives.

Draw close to God in your time of suffering and remember there is a reason for why God allows things to happen to us. We don't understand, but we must trust Him in good times and bad.

When we trust God in times of great suffering we will grow stronger spirituality. Spiritual growth is important now more than ever. We do not know what the future will bring, but we know a God who does and He will sustain us in the days to come.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 21, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Fill Us With Your Spirit

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22–23

God tells us what the fruit of the Spirit is. The question becomes “is the fruit of the Spirit flowing out of our lives?”. Are we living as Ambassadors of Christ or are we allowing our flesh to be in control of our thoughts and behavior?

In today's times, we often deal with angry people. Do we react to that anger with our own anger? I know it is hard not to react in kind. This is why we need to be prayed up so we react with the fruit of the Holy Spirit and not with our flesh.

Let us seek God everyday and ask Him to fill us each day with the Spirit of God so that we do not run on empty. Try to get proper rest so that we are not grumpy and tired.

One time, I allowed my body which was tired and hurting to cause my reaction to a store clerk to be out of anger. Before I got out of the store, the Holy Spirit convicted me. I turned around and went back and apologized.

Heavenly Father,

Help us to allow the fruits of Your Spirit to flow out of us each day. Help us to react in love and not in anger. Help us to be true Ambassadors of Christ.

Amen,

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 22, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

God Use Us For Your Glory

“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.” - Matthew 5:13

If we want to be used by God for His Glory then we need to allow God to fill us with His Holy Spirit daily. An empty cup cannot end the thirst of others. We also need God to fill us with love and compassion. How can we be there for the hurting when we do not have a heart of love and compassion for others?

There are so many hurting people today. So many people who lost loved ones due to COVID. Lawlessness abounds just as Jesus said it would do in the last days. Violence leaving families to cope with loss of loved ones. Death of individuals due to illness leaving families to pick up the pieces of their hearts broken because of their personal loss.

There is a need for love and compassion, all over this world. Christians are we willing to share the love of Christ with those in great need? Are we willing to pray for those that are confused and hurting?

We do not have the answer to why one survives and one dies. I still do understand why God chose to take my son, but I have grown to understand that knowing God’s reason is not something that is for me to know. What I must do is have complete trust in my Heavenly Father.

Let us seek to be willing vessels for the cause of Christ. Willing to serve Him with a grateful and obedient heart. Each day takes us closer to the rapture. Soon our time to work for God will be gone.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 23, 2022

Happy Monday,

The Mercies of God

Lamentations 3:22-23

King James Version

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Have you ever wondered why God is so patient with people? It is because He has mercy and compassion for mankind. His judgment does not fall immediately because He gives mankind time to repent.

There will be a time for judgment and God will reach a point that He will give a person over to their own reprobate mind, but He gives them many chances to repent.

Marvelous is the love that God has for all people. He would have all of mankind to be saved. He wants us to come to Him out of our own free will. He did not create robots but created mankind with minds of their own and the freedom to choose.

The reward will be great for those who choose to surrender their lives to God. The punishment will be harsh for those who choose to refuse the precious gift of Jesus' own blood, shed for the redemption of mankind.

Each individual must choose for themselves who they will serve: God or their own fleshy desires.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 24, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Faith

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

The Holy Spirit gives us a measure of faith when He convicts of our sins and need of salvation. It is the gift of faith that allows us to believe in the Name of Jesus and seek forgiveness of our sins.

Romans 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The more we read the Word of God the stronger our faith grows. This part is our responsibility. If we are truly saved, we will want to hear God’s Word. Jesus said that His Holy Word is the bread of life. We should crave it just like we do food for our bodies.

Sadly, we can get so caught up in life that we do not make time for God’s Word. This can weaken our faith, just as not eating weakens our physical bodies.

In times of tragedy and spiritual attacks, our faith can weaken. This is when we cling to God and His Holy Word. We go to the source of our faith- God’s Holy Word. We fall on our faces and seek God for restoration and for peace. We can step away from our trials and temptations by hiding under the shadow of the wings of God. He will give us rest and peace.

Betty

Hiding Place Lyrics

[Verse 1]

There is a hiding place

A safe secure place

Of rest and faithfulness

A place of strength

Found in the Father's love

Unceasing from above

Father, You are enough

So Lord I come

So Lord I come

[Interlude]

[Verse 2]

There is a saving grace

Found in Your safe embrace

A grace without an end

A grace that's free

Unceasing from above

Father, You are enough

So Lord I come

[Chorus]

For You are all I need

You're my sufficiency

In You my soul is free

You are my peace

You are my peace

[Verse 1]

There is a hiding place

A safe secure place

Of rest and faithfulness

A place of strength

Unceasing from above

Father, You are enough

So Lord I come

[Chorus]

For You are all I need

You're my sufficiency

In You my soul is free

You are my peace

For You are all I need

You're my sufficiency

In You my soul is free

You are my peace

Bridge]

Jesus

Jesus

Jesus

My God and King

My Lord and friend

|3x|

[Chorus]

For You are all I need

You're my sufficiency

In You my soul is free

You are my peace

For You are all I need

You're my sufficiency

In You my soul is free

You are my peace

You are my peace ...

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 25, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

“Friendship With Jesus”

Daily Prayer for May 25
“God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Corinthians 1:9, NIV
Lord our God, we stand before you and rejoice that we may have fellowship with you through the Lord Jesus Christ. Grant us the light of your Spirit. Grant our hearts strength for life. Open for us the paths of life, that we may find joy and hope in spite of all the suffering we must go through on earth. Let all humankind be entrusted to your care. Rule over them with your power, whether they are aware of it or not, and take world history into your hands so that all people may receive your mercy. “Amen

There is no better friendship that we can have than our friendship we have with Jesus. Jesus knows all our secrets and all the sins we have committed and yet, He still wants to be friends with us.

The God that created everything in the universe, wants a relationship with us. How often we take this precious gift for granted! God help us to cherish the relationship we have with God and to honor Him in all we do.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 26, 2022

Happy Thursday,

Lord, Give Me Strength

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

– Isaiah 40:31

I believe every Christian has reached a point where they cried out to God: “Lord, give me strength”. We all have times when we felt that we could not face another day. When tragedy overcomes us and our hearts are filled with despair.

God calls us to come to Him, to cry out to Him. Often we do not have peace, because we do not ask God for it. Instead of going to our Heavenly Father, we allow our pain to overtake us, and we wallow in despair.

There is so much lawlessness in this world today. It seems like every week there is a new tragedy for this world to bear. Yet, the world rejects the only one that can comfort us, and He is the only one that can fix the problem.

As Christians, let us seek God first and not last. God wants to strengthen us and fill us with His Heavenly peace. Pray for those who are hurting. Pray for America and this world. Rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus is coming for His own, soon.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 27, 2022

Happy Friday,

Death in Texas

2 Timothy 3:1 Context

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

I have not been able to put into words the tragedy that affected all of us Texans, this week. Our family is still grieving from the personal loss of two immediate family members, yet the murder of these young children has torn open a wound that had begun to heal.

Jesus warned us that evil would abound during the last days, yet seeing it play out so close to home is heartbreaking. When abortion was legalized I was a teenager. Although I knew it was wrong I never dreamed of the significance it would have on mankind.

I was in elementary school when they taught evolution as a theory in our textbook. Back then they taught evolution and creation. Now they teach only evolution.

Between legal abortion and evolution, children grow up not believing in the value of every human life. Every child born into this world was born with an ordained purpose. Those infants that are murdered in the womb also had a purpose that murder denied them.

Is it so surprising that too many young people have no respect for their own lives or for the lives of others? My heart breaks for those young children and their families.

I do not know the answer to the world’s problems, but it could not hurt for every parent of young children to teach them the value of every life. Teach them how much you loved them and how every life is important and everyone was born for a purpose.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 28, 2022

Happy Saturday,

Do Not Be Caught Unaware

Daily Prayer for May 28
“You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 1 Thessalonians 5:5–6, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we may be your children. We thank you that through your Spirit our hearts may know that we are your children. Even when everything around us becomes difficult and we are hemmed in by darkness, we remain your children. Even when we often do not see how we are to go on and everything seems to be taken from us, we remain your children. Even when sin and death surround us and accuse us of being in the wrong, we still remain your children. As your children we entrust ourselves to your hands. In our whole life, in all our work and activity, we dwell in what has come from you, and we rejoice in Christ our Savior. “Amen

When the rapture happens there will be Christians who will be caught unaware. This does not have to be so. Jesus said for us to be aware of the season we are living in.

Let us not fear the days we are living in. Jesus warned of these days and told us that He would be with us. This is the time to seek the face of God. To pray that God will open our eyes and help us discern truth from untruths. Remember false teaching is often wrapped up with a bow of truth. The Holy Spirit is willing to help us see the lies hidden from view so that we will not be mislead.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 29, 2022

Blessed Sunday,

If I Had Only Known

Lasting night I started thinking of last Memorial Day. When Jeff was still with us. I was overcome with grief. I wish we would could go back and make changes. Alas, wishing does not bring anything to pass and I do not have a time machine.

I know God took Jeff for a reason but there are times that not having him with us, hits me like a slap to the face. Yet, I remember that Memorial Day is to honor the millions of Americans who lost their lives in service for our Country. Tomorrow many loved ones will face the loss of husbands, sons, and fathers, and daughters who died so that not only America but other Countries could live in freedom.

As we enjoy our BBQs tomorrow say a prayer for all who lost a loved one to war. Pray for our Country for she has lost her innocence for political correctness.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
May 31, 2022

Happy Tuesday,

Tried in the Fire

Daily Prayer for May 31
“As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is what he promised us – eternal life. 1 John 2:24–25, NIV
Lord our God, we want to find our joy in you and in all your promises to us. For you have promised that in the midst of all the pain and sorrow, you are preparing what pleases you and serves your honor in every heart. May we experience in our lives the fulfillment of many of your promises, so that again and again we can go forward joyfully, rising above difficult times and situations. Have mercy on us and protect us in your strength. “Amen

God allows us to go through fire to remove contamination from our lives, to refine us for His glory. I have been through fires many times in my 70 years of life.

Every time I resisted the fire and reacted in grief and despair. It was only when I surrendered to God, that I found peace. Sometimes later we realize why God allowed thing to happen the way they did and other times God expects and demands that we accept His will by faith.

I am no prophet, but I believe this summer is going to be worse than 2020. There are already signs that there are many angry people who are willing to be violent in their response to the Supreme Court's decision on abortion. A woman in Colorado who is a Christian works as a designer. She and her family have received death threats, simply because she does not believe abortion is right. Please pray for her and her family.

We need not fear the coming months but keep our trust in God. Whatever happens, He will be with us. Keep our eyes on the prize of Heaven and we will be able to take each day as it comes.

Betty

Betty52

Advanced Poster
June 1, 2022

Happy Wednesday,

The Valleys of Life

God often allows us to spend time in valleys. Let us be honest, we do not want to be in the valley. The worse Valley is the valley of grief. There is no magic wand to get us out of the valley. We are supposed to do more than grieve in this valley. We are supposed to draw close to God and allow our trust in God to grow.

Jeff passed away on September 1, 2022. We are still in the valley. There are more good days now and I have surrendered Jeff to God, but that does not mean there are not bad days.

When we surrender our loved ones to God, we do begin to heal. When we stop fighting God we begin to allow ourselves to heal. The wound will never go away so it is important to keep our faith secure in God. When we do this we can walk in faith despite our circumstances. We can trust God even when we do not understand why.

Our hope is not in this world but in our Heavenly Father. He will walk each day with us and He will sustain us through every valley we go through. Christians do not give up, our redemption is close at hand.

Betty