• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

King James Bible Test

Lee Delivered

I would try the King James Bible test, I told you to try some where else on the forum. Get a King James Bible read like the first capture of the Gospel of John, then open it in between the Old and New Testament place it over your chest and leave it there for like 5 minutes as you listen to your favorite praise and worship song. The search your spirit and see if there is any unpleasantness there, if you feel something you know you should not be feeling, any unpleasantness at all then you may have an attachment of some thing that does not like the King James Version. Keep in mind the King James Bible is still God's Hold Book, you should not fell anything unpleasant. I try is exercise every night, I believe it charges up the Holy Spirit in you. It is very much like charging up a battery. Of course you are to read it daily and as much as your eyes will allow. But this is a very good exercise that anyone cat do. To any one who tries this I would very much like to know how it works for you. Thank You Lord Jesus for living in us and making yourself known unto us! I lift your Name on high! Praise you Lord Jesus!

Jessie

Pro Poster
Lee that reminds me of what my aunt would do before doing automatic drawing which is occultic.

we can not run on our feelings. Only the written word of God.
feelings can be nice but are not a accurate compass.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Show me anywhere in the bible that God says to do this 'KJV test' as you have described.

roman8

Advanced Poster
Lee , I am KJV preferred, but what you are saying to do is making an idol out of the book. The book was given to us, but it is not the giver. ( God) You need to be careful adding extra stuff to Gods word.

Willie T

I am not understanding the resistance here. It does not seem the OP is proposing Hocus Pocus, but mere quiet and mediation upon the reading of the Bible.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
He isn't proposing study to prove the King James. He's proposing heart knowledge like the Mormons do for the Book of Mormon. Revelation from the holy spirit.

Willie T

He isn't proposing study to prove the King James. He's proposing heart knowledge like the Mormons do for the Book of Mormon. Revelation from the holy spirit.
Why the addition of "like the Mormons do for the Book of Mormon"? Does that suddenly make anything done that is similar to what they do, bad? I heard they eat ice cream and roast beef sandwiches... does that mean you are a cultist if you do also?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Mormons believe the heart testifies to the truth of the book of mormon.

He wants you to do the same for the King James version.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
By study, prayer, listening to the holy spirit, listening to others and being hungry for the word.

It is not simply poured into us by the holy spirit. God expects us to do our part in sanctification.

Willie T

Simply reading Luke 14:26 ("Hate your entire family") will show you that you cannot simply "read the word of God." You have to ask the Spirit within you to show you the further meaning behind just the cold words written on a page.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The bible also says to study the word to grow in knowledge. That requires using such as an Interlinear.

We're not spoon fed understanding.

Willie T

The bible also says to study the word to grow in knowledge. That requires using such as an Interlinear.

We're not spoon fed understanding.
I didn't say "hand us understanding." I said to "SHOW us the further meaning behind just the cold words written on a page."
That is done by Him SHOWING us something more..... either elsewhere in the Bible, or someplace else in our lives as we continue to look for it.

Quote Reply

Willie T

OK. I agree with that. But the proof is always in some visible form.
Really? Have not you, as most of us have, been suddenly impressed to slam on the brakes in your car (often backing up) just in time to avoid hitting something... maybe even a child? Nothing visual in that. Just a coincidence? Dumb luck?

I have had the same "impressions" to seek spiritual clarification in often some odd place or way.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Or is it a Gift of the Spirit?

That is a different discussion. This is a more general issue that applies to everyone.

Willie T

Or is it a Gift of the Spirit?

That is a different discussion. This is a more general issue that applies to everyone.
Anyway you slice it, the spirit communicated instantly with us. There was no analyzation of any books or any study involved..... just an abiding relationship.